Roche to stay after yesterday's shocker?

Roche to stay after yesterday's shocker?

Postby Wild Bill » Mon May 17, 2010 5:26 pm

With all the talk of Barry moving on to bigger and better things, could his rather shocking performance on the big stage yesterday scupper his chances of a big money move?

Don't get me wrong, Barry has been amazing and simply our season would have long since ended if it wasn't for some of his match winning saves etc; but he did seem to lose his nerve when it counted.

Anyway, come on Barry, sign-on for another year and lets see if we can go up to League 1 via a less emotional route, finishing in the top three! :D
Wild Bill

Re: Roche to stay after yesterday's shocker?

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 17, 2010 5:47 pm

Wild Bill wrote:With all the talk of Barry moving on to bigger and better things, could his rather shocking performance on the big stage yesterday scupper his chances of a big money move?

Don't get me wrong, Barry has been amazing and simply our season would have long since ended if it wasn't for some of his match winning saves etc; but he did seem to lose his nerve when it counted.

Anyway, come on Barry, sign-on for another year and lets see if we can go up to League 1 via a less emotional route, finishing in the top three! :D

For me the only mistake he made was with the goal kick.

The first goal was the result of him loosing his footing on an atrocious pitch. Most certainly not his fault.

The others as Sammy has said where due to schoolboy errors.

Barry has been tremendous this season and rightly voted PoY both from the fans and his fellow pros.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Roche to stay after yesterday's shocker?

Postby Number 1 » Mon May 17, 2010 7:13 pm

Don't think Baz had his best game yesterday, but that won't make people withdraw any contract offers. Just ask Sammy for one.
Number 1

Return to General Discussion