Proud...

Proud...

Postby Freez » Mon May 17, 2010 7:53 pm

of every single fan who took the time to get a ticket and make their way to Victoria Road yesterday.
The noise, the songs, the support, the humour, the refusal to ever give in, the sheer bloody minded collective spirit and the respect shown to the victors from young and old alike is something each and every one you should be proud of.

I have seen it before in times when you would least expect it. Daggers in the play offs 03, Hereford at Edgar Street in the play offs, Shrewsbury when they made the Conf Play offs at Crusty.

The young lads who have joined in as 12 yr olds and now are 17/18 and lead the singing could have been expected to be the sore loser/confrontational type, but no. They are true Morecambe fans, gutted at the result, like all of us, but stayed to applaud the Dagenham team.

These moments define your club and yourself. As people, we may all be shocked at the defeat but each and every one us can hold our heads high that we did all we could from the stands.

A lot of clubs fans (as mentioned on the news recently) need to study the phrase "Accept victory and defeat with the same grace", but there is something in the water at Christie which seems to filter through the stands.

We may have lost a football game yesterday, but yet again I was immensely proud to be a Morecambe fan because of all of you.

You should be too.

Thursday is a chance to regain some pride and say farewell to Christie.

If its half as noisy and supportive as that away end yesterday, it will be a fitting send off.

Bring it on!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Re: Proud...

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon May 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Spot on that Freez.

We can party when we win and we can take it on the chin when we lose. We are a superb club with fans to match and each and every one who was there yesterday should be proud of the support and attitude shown.

We are still moving forward with a lot to look forward too.

Up the Shrimps!

Oh and good luck to the Daggers at Wembley! We've come through the ranks together and for the time being you've picked up the baton and are taking it forward. But one things for sure, we won't be far behind you!
Last edited by Burnley Shrimp on Mon May 17, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby broadwayshrimp » Mon May 17, 2010 8:06 pm

Freez wrote:of every single fan who took the time to get a ticket and make their way to Victoria Road yesterday.
The noise, the songs, the support, the humour, the refusal to ever give in, the sheer bloody minded collective spirit and the respect shown to the victors from young and old alike is something each and every one you should be proud of.

I have seen it before in times when you would least expect it. Daggers in the play offs 03, Hereford at Edgar Street in the play offs, Shrewsbury when they made the Conf Play offs at Crusty.

The young lads who have joined in as 12 yr olds and now are 17/18 and lead the singing could have been expected to be the sore loser/confrontational type, but no. They are true Morecambe fans, gutted at the result, like all of us, but stayed to applaud the Dagenham team.

These moments define your club and yourself. As people, we may all be shocked at the defeat but each and every one us can hold our heads high that we did all we could from the stands.

A lot of clubs fans (as mentioned on the news recently) need to study the phrase "Accept victory and defeat with the same grace", but there is something in the water at Christie which seems to filter through the stands.

We may have lost a football game yesterday, but yet again I was immensely proud to be a Morecambe fan because of all of you.

You should be too.

If its half as noisy and supportive as that away end yesterday, it will be a fitting send off.

Bring it on!

Mr Freez you've just brought a lump to my throat. Sometimes you have to experience results like that to really appreciate the highs football can bring but it's the way you handle defeat and bitter disappointment that really counts. Well done the travelling support.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Dagenhamfan » Mon May 17, 2010 8:11 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:Oh and good luck to the Daggers at Wembley! We've come through the ranks together and for the time being you've picked up the baton and are taking it forward. But one things for sure, we won't be far behind you!

I, for one, hope that you aren't far behind (if at all we pull away from League Two). In any event, even if we do go up, we'll be back season after next. Clubs like us aren't meant to be there, are they?
Dagenhamfan

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon May 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Dagenhamfan wrote:
Burnley Shrimp wrote:Oh and good luck to the Daggers at Wembley! We've come through the ranks together and for the time being you've picked up the baton and are taking it forward. But one things for sure, we won't be far behind you!

I, for one, hope that you aren't far behind (if at all we pull away from League Two). In any event, even if we do go up, we'll be back season after next. Clubs like us aren't meant to be there, are they?

Probably not no, not for long anyway. However with the new stadium and infrastructure that is taking shape in NW Lancs I really wouldn't be surprised to see us get up there and maybe hang around a while. Not just yet though :(
Burnley Shrimp

Postby JamesGlen » Mon May 17, 2010 8:33 pm

Freez what a great post, put so well, we have a very very special club, lets celebrate it on thursday!!!
JamesGlen

Postby bigreddog » Mon May 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Freez, absolutely spot on mate. bruised but not broken.

I think this gentleman may have been talking about us:

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same
;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Posh » Mon May 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Freez wrote:of every single fan who took the time to get a ticket and make their way to Victoria Road yesterday.
The noise, the songs, the support, the humour, the refusal to ever give in, the sheer bloody minded collective spirit and the respect shown to the victors from young and old alike is something each and every one you should be proud of.which seems to filter through the stands......

As if written by Churchill himself!

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon May 17, 2010 8:55 pm

great post lets get behing the team on thursday and restore the pride :D
heysham_mfc

Postby Caged Lion » Mon May 17, 2010 9:53 pm

What a great post Freez. I might be an old codger now but I love to fill my lungs and let rip at the games. Having watched the Morecambe players give us so much this season it was perfectly acceptable to clap and cheer them off the pitch on Saturday. They were only losers on the day.

We couldn't wait to get to the car and hang our scarves out of the window. We were slaughtered on the pitch but were champions in the stands. Me and Mrs Lion were absolutely full of pride for the way everyone got behind the team. How can the club be losers with fans like that?
Caged Lion

Postby shrimper » Mon May 17, 2010 10:11 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm filling up - look!

Thing is as well, we can go on Thursday and just have a great laugh. It IS our last game - none of the nervous tension of the Aldershot game. Anything we get on the field is a bonus but off it, as people have said elsewhere, it's party time!!

I notice we're still slight favourites to win! Are they mad? Or ;) do they know something!

I detect a South East Asian betting coup scandal coming on, now where's that fiver?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby morecambe mick » Mon May 17, 2010 10:17 pm

The messages I have received from Rod Taylor on the last two away games has been "..fantastic support lads keep it up. Pass on our thanks to all. RT"

Proud to be a Morecambe supporter.

I received two texts from one "work colleage" today.....

"6-0 !!?"

My reply was a simple "Morecambe till I die".

He came back with.... "6-0!!!!!!"

"We'll win 7-0 on Thurs, and if we don't, well..... I'm Morecambe till I die!"

With all due respect to those that weren't there for those games, you haven't got a clue.
If you don't go on Thurs you still won't have a clue. (I ain't gonna explain it you either).

This is my church, this is where I heal my hurts.
morecambe mick

Postby Caged Lion » Mon May 17, 2010 10:19 pm

shrimper wrote::cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm filling up - look!

I hear you Shrimper...you must be bursting with pride :P
Caged Lion

Postby stoyles » Mon May 17, 2010 10:23 pm

morecambe mick wrote:The messages I have received from Rod Taylor on the last two away games has been "..fantastic support lads keep it up. Pass on our thanks to all. RT"

"6-0 !!?"

With all due respect to those that weren't there for those games, you haven't got a clue.
If you don't go on Thurs you still won't have a clue. (I ain't gonna explain it you either).

And the pain has gone, now lets PARTY
stoyles

Postby Posh » Mon May 17, 2010 10:44 pm

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:04 pm

YVery well said and this is all well and good BUT we have just got back and NO we didn't get a flat tyre! :lol:

We thought we would watch the full game again just to make sure it wasn't all a dream :(

Hope the players have watched it too!

Thankfully I logged on to SVs and found this thread. I can now go to bed with a smile on my face :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Mon May 17, 2010 11:07 pm

You should be too.

Bring it on!

oh, and you had to start a new thread for that eh? Couldn't just put it in one of the other threads? Bloody Christies Freezer...

:cry:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby maxamoo 1 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:09 pm

morecambe mick wrote:The messages I have received from Rod Taylor on the last two away games has been "..fantastic support lads keep it up. Pass on our thanks to all. RT"

"6-0 !!?"

i know exactly where your coming from ! i work in manchester with binkerd united fans ! enough said
maxamoo 1

Return to General Discussion