Stewards / Crowd Control.

Stewards / Crowd Control.

Postby BLS BOY » Mon May 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Just a short piece with respect mainly to those who were there yesterday.

Numerous Morecambe fans were ejected from the ground throughout most of the match yesterday.

May i ask for those fans to possibly explain there actions?

In fairness, i have no idea why the 7-8 lads were kicked out but it was clear that Dagenham police/stewards etc. had taken a harder line with the 500 or so MFC fans than the 4000 of there own...the Stella can incident springs to mind!

Any reasons at all anyone?
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Re: Stewards / Crowd Control.

Postby Bare Ben » Mon May 17, 2010 1:03 pm

See the well done thread for my reasons, but I don't think anybody has to explain anything to you personally. :roll:
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Mon May 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Bare Ben wrote:See the well done thread for my reasons, but I don't think anybody has to explain anything to you personally. :roll:

No need to be like that Benny boy.

It is another example of over policing at games in my opinion, they look for anything, one guy who is 17 years old was thrown out for abusive language, when there were 200 odd people singing the same song :lol:

I was told they just wanted a word with me, they did this to obviously get me out of the stand and then off i went.
Sammy h

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Mon May 17, 2010 5:28 pm

If there fans wernt in 'our' stand, then I'm sure half of the people who got thrown out wouldn't off been ejected. It was a disgrace. I'm sorry but the stewards didn't handle the situation well. They should of took into consideration that their fans were only 10- 15 metres away and our team were taking a beating but they didn't.
chrise27007mk2

Postby Opinionated » Mon May 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Putting both sets of fans in the same stand was risky to say the least. Its not as if the segregation was particulary effective. If there had been a substantial attempt by either set of fans to cause trouble then the stewards would have had little chance of restoring peace. The lack of stewards and temporary segreation was only considered because Morecambe aren't associated with trouble. However it was still a gamble which they shouldn't take again. I don't think the same arrangements would have been put in place if Aldershot had been the visitors.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Return to General Discussion