Gutted For You Lot

Gutted For You Lot

Postby MK Donny » Mon May 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Made the short trip (for me at least) down to Daggenham to cheer on your lads on Sunday. The mother-in-law (MFC ST Holder) couldn't make it, so I threw the family into the car and popped down from Milton Keynes to offer some support.

Sorry to say Morecambe got caught out by daggers playing silly bloody ping pong and not clearing the headers. When the ball was on the ground, daggenham had problems keeping the ball when challenged. Their number 9 Scott, was a lightweight and was getting pushed off the ball easily, even though he could step over the thing.

When your lads did defend they put up a good fight.

It's a long shot, but hell, who knows you might put seven past them on Thursday and get to Wembley. :)

Good luck for Thursday and who knows we might see you all down MK next season.

Cheers
MK Donny

Re: Gutted For You Lot

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 17, 2010 7:48 pm

oh please dont feel sorry for us :|

but just think it could have been worse i suppose it could have been 7 or 8 past us or getting a pasting at Wembeley in the Final
George Dawes

Postby Dagenhamfan » Mon May 17, 2010 7:50 pm

MK Donny wrote:Made the short trip (for me at least) down to Daggenham to cheer on your lads on Sunday. The mother-in-law (MFC ST Holder) couldn't make it, so I threw the family into the car and popped down from Milton Keynes to offer some support.

Sorry to say Morecambe got caught out by daggers playing silly bloody ping pong and not clearing the headers. When the ball was on the ground, daggenham had problems keeping the ball when challenged. Their number 9 Scott, was a lightweight and was getting pushed off the ball easily, even though he could step over the thing.

It's a long shot, but hell, who knows you might put seven past them on Thursday and get to Wembley. :)

Cheers

First off, thats DAGENHAM.
Secondly, i am not sure what game you were watching but ive not seen similar report to yours anywhere else at all.
Thirdly, i got to the end and realised it doesn't matter what you say either way, because you support a fake team anyway.
Dagenhamfan

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 17, 2010 7:52 pm

MK Donny wrote:Made the short trip (for me at least) down to Daggenham to cheer on your lads on Sunday. The mother-in-law (MFC ST Holder) couldn't make it, so I threw the family into the car and popped down from Milton Keynes to offer some support.

Cheers

Does everybody agree with me that when we play it on the deck we are magnificent?

Could do with 90 minutes of a repeat of the 5-0 Bournemouth home game.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby MK Donny » Mon May 17, 2010 7:53 pm

Felt sorry for Barry. One duff goal kick and he gets punished.

Moss seemed to do a lot of running but little else. Doesn't he like to tackle? ;)
MK Donny

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon May 17, 2010 7:55 pm

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps a 8-1 to us

;) :D :D
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby MK Donny » Mon May 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Cheers

Does everybody agree with me that when we play it on the deck we are magnificent?

Totally agree. You utterly ripped Bournemouth a new one.

It's difficult to play a crap hoofball team and any stray headers can be punished. I think that's partly why they opted to keep it up in the air, to stop you playing.

Oddly enough we were at the Bournemouth game as the mother-in-law had her birthday bash in the corporate and my son was a mascot.
MK Donny

Postby MK Donny » Mon May 17, 2010 7:58 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps a 8-1 to us

;) :D :D

I'll put a couple of quid on that! :)
MK Donny

Postby Dagenhamfan » Mon May 17, 2010 7:59 pm

"Crap hoofball team"

We have a way of playing, its direct, its how we play - we CAN play the ball on the floor, but the fact is we don't stray from our style, and the reason is that it seems to be working doesn't it?
Dagenhamfan

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 17, 2010 7:59 pm

CC am glad you brought this point up! now the thing is when you play a big 6ft odd center forward it makes it way way way to easy for all the players to knock long balls up and over to him, unlike Jevons who is more effective with the ball played to his feet

just like teams do with Peter Crouch when he's on the pitch hence Liverpool got rid of him and he's always been on the move from club to club all his career
Last edited by George Dawes on Mon May 17, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
George Dawes

Postby outsider » Mon May 17, 2010 8:01 pm

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO we would lose 5-6 and that would be heartbreaking ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby MK Donny » Mon May 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Dagenhamfan wrote:"Crap hoofball team"

We have a way of playing, its direct, its how we play - we CAN play the ball on the floor, but the fact is we don't stray from our style, and the reason is that it seems to be working doesn't it?

Hey if it works for you, keep doing it. It just isn't pretty to watch and can on occasion bite you in the arse with a good team in the air.

It will be interesting to see if that same tactic will work on Thursday if the wind gets up, because some of those balls were VERY high.

Forgot to ask, did you retrieve all the balls that went over the stand? ;)
MK Donny

Postby Dagenhamfan » Mon May 17, 2010 8:08 pm

MK Donny wrote:
Dagenhamfan wrote:"Crap hoofball team"

Hey if it works for you, keep doing it. It just isn't pretty to watch and can on occasion bite you in the arse with a good team in the air.

It will be interesting to see if that same tactic will work on Thursday if the wind gets up, because some of those balls were VERY high.

Forgot to ask, did you retrieve all the balls that went over the stand? ;)

They usually get retrieved yeah, probably we managed to lose the same amount as your club would have lost on an average game at Plough La.....oh wait a second, you wont remember those days would you?

So it isn't pretty, and lets see if the same tactic works on Thursday - probably a look at results a couple of weeks ago would tell you that it didnt then, and its unlikely to on Thursday, but we have a 6-0 lead to defend, and i'll be surprised if we dont have a trip to Wembley on our hands - we should have gone in about 4 down three weeks ago, but the fact is Morecambe managed one goal throughout the entire 90 minutes.
Dagenhamfan

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon May 17, 2010 8:10 pm

if the wind gets up.....

thats a good idea,thats do a synthetic methane wind :lol: :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby MK Donny » Mon May 17, 2010 8:13 pm

Dagenhamfan wrote:
They usually get retrieved yeah, probably we managed to lose the same amount as your club would have lost on an average game at Plough La.....oh wait a second, you wont remember those days would you?

So it isn't pretty, and lets see if the same tactic works on Thursday - probably a look at results a couple of weeks ago would tell you that it didnt then, and its unlikely to on Thursday, but we have a 6-0 lead to defend, and i'll be surprised if we dont have a trip to Wembley on our hands - we should have gone in about 4 down three weeks ago, but the fact is Morecambe managed one goal throughout the entire 90 minutes.

No, just Selhurst Park, the NHS and the shiny new place ;) :lol:
MK Donny

Postby Dagenhamfan » Mon May 17, 2010 8:18 pm

MK Donny wrote:
Dagenhamfan wrote:

Fair enough, i cant be bothered with you anyway, i came here to talk with Morecambe fans, i offered my help to anyone who wanted a bit of local knowledge, i was gracious in victory after the game - as most have been, and then i get some plastic MK Dons fan trying to be a Bobby BigBalls. Fair enough to you though, whatever makes you tick, eh?

Morecambe fans, i wish you well. Good luck for Thursday, i'm sure you will understand that i hope you dont manage to turn it round. Good luck for next season wherever each of us will find ourselves.
Dagenhamfan

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon May 17, 2010 8:22 pm

thanks and no pressure on us ;) ;)
shrimpnsave

Postby DaggerMike » Mon May 17, 2010 8:42 pm

MK Donny, what an absolute idiot you are!

Its the way we play, its who we are & most importantly its what works for us. Whilst i agree maybe Morecambe didnt play to their potential on Sunday we made it hard for them and won almost every header and had a real desire to win the second balls and the loose balls and never stopped running all game...THATS THE JOHN STILL WAY OF FOOTBALL!

BTW Josh Scott lightweight??? here's hoping he actually has a good game on Thursday.

Mike
DaggerMike

Postby MK Donny » Mon May 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Dagenhamfan wrote:
MK Donny wrote:
Dagenhamfan wrote:

Fair enough, i cant be bothered with you anyway, i came here to talk with Morecambe fans, i offered my help to anyone who wanted a bit of local knowledge, i was gracious in victory after the game - as most have been, and then i get some plastic MK Dons fan trying to be a Bobby BigBalls. Fair enough to you though, whatever makes you tick, eh?

Morecambe fans, i wish you well. Good luck for Thursday, i'm sure you will understand that i hope you dont manage to turn it round. Good luck for next season wherever each of us will find ourselves.

And fair play to you.

As for the BobbyBigBalls...couldn't be further from the truth. Supported the Dons through thin and thinner.

Likewise, the reason was to come on here and wish Morecambe all the best and all the members of my family that will be there Thursday evening the best of luck. It's a big ask but you never know.

Fingers crossed from 'darn sarf for Thursday.

And while I'm thinking about it...Does Crown/Transprints still have all that solvent reclaiming kit round the back of White Lund? You could rig up a light breeze with all that pipework and see what happens! ;)
MK Donny

Postby Keith » Mon May 17, 2010 8:51 pm

okay gents, it's fun watching for a while but the MK-Daggers love in is just becoming too much to bear!

(Is it 'too much to bare' or 'too much to bear'?)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon May 17, 2010 8:54 pm

Keith wrote:okay gents, it's fun watching for a while but the MK-Daggers love in is just becoming too much to bear!

I thought it was quite funny, MK-Daggers on svs having a go at each other :lol: :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby MK Donny » Mon May 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Keith wrote:okay gents, it's fun watching for a while but the MK-Daggers love in is just becoming too much to bear!

Depends on how cold it is. ;)

Joking aside with the aerial remark ;) If you play the game I've seen you play on the ground you could do some damage on Thursday. Six is a big number but who knows. Good luck for Thursday lads. :)
MK Donny

Postby shrimper » Mon May 17, 2010 10:36 pm

Thanks for all that, MK and we really, really enjoyed our trip down there a couple of seasons back (just watch Matty in his rubber ring on youtube).

But seriously, Daggers were excellent and I didn't notice Danny Green or Josh Scott hoofing too many balls in the air as they ripped our defence to shreds, to be honest.

We made them look a tad better than they should have appeared but no sour grapes. Beaten by the much, much better team on the day.

But that was Sunday.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Nyaaah-ha haaaa!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion