Tactics for Thursday

Tactics for Thursday

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 18, 2010 4:31 pm

No point in defending this one :lol: .

Might as well go out and just attack from the off.

If we loose 2-3 it really doesn't matter.

Therefore for me it has to be 4 2 4

Drummy and Panther in midfield with Neil W, Mullers, PJ and Gaz / Wayne up top.

No place for Duffy this time.

I just hope that Sammy tells 'em 'to go for it'
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Tactics for Thursday

Postby Plain Peter » Tue May 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Christies Child wrote:Therefore for me it has to be 4 2 4

2-3-5 :arrow:
Plain Peter

Postby maxamoo 1 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:43 pm

Christies Child wrote:No point in defending this one :lol: .

Might as well go out and just attack from the off.

If we loose 2-3 it really doesn't matter.

Therefore for me it has to be 4 2 4

Drummy and Panther in midfield with Neil W, Mullers, PJ and Gaz / Wayne up top.

No place for Duffy this time.

I just hope that Sammy tells 'em 'to go for it'

me too
maxamoo 1

Postby steve mfc » Tue May 18, 2010 4:46 pm

Just go for it and make it as entertaining as possible, nothing to lose :lol:
steve mfc

Postby George Dawes » Tue May 18, 2010 4:50 pm

3 4 3

this is a team id pick to play decent passing football on the deck with plenty of width

------------Roche
-----Haining Bentley Artell
Hunter Drummond Panther Wilson
---Wainwright-Jevons Duffy

ive deliberately kept Mullin & Curtis out as i dont want the players to take the easy option by hoofing the ball for 90mins playing route one football where you just lose the ball and put yourselves back under pressure
George Dawes

Postby mfcbro » Tue May 18, 2010 5:01 pm

What a good supporter you are c.c. is it right you walked out of the pub with 20 mins to go and then have the nerve to critise the players for their performance.Shame on you.
mfcbro

Postby mfcbro » Tue May 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Never heard of 4-2-4 formation it must be played in the leagues above ours.I would go 4-3-3

Roche
moss artell bentley wilson
hunter drummond wainright
duffy mullen jevons
Last edited by mfcbro on Tue May 18, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfcbro

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue May 18, 2010 5:02 pm

3-4-3

Roche
Haining Bentley Artell
Duffy Drummond Panther Wilson
Jevons Mullin Hunter
Little Shrimp

Postby james456 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:32 pm

DawZi wrote:3 4 3

this is a team id pick to play decent passing football on the deck with plenty of width

------------Roche
-----Haining Bentley Artell
Hunter Drummond Panther Wilson
---Wainwright-Jevons Duffy

ive deliberately kept Mullin & Curtis out as i dont want the players to take the easy option by hoofing the ball for 90mins playing route one football where you just lose the ball and put yourselves back under pressure

I don't think the players hoof it because Mullin is in the team. We just panic when we get closed down and hoof it upfield. Of course we know all too well that when we do this, the opposition pick it back up and reapply the pressure.

I hope Stanners is available for this one. He can't pick a forward pass or put in a great covering tackle but his passing is very crisp and he always gets in the thick of things, making interceptions before playing the ball out wide and out of trouble - which gives the recipient the chance to look up and think about what he's going to do with the ball.
james456

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue May 18, 2010 5:45 pm

we just have to go for it got nothing to lose
heysham_mfc

Postby Martin » Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 pm

I'd go for the Kevin Keegan formation:

0-0-10! :lol:
Martin

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 18, 2010 5:50 pm

mfcbro wrote:What a good supporter you are c.c. is it right you walked out of the pub with 20 mins to go and then have the nerve to critise the players for their performance.Shame on you.

Yes I did walk out but for reasons that has nothing to do with football or for that matter anybody else other than my family.

As for making comments about the players, unlike others on here I haven't been abusive to any of the squad. Interestingly a good number agreed with me.

With regards to being a good supporter, I've been more loyal than a lot of others over the past 52 years and will continue to be so, whatever the future may hold.

If you don't like what I post...then tuff!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Tue May 18, 2010 5:55 pm

james456 wrote:[I don't think the players hoof it because Mullin is in the team. We just panic when we get closed down and hoof it upfield. Of course we know all too well that when we do this, the opposition pick it back up and reapply the pressure.

I hope Stanners is available for this one. He can't pick a forward pass or put in a great covering tackle but his passing is very crisp and he always gets in the thick of things, making interceptions before playing the ball out wide and out of trouble - which gives the recipient the chance to look up and think about what he's going to do with the ball.

Saw Stanners today and he's had a full training session today and is raring to go, if selected, on Thursday.
I'd include Duffy and tell him to get us a few penalties and get two or three of theirs sent off.

That's my team-talk over.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 18, 2010 5:59 pm

shrimper wrote:
james456 wrote:[I don't think the players hoof it because Mullin is in the team. We just panic when we get closed down and hoof it upfield. Of course we know all too well that when we do this, the opposition pick it back up and reapply the pressure.

Saw Stanners today and he's had a full training session today and is raring to go, if selected, on Thursday.
I'd include Duffy and tell him to get us a few penalties and get two or three of theirs sent off.

Probably the best one you've ever given... ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Tue May 18, 2010 6:05 pm

I don't think the players hoof it because Mullin is in the team. We just panic when we get closed down and hoof it upfield. Of course we know all too well that when we do this, the opposition pick it back up and reapply the pressure.

well this is the idea on thurday if we do get under pressure playing long balls up to them three upfront i selected would just be futile, that selection should give the option to play pass and move football to feet what we can do
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Could Sammy be planning a change at the centre of defence by playing Parrish in that position? He quicker than both Arts and Jimbo and might just be able to handle the speed of the Daggers strikers.

Remember Sammy did say recently that he saw Andy in the centre of defence one day.

That could then mean Moss on the right and Willow on the left.

:?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby alwaysright » Tue May 18, 2010 7:06 pm

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK.............................absolutly nothing to lose, lets go out with a bang.
alwaysright

Postby cragbankshrimp » Tue May 18, 2010 7:25 pm

I'd be tempted to try Artell and Mullins leading the front line with Jevons just behind them. Wilson and either Duffy or Wainwright out wide and put balls into the box at every oppertunity.
Back line of Parrish, Jimbo, Haining and Hunter with Drummy in the middle. The wide men will have to put one hell of a shift in, but i can't see any other way of clawing back a six goal defecit.
It could also backfire big time.
Who'd be a manager eh!
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby al1 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:49 pm

i think we should use the 'multi-ball' system and really get at them,you never know.its a funny old game.
al1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue May 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Your best players are your best players , simple really !

Roche

Parrish Artell Bentley Moss

Duffy Stanley Drummond Wilson

Jevons Mullin

No need to go gung ho. Just keep the ball on the deck. Its Dagenham we are playing not Barcelona. We should have been 5-0 up at half time against them a few weeks ago. This time the chances have to go in !

anyone else remember a 2 legged match in the NPL cup I think it was against Southport and we lost away 3-1 and were 2-0 down at home in no time. We very nearly won it in the end.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Tue May 18, 2010 8:02 pm

Just win it - last ever game at Christie so just win it - restore a bit of pride and say goodbye on a high.

Sure Daggers will set up to keep it tight, concede nothing in the first 20, hush the crowd a bit and slow the game down - try and make it as boring as possible - similar to what we saw from Aldershot.

Get at them from the off, get the crowd buzzing and show everyone last week was a freak result........and please play Stanley - our defense looked very fragile without him in front of it.
SkinnyShrimp

Postby bill ding » Tue May 18, 2010 8:11 pm

We should raise the North stand roof from the first whistle to the last and show the viewers in sky sports land what true fans can do . You ( the travelling fans)on sunday were superb but lets crank it up a notch for the very last game at CP , you never know what people power can do .
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby james456 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:27 pm

shrimper wrote:

That's good news. I spotted him as well - at around mid day in Lancaster so worried he was away from training injured.
james456

Postby Posh » Tue May 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Roche

Parrish - Bents - Arts

Wainers/Duffs - Drummy - Stanners - Hunter - Wilson

Jevons - Mullin
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby bigreddog » Tue May 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Firstly shrimps supporters come in all shapes and sizes, cc is absolute proof of that, some people are destined to leave games early, or can't make it, or leave when we're 3-1 down to crewe and miss the greatest comeback ever (so far anyway).

secondly and this might sound utterly mad, but injuries aside, I'd be inclined to start on thursday with exactly the same team as sunday. and here's why. sammy's team talk should be simple, other than putting the clippings from the 6-0 all over the wall, he should say something to the effect of:

sunday you let the club down, you let the fans down, but most of all you let yourselves down. remember how you felt at the final whistle on sunday and tell yourselves not tonight, not ever again, not to this club, not to this set of players, and go out there and show everyone, show the fans, the people watching on sky, but tonight most of all you show dagenham that we have pride in this club, in this team, in our fans, we have pride in ourselves and you go out there and finish this season as winners!

or some such shit.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Next

Return to General Discussion