Tickets for thursday, a suggestion?

Tickets for thursday, a suggestion?

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun May 16, 2010 6:41 pm

I would imagine thursday will now, although sold out, not full, Anyone on here who will not now be using their tickets, could give them away, maybe on this thread, enabling people unlucky enough not to have a ticket the chance to attend, i have a ticket and will be going, but i would be happy to forward any unused tickets to my sons school, maybe a few new faces at the last game would bring us some new fans, pm me if you want, lee
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: Tickets for thursday, a suggestion?

Postby fletch_al » Sun May 16, 2010 6:43 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I would imagine thursday will now, although sold out, not full, Anyone on here who will not now be using their tickets, could give them away, maybe on this thread, enabling people unlucky enough not to have a ticket the chance to attend, i have a ticket and will be going, but i would be happy to forward any unused tickets to my sons school, maybe a few new faces at the last game would bring us some new fans, pm me if you want, lee

I think if anyone has bought a ticket and now wants to sell it on should happily do so because i dont want them at the match. They're not real supporters!
fletch_al

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun May 16, 2010 6:45 pm

Dont understand why anyone who as paid for a ticket for thursday will not turn up ...personally i still think the crowd will be over 5000 and also think daggers will bring more now
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sun May 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Daggers bring more!!

Your joking - why travel 4.5 hours when they are already through - me thinks they will be saving thier money for Wembley - 150 tops :roll:
SkinnyShrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun May 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Think you mis understood my post fletch, It was aimed primarily at people who may now not want to travel any distance, giving their ticket away to a local schoolkid who does not have one, rather than wasting the ticket.
mrpotatohead

Postby fletch_al » Sun May 16, 2010 6:57 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Think you mis understood my post fletch, It was aimed primarily at people who may now not want to travel any distance, giving their ticket away to a local schoolkid who does not have one, rather than wasting the ticket.

no i got the point. i just think that people who have bought a ticket should show up but i realise not everyone are die hard supporters. Aslong as only fans turn up then its all good
fletch_al

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 16, 2010 7:06 pm

i will still go..
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun May 16, 2010 7:11 pm

DawZi wrote:i will still go..

me too to kick some ass :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 16, 2010 7:13 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
DawZi wrote:i will still go..

me too to kick some ass :lol:

no!! we've. still had a good season i just hope we dont look for scape-goats
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sun May 16, 2010 11:06 pm

we've had a fantastic season, Thursday is a no-pressure match where we can show appreciation.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby sgt major » Sun May 16, 2010 11:52 pm

There are soooo many rose tinted glasses wearing fans in Morecambe - but I for one will attend, but think on. We have got to as a team, club, management, players and fans just harden up a bit and get more cynical, passionate (not just at the end of a season) and more forward thinking.

This season by default has given us all hope for a better future. Let's not kid ourselves, we should have been in the top three had we have showed some of the traits mentioned above. However just when we were on a winning run we faulted. Just as we started the season we had internal problems impacting on the team morale, just as we had a great pre-Christmas run, we nosed dived to the old enemy - Accy - and lost ground and points.

Too many people in the town are saying "Look where we were years ago" - Rubbish.

We are where we are at the moment because the general football supporting public of Morecambe DONT support Morecambe. Everyone on this Forum does - so I'm not having a go at all the LOYAL fans, in fact I'm not having a go at anyone, just stating what I see as facts.

I have met fans returning tonight from the game and have bought everyone of them a drink for their loyalty and tenacity - wonder if the club will.

Thursday as they say in tennis is a dead rubber. What we now need is a concerted effort to make our first season at the new ground a success. Stuff the play-off's, let's just go for a top three finish.

Finally, as for the player of the year night last Saturday - maybe a drink too far, or, as other teams do - have it a few weeks before the end of the season - you never know what will happen in football!
sgt major

Postby Aspers » Mon May 17, 2010 12:14 am

Fair call Mick but from where I see it we are punching above our weight.
To finish 4th in Div 4 is brilliant, I can honestly not see us climbing out of this Div. Of course I would love to, I as any supporter want to see us climb higher and go further, Can't wait to stuff Man U 4 - 0 at theirs in a league game.
Look at Wigan we say, of course anythings possible.
We do need the town to get behind the club, there are over half a million people living in and around Morecambe who do not have a league club to support,
2.5% of them to come to a match. The bind moggles.
Aspers

Postby Sam » Mon May 17, 2010 3:19 am

Aspers please can you pose next to a notable Australian landmark holding up a copy of todays paper because the result would suggest you sneaked across to watch!

All your talk of Morecambe Player not working was a cunning ploy to disguise the truth, that you were there, but you haven't pulled the wool over my eyes!.....although I do wish I hadn't been able to see the game!
Sam

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon May 17, 2010 7:46 am

Aspers, there are 42000 people living in and around morecambe, not half a million, 2.5 percent of that is around 1200, if you are calling lancaster and kendal, around morecambe, please note they have teams of their own :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Mon May 17, 2010 9:02 am

Sam wrote:Aspers please can you pose next to a notable Australian landmark holding up a copy of todays paper because the result would suggest you sneaked across to watch!

All your talk of Morecambe Player not working was a cunning ploy to disguise the truth, that you were there, but you haven't pulled the wool over my eyes!.....although I do wish I hadn't been able to see the game!

:lol: :lol: :lol: You know, I was just going to post the same thing! Bribie Island is a roundabout on the North Circular! You can come out of hiding now ya jinx! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Mon May 17, 2010 6:19 pm

I have to say I agree with pretty much everything Sgt. Major says. Everyone associated with the club has to rid themselves of the "Little Morecambe" attitude that somehow says it's alright to lose 6-0 in a play-off match because we did oh-so-well to get there in the first place. Indeed we did, but my we didn't half blow it. Now as I said elsewhere, I'm now not attending on Thursday. I'm not normally one for revealing personal stuff on a football forum but the reason for that is I can use the time I had taken off to complete several online-based tests for a job I'm applying for at work. A job which, if I was successful, would secure my future in the Jobcentre until 2014, rather than next January. I'm choosing to prioritise my future over a now meaningless kickaround. Sorry if that offends anyone.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Wild Bill » Mon May 17, 2010 6:36 pm

[quote="marky"]I have to say I agree with pretty much everything Sgt. Major says. Everyone associated with the club has to rid themselves of the "Little Morecambe" attitude. [quote]

I don't believe the players went into yesterday's game feeling inferior to Daggenham, perhaps the opposite in fact. :roll:

Most fans though are realistic enough to know we are seriously punching above our weight just being in the play-offs. If you get so miffed off everytime we have a (extremely!) poor result then perhaps Morecambe isn't the team for you.

Yesterday was the biggest and most shocking defeat I have ever witnessed in 18 years of supporting Morecambe.

I appeal to all fans to not 'throw out the baby with the bath water' and use their ticket to give Christie a great send-off on Thursday night!

COME ON MORECAMBE!
Wild Bill

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon May 17, 2010 7:31 pm

Anyone with a ticket SHOULD be there on thursday!! I hope the team get a rousing reception when they step out onto the pitch for the last ever game at Christie park. 6-0 away defeat and everyone wants to sack the lot of em and not turn up to support?? Shame on you all. i remember witnessing the 9-0 home defeat by the mighty Bangor city.... i was there the next game.... COME ON YOU SHRIMPS!!!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby ockers » Mon May 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Anyone with a ticket SHOULD be there on thursday!! I hope the team get a rousing reception when they step out onto the pitch for the last ever game at Christie park. 6-0 away defeat and everyone wants to sack the lot of em and not turn up to support?? Shame on you all. i remember witnessing the 9-0 home defeat by the mighty Bangor city.... i was there the next game.... COME ON YOU SHRIMPS!!!

well said Paul!!!
ockers

Postby marky » Mon May 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Most fans though are realistic enough to know we are seriously punching above our weight just being in the play-offs. If you get so miffed off everytime we have a (extremely!) poor result then perhaps Morecambe isn't the team for you

We're punching no further above our weight than the team that just stuffed us. That is what is so galling. I could give your argument credence if we were the only ex-non league side in this year's play-offs. I was, frankly, amazed we finished in a play-off place and even more amazed we ended up 4th. Nothing will change the fact that it has been a largely successful season and the players and management rightly take the plaudits for that. Generally, I don't get annoyed when we play below our best. Generally I see football for what it is, just a game. However, having got into a position to get ourselves to Wembley and possibly into league 1 (albeit a couple of years too early), the fact that we were annihilated and played so badly in the biggest game in the club's history is inexcusable. I've supported Morecambe for 18 years. I shall continue to do so. The fact that I was a fan when we were in the Northern Premier League doesn't, however, mean that I don't believe we should always strive for the best and believe that we are where we are because we deserve to be and that we should never rest on our laurels and just be happy with what we have.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon May 17, 2010 8:58 pm

marky wrote:I have to say I agree with pretty much everything Sgt. Major says. Everyone associated with the club has to rid themselves of the "Little Morecambe" attitude that somehow says it's alright to lose 6-0 in a play-off match because we did oh-so-well to get there in the first place. Indeed we did, but my we didn't half blow it. Now as I said elsewhere, I'm now not attending on Thursday. I'm not normally one for revealing personal stuff on a football forum but the reason for that is I can use the time I had taken off to complete several online-based tests for a job I'm applying for at work. A job which, if I was successful, would secure my future in the Jobcentre until 2014, rather than next January. I'm choosing to prioritise my future over a now meaningless kickaround. Sorry if that offends anyone.

I would not call it a meaningless kickaround but yeah I can see your point
heysham_mfc

Postby Posh » Mon May 17, 2010 9:14 pm

marky wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Most fans though are realistic enough to know we are seriously punching above our weight just being in the play-offs. If you get so miffed off everytime we have a (extremely!) poor result then perhaps Morecambe isn't the team for you

We're punching no further above our weight than the team that just stuffed us. That is what is so galling.

I rarely agree with you Marky but on this I'm with you. If we're punching above our weight then Daggers are above theirs too. And so are Accy, who with half our budget, beat us twice this season. We shouldn't expect to win but then again we should expect 100% from the players who wear a Morecambe shirt.

This summer I really hope we look around and find young hungry players keen to prove themselves. Daggers starting line up proved the benefit of that - Josh Scott, Hayes & Yeading / Scott Doe, Weymouth / Paul Benson, White Ensign / Danny Green, Bishop's Stortford etc.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 17, 2010 9:51 pm

marky wrote:I have to say I agree with pretty much everything Sgt. Major says. Everyone associated with the club has to rid themselves of the "Little Morecambe" attitude that somehow says it's alright to lose 6-0 in a play-off match because we did oh-so-well to get there in the first place. Indeed we did, but my we didn't half blow it. Now as I said elsewhere, I'm now not attending on Thursday. I'm not normally one for revealing personal stuff on a football forum but the reason for that is I can use the time I had taken off to complete several online-based tests for a job I'm applying for at work. A job which, if I was successful, would secure my future in the Jobcentre until 2014, rather than next January. I'm choosing to prioritise my future over a now meaningless kickaround. Sorry if that offends anyone.

I agree. the first thing that Ian Holloway did at Blackpool was to stop the players saying that survival was all they were aiming at and he hated the club being referred to as "little Blackpool"
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby bigreddog » Mon May 17, 2010 10:10 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Aspers, there are 42000 people living in and around morecambe, not half a million, 2.5 percent of that is around 1200, if you are calling lancaster and kendal, around morecambe, please note they have teams of their own :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are 69575 people on the electoral role in Morecambe and Lunesdale, so skerton right through the town and upto the rural areas. but we need to build steadily and success will bring more supporters, along with the work that football in the community do.

people have lots of competing pressures on their money, I'd love more to choose to spend some of it more often at the club, but we just need to build over the years. Thursday we get to say goodbye to a place that's been a special part of many of our lives, next season I hope many more people will join us and make their own special memories.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Keith » Mon May 17, 2010 10:18 pm

marky wrote:Now as I said elsewhere, I'm now not attending on Thursday. I'm not normally one for revealing personal stuff on a football forum but the reason for that is I can use the time I had taken off to complete several online-based tests for a job I'm applying for at work. A job which, if I was successful, would secure my future in the Jobcentre until 2014, rather than next January. I'm choosing to prioritise my future over a now meaningless kickaround. Sorry if that offends anyone.

No, that makes a great deal more sense than going to the match, even if we'd drawn 1-1 on Sunday! Good luck with them and securing the job. Football is an escape from the real world, not actually 'the real world'!

Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion