Pubs in morecambe

Pubs in morecambe

Postby Dagger Willie » Tue May 18, 2010 10:45 am

Can anyone recommend a good pub or two? I'll be in Morecambe around midday on Thursday so I quite fancy doing a bit of a tour of the town and its hostelries. Any advice appreciated. Extra points for dart boards and outside seating :)
Dagger Willie

Re: Pubs in morecambe

Postby Ntini » Tue May 18, 2010 10:57 am

I'll start you off - The York, friendly, away supporters welcome, and a short walk to the Pie. Why go anywhere else??????
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby sgt major » Tue May 18, 2010 11:04 am

Hi Willie

Try us at the York Hotel - 10 mins walk from the ground, Real Ales, Food served, Outside Smoking area and Patio, pool and darts, friendly staff - football friendly to ALL fans - does that tick enough boxes? ;)

http://www.yorkhotelmorecambe.co.uk
Last edited by sgt major on Tue May 18, 2010 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
sgt major

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue May 18, 2010 11:05 am

On the corner of Queen Street and the promenade is The "Palatine" with a good range of beers.

Opposite the Eric Morecambe statue is the "Tivoli" with good beer and outside seating etc.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Tue May 18, 2010 11:59 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:On the corner of Queen Street and the promenade is The "Palatine" with a good range of beers.

Opposite the Eric Morecambe statue is the "Tivoli" with good beer and outside seating etc.

Opposite the Clock Tower. It has the best pizzas in town.

Have a bit of lunch or tea there while you're on the front, then head down to the York (possibly via the Chieftain) on your way to the ground.

Have a good day and remember to be gracious after your 'eight-zero' tonking!

;)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby George Dawes » Tue May 18, 2010 12:05 pm

or the Pier Hotel on the seafront with tables outside where you can sit in Morecambe's renown warm climate & sunshine and look across the bay and admire it's envious uninterrupted views across the lake district peninsula with a fine beer
George Dawes

Postby Dagger Willie » Tue May 18, 2010 2:19 pm

Ta muchly they'll all go on the list.

Dawzi - you should be working for the Morecambe tourist board if you're not already.

Sarge - That more than ticks my boxes, sounds like a cracking place.

and Shrimper - don't worry i'm probably a lot more gracious in defeat than I am in victory ;)
Dagger Willie

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue May 18, 2010 6:01 pm

If you are here from midday you could always give Lancaster a try as well (just 10 mins away on the train)
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion