Ins And Outs Next Season

Ins And Outs Next Season

Postby lancaster shrimp » Mon May 17, 2010 1:09 pm

So who do you think will be in and out next season?

Out
Davies?
Fraser?
Taylor?
Poole?

In
Richard Brodie myabe?
not to sure who else, a centre half, and a pacey winger
lancaster shrimp

Re: Ins And Outs Next Season

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon May 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Taylor definately
Little Shrimp

Postby The Red Knight » Mon May 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Outs:
Roche
Artell
Curtis
McLachlan
Taylor
Poole
McStay
Winters
Jackson

Panther won't have his loan extended and Moss may go if we can get a taker for him / decide to cancel his contract

Ins:
Craney
Mullin
Jevons

Too difficult to say who else.
The Red Knight

Postby Opinionated » Mon May 17, 2010 3:35 pm

The Red Knight wrote:Outs:
Roche
Artell
Curtis
McLachlan
Taylor
Poole
McStay
Winters
Jackson

Panther won't have his loan extended and Moss may go if we can get a taker for him / decide to cancel his contract

Ins:
Craney
Mullin
Jevons

Have been impressed with Artell throughout the season. He also scores a few goals which is a bonus for a defender. I would rather see Bentley leave than Artell. After all it is the end of an era.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Preston Shrimp » Mon May 17, 2010 4:06 pm

Outs:
Davies, Hunter, Haining, Poole, Mcstay, McLachlan, Taylor, Drummond, Mullin, Winters

Keep:
Roche, Moss, Artell, Bentley, Stanley, Curtis, Wainwright, Duffy, Wilson, Parrish

Ins:
Jevons, Joe Anyinsah (released by Carlisle), Brian Barry-Murphy (released by Bury), Richard Brodie (York), Robbie Stockdale (Grimsby), Danny Groves (Darlington)
Preston Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 17, 2010 4:18 pm

I can't see anyone who has already signed a contract for next season leaving.

If Barry Roche leaves and that seems likely then Ben Smith has been released by Doncaster and looked ok when he covered for Barry's injury.

Outs:
A Taylor
F McLatchlan
H McStay
S Davies
M Twiss (already gone)
D Adams (already gone)

ins:
R Brodie
M Pugh
B Smith
I Craney
M Panther
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Posh » Mon May 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Opinionated wrote:
Roche
Artell
Curtis
McLachlan
Taylor
Poole
McStay
Winters
Jackson

Ins:
Craney
Mullin
Jevons

Have been impressed with Artell throughout the season. He also scores a few goals which is a bonus for a defender. I would rather see Bentley leave than Artell. After all it is the end of an era.

Behave yourself. One bad defeat and they all crawl out of the woodwork.

Arts has bagged a few this season with good headers from well delivered set pieces but so does Bents. One of the major reasons where we are as a club and where we got to this season is because of Jimbo who is a huge influence on and off the pitch. He's not going anywhere. Also because, as you well know, Mr One Post Ludicrous Name, he's on a contract.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimper » Mon May 17, 2010 4:32 pm

These are the ones I think will happen - not saying I want them to in all cases.

Outs:
Roche (I don't like the fact it's dragged on so long. Hope I'm wrong but fear I won't be.)
Haining - summat's going on there.
Curtis - love him to bits but we do need to move players out to get others in and he's not a regular first teamer. If we're bringing in new 'first-teamers' then current first-teamers will make up next season's bench.
Taylor - shame, but see above.
McLachlan - ditto
McStay - ditto
Poole - ditto
Winters - ditto

Ins
Mullin (already done I reckon)
Jevons - ditto
Panther - depending on if Manny wants to stay

* Paul Scott, Bury (linked with him in January, now released)

*Marc Pugh (maybe wishful thinking but I'd love to see him here, or a very similar type of player). We'll need to pay for him but may go through the 'tribunal' route if we can't agree a fee (if we're interested in him and I don't know that).

* A.N. Other midfielder who can carry the ball in midfield. Like Craney but I doubt he'll get fit enough to earn a contract.
* Another keeper (obviously only IF Bazza goes).
* A loanee forward with pace (someone like that Marcus Marshall who was on loan from Blackburn to Rotherham).

*Then, unless Sammy has a real trick up his sleeve, I think we may need to splash a bit of serious cash on another striker. Various of us have mentioned Brodie (York) and Tom Craddock (Luton) who would be good shouts but may cost us a bit.

If all that happens then other players like Drummy, Hunter, Arts, Moss etc will have to really put in a shift first half of the season to avoid Sammy looking for more ins and outs come January.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby outsider » Mon May 17, 2010 4:36 pm

I would like to see Clayton Donaldson
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby red shrimp » Mon May 17, 2010 4:41 pm

OUT.
DAVIS not gettin a sniff and never prob will!
HUNTER sorry but not good enough, light weight.
CURTIS again not good enough sorry to say
ROCHE. can see bigger team cumming in for him
DUFFY not good enough has the odd good game but not enough quality.
HAINING great start to season but slowly got worse and worse :roll:
DRUMMOND nearly 35 and past it in my opinion sorry drummy :roll:
INS.
PANTHER looks dodgy since big sol cambell challange, but will be back to his best soon. got faith.
JEVONS our top scorer this season and bags ov experience and quality (MUST KEEP)
CRANEY quality player good footballing brain and again a (MUST KEEP)
ANDREW BISHOP prob not going to happen but quality striker with pace which we need ;)DAVID PERKINS would love to see him back in a mfc shirt great little player with higher league experience, would be a great loan signing for the season
WAYNE BROWN iff we loose barry would be a great replacment experienced at this level
GREEN (DAGGERS) quality!! simple as that
C.BLACKBURN (SHOTS) was a big loss to us would love him back (IV SHOTS DONT GO UP) ;)
red shrimp

Postby Keith » Mon May 17, 2010 4:47 pm

shrimper wrote:* Another keeper (obviously only IF Bazza goes).

As mentioned elsewhere, Smith has been released by Doncaster. Looked pretty decent when he was here on loan earlier in the season. If Barry decides the grass is greener elsewhere, then he'd be a good target.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Opinionated » Mon May 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Posh wrote:
Opinionated wrote:
Roche
Artell
Curtis
McLachlan
Taylor
Poole
McStay
Winters
Jackson

Ins:
Craney
Mullin
Jevons

Behave yourself. One bad defeat and they all crawl out of the woodwork.

Arts has bagged a few this season with good headers from well delivered set pieces but so does Bents. One of the major reasons where we are as a club and where we got to this season is because of Jimbo who is a huge influence on and off the pitch. He's not going anywhere. Also because, as you well know, Mr One Post Ludicrous Name, he's on a contract.

Bit harsh, Undoubtedly Bentley has been the backbone of the team for many years but he hasn't had the same impact this season. For the record Artell has scored 7 goals to Bentley's 3. Don't get me wrong Bentley is a club legend and I dont want him to leave I just think his playing days at this level are numbered.

In addition, I have given the club, players, and staff my full support over the years even through the lows. I was still singing at 6-0 down yesterday despite the huge disappointment of the occasion. There have been various newbies to this forum in recent days who have infuriated me with overly critical comments. I presume these glory hunters didn't travel to Leigh RMI, Altrincham, Northwich etc. when we suffured humiliating defeats. Just to clarify I am not one of them.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Posh » Mon May 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Apologies. Perhaps it was the way you phrased it and in a first post that was very unfortunate.

Jim was injured for quite a long period this season, only played 26 league games and had no pre-season. He was also carrying an injury for several games such as Burton away (a separate point but several players brought back too early this season from injury IMHO). So I think it's an unfair comparison.

I also felt your post didn't recognise his importance as club captain and his work with the youngers players, in the community and managing the reserves. For that reason alone he should see out his contract and I hope that Jim will be around for a lot longer whether he plays or not.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby james456 » Mon May 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Realistically (ie no releasing contracted players or signing contracted players like Brodie which would cost us about 150k...)

Out -

Adams (already gone)
Twiss (already gone)
Curtis
Panther
McLachlan
Taylor
Poole
McStay
Jackson

In -

Sign Jevons.

New striker. Possibly from a conference club who is out of contract this summer. Must be strong, fast, generally athletic and under 30 years of age.

New winger. Left footed if possible with pace and strength. Pugh of Hereford looked good. He's fairly skillful but was strong and powerful on the ball.

New midfielder. Someone composed on the ball who can pick a good forward pass. Possibly Craney.

New Centre back. A youngish player who isn't slow and is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

New striker. To bring us up to 4 strikers, I'd bring in a young, unproven player or sign a lad from the academy if the talent is there.
james456

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Ins...players with Youth, Hunger, Skill and Pace.

:)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 17, 2010 7:17 pm

outs

Roche(i think he wants to leave)
Curtis(i would go if i was him just to get 1st team football)
McLachlan(two bad injury's hardly any football in 2yrs)
Taylor(cant jump his height to head a ball)
McStay(i rate him but SM dosnt)
Poole
Winters
Jackson

ins

Jevons = wants to play for us
Clayton Donaldson = Striker and scares shit out of defenders a right handfull
Steve Williams = center back stands at 6.4ft born in preston only local realy
Pugh = left midfield
Higinbotham = right midfield
Ian Craney = if he can prove his fitness
? = goalkeeper who's done the rounds

thats all..
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 17, 2010 7:47 pm

DawZi wrote:outs

Roche(i think he wants to leave)
Curtis(i would go if i was him just to get 1st team football)
McLachlan(two bad injury's hardly any football in 2yrs)
Taylor(cant jump his height to head a ball)
McStay(i rate him but SM dosnt)
Poole
Winters
Jackson

ins

Jevons = wants to play for us
Clayton Donaldson = Striker and scares shit out of defenders a right handfull
Steve Williams = center back stands at 6.4ft born in preston only local realy

Pugh = left midfield
Higinbotham = right midfield
Ian Craney = if he can prove his fitness
? = goalkeeper who's done the rounds

thats all..

Under either existing or new contracts with rival League 2 clubs....so large fees would be involved but would like Williams without doubt.

As for the others YES and include ex Bury Captain Butler

Goalkeeper (if unfortunately it came to it) Ben Smith but NO WAY Wayne Brown or for that matter ex Accy 'keeper Kenny Arthur. Brown couldn't even get in his present first team in the last quarter of the season!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon May 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Keith wrote:
shrimper wrote:* Another keeper (obviously only IF Bazza goes).

As mentioned elsewhere, Smith has been released by Doncaster. Looked pretty decent when he was here on loan earlier in the season. If Barry decides the grass is greener elsewhere, then he'd be a good target.

Yeah if Barry goes we should look at him as a possible replacement
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon May 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Does anybody know if theres anybody in the youth system coming though?
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Ntini » Tue May 18, 2010 11:39 am

Out -

Curtis - he's been amazing for us over the years, but I feel he isn't getting a chance and so should look to do a job for someone else while he still can.
Panther - he's got the potential to be a good player for us, but we already have Drummond and Stanley so I think it would be a waste of a contract that could be used elsewhere.
McLachlan - too many injuries which is unfortunate for someone who's been so good in the past for us and has always worked hard.
Taylor - hasn't shone in my book. If we were a l;eague lower, it may be a different story. Let him do a job for a conference side or maybe conference north.
McStay - a tidy player who's also been good, but doesn't seem to fit into Sammy's plans.
Jackson - we need to strengthen our first team, not the bench
Poole - ditto

In -

Jevons and Mullin already seem to have 'signed up' which is a good start.

I would like:

Marc Pugh (free) - might not be able to get him but worth a shot
Chris Shuker (free) - a more attainable player and one who would be a good addition to the first team
Paul Scott (free) / David Perkins (loan) - replacement for manny and fraser
David Raven (free) - experienced right back
Febian Brandy (free) - pacy little forward released by Man U. 21. Work your magic, Sammy!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby George Dawes » Tue May 18, 2010 11:57 am

Ntini wrote:Out -

Curtis - he's been amazing for us over the years, but I feel he isn't getting a chance and so should look to do a job for someone else while he still can.
Panther - he's got the potential to be a good player for us, but we already have Drummond and Stanley so I think it would be a waste of a contract that could be used elsewhere.
McLachlan - too many injuries which is unfortunate for someone who's been so good in the past for us and has always worked hard.
Taylor - hasn't shone in my book. If we were a l;eague lower, it may be a different story. Let him do a job for a conference side or maybe conference north.
McStay - a tidy player who's also been good, but doesn't seem to fit into Sammy's plans.
Jackson - we need to strengthen our first team, not the bench
Poole - ditto

In -

Jevons and Mullin already seem to have 'signed up' which is a good start.

I would like:

Marc Pugh (free) - might not be able to get him but worth a shot
Chris Shuker (free) - a more attainable player and one who would be a good addition to the first team
Paul Scott (free) / David Perkins (loan) - replacement for manny and fraser
David Raven (free) - experienced right back
Febian Brandy (free) - pacy little forward released by Man U. 21. Work your magic, Sammy!

i wouldn't argue with that lot and Fabian Brandy is a right speed demon and as been hit n miss on loans in L1 but would be better suited to develop is game with us in L2 and he only lives Manchester area
George Dawes

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Tue May 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Outs:
Davies
Bentley
Winters
Poole
McLachlan
Panther (dont renew)
Curtis
Mullin
Jevons (dont renew)
Personally I would have got rid of Wainwright, he has lost his pace, tirckery and crossing ability.

Keep:
Roche
McStay (deserves a chance)
Moss (done nothing wrong)
Drummond
Craney
Duffy
Taylor

Ins:
Back up goalie for roche
Quick defender to play with Will
Another winger (we only have Wainwright, Wilson and Duffy)
2 quick strikers
1 big striker
A more creative centre midfielder if Craney doesn't sign on.
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue May 18, 2010 12:40 pm

You can't actually be serious suggesting we get rid of Jevons who was got us just shy of 20 goals this season - but keep Aaron Taylor.

For what its worth, I pretty much agree with Shrimper. Its a shame about Barry, Id love him to stay. But if the figures being thrown around are correct as to how much his agent is looking for, forget it. Id be quite happy with that guy from Doncaster as a replacement too.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Ntini » Tue May 18, 2010 12:47 pm

MORECAMBE_RULE wrote:Outs:
Davies
Bentley
Winters
Poole
McLachlan
Panther (dont renew)
Curtis
Mullin
Jevons (dont renew)
Personally I would have got rid of Wainwright, he has lost his pace, tirckery and crossing ability.

Keep:
Roche
McStay (deserves a chance)
Moss (done nothing wrong)
Drummond
Craney
Duffy
Taylor

Ins:
Back up goalie for roche
Quick defender to play with Will
Another winger (we only have Wainwright, Wilson and Duffy)
2 quick strikers
1 big striker
A more creative centre midfielder if Craney doesn't sign on.

Surely we need to move forward as a club. If so, why would you keep players who have hardly played in the most successful season in our history, whilst getting rid of our top performers? If we did that we'd be back in the conference again!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Tue May 18, 2010 12:48 pm

Jevons offers little, he is slow and isn't a presence. Too often we have seen him forced out of games and this dry period he's having, shows we need a more consistent striker. Plus if you dont include penalties, he's actually only scored one more than mullin. Mullin isn't meant to be the goalscorer, he puts them on a plate for other people, whereas Jevons sole job is to score, and he hasn't done that well enough for me.

And as for Taylor, I like him, he has a knack for knowing where the goal is and he is only 19. He will grow physically and become a better player. He hasnt been given a chance this season and back when he played with Rene Howe, he looked really handy to have.
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Next

Return to General Discussion