Can Derek Quinn ask the question?

Can Derek Quinn ask the question?

Postby Ned » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:20 pm

There are a lot of supporters who believe Craig Stanley should be one of the first choices in the team and are puzzled why he is constantly being overlooked as the manager appears to be trying every other combination that does not include Stanley.
One of the few people who has access to speak to the manager is Derek Quinn and I wonder if it is possible for Derek on behalf of supporters to make Sammy aware of the concern especially as the other midfield options are not working.
Ned

Re: Can Derek Quinn ask the question?

Postby bunny » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Well i hope he can love to see him back in the team!.
bunny

Postby Ego Tripping » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:40 pm

I must say I find it very interesting the Stanley is now the answer to all our problems (I do agree though that he should get another chance). For a long time he was the one who got all the stick from the fans (I'm sure Robert/ned was one of these!). At the southport away game in the promotion year I even had a huge argument with one of our 'fans' who slated his every touch! Whilst I totally agree none of the new signings seem up to stanners quality we need to give them time.
Ego Tripping

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:50 pm

WOULD A MIDFIELD OF WAINWRIGHT, DRUMMOND, STANLEY, CURTIS,
WITH TWISS OR OCARROLL PARTNERING HOWE UP FRONT APPEAL TO ANYBODY?

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITAL LETTERS, I HAVE A CAST ON.
PUNKISDEAD

Postby bunny » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:52 pm

That does not sound that bad!
bunny

Postby parceldave » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:10 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:WOULD A MIDFIELD OF WAINWRIGHT, DRUMMOND, STANLEY, CURTIS,
WITH TWISS OR OCARROLL PARTNERING HOWE UP FRONT APPEAL TO ANYBODY?

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITAL LETTERS, I HAVE A CAST ON.

It would probably appeal to most people apart from the bury his head in the sand Manager, who makes substitutions in the 88th minute. :shock: :shock: :shock:
parceldave

Postby Morecamber » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:29 pm

I'm sure Stanley was unable to play yesterday because they thought he had a broken foot in the reserves but it isn't that bad?
Morecamber

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:31 pm

Can Derek also ask Sammy if he knows of any other managers that take into account what the supporters think when they're picking them team? :roll:
campdave

Postby marky » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:47 pm

I don't think any do but the one of the roles of a journalist is to ask difficult questions. This isn't an attack, but Mr. Quinn is MFC's press officer so I'm not sure if he's the one to ask such questions. Personally, I believe the whole substitution issue to be the one most needy of some kind of explanation.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Number 1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:41 am

I agree with Ned on this one. Stanley was one of our most consistent performers last year and for that reason, I'd have thought, deserves to be in the team, bearing in mind his obvious worth to the side. Having said that you can't be having spats with the manager and expect to be in the team because Sammy will no tolerate a lack of discipline. It's a difficult call for the manager, because he can't be seen to be backing down, yet he also needs to think about the good of the team, as, ultimately, he will be judged on results.

Managers do have "Favourites" (or should that be non favourites in Stanley's case) but I just hope that the constant deselection of Stanley doesn't come back to haunt him and it end in him falling on his sword, because that would be a disaster. By the same token, if Stanley really wants to get back into the team, maybe he can swallow some of his own pride and between them, they can bury the hatchet. On last season's performances, I would certainly say we miss Stanley in the team.
Number 1

Postby Aspers » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:27 am

Quinny could you also ask Sammy to lend me a tenner.

Thanks mate. 8-)
Aspers

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:49 am

I think Negative Ned AKA Robert has hit the nail on the head with this one.

Over to you Quinny.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby i-love-mfc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:56 am

I think we should start a petition for Craig to get back in the team ;)
i-love-mfc

Postby Neil G » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:11 am

Don't think i've ever read such bollocks on here (apart from most of CC's posts) but the one thing you all have in common is that you are completely deluded in thinking you can do the managers job, you still obviously haven't worked out what being a supporter of this football club actually entails.
For the love of God we've had some of the best times of our lives under this manager, yet this season has only just begun and already the snipers are out and people are starting to agree with the idiot who starts these pot stirring threads whenever the team isn't winning. We are a small club in League 2 building for the future, why be so damning of those who are trying to make it happen ? It's beyond me :evil:
Neil G

Postby Mark S » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:27 am

Neil G wrote:Don't think i've ever read such bollocks on here (apart from most of CC's posts) but the one thing you all have in common is that you are completely deluded in thinking you can do the managers job, you still obviously haven't worked out what being a supporter of this football club actually entails.
For the love of God we've had some of the best times of our lives under this manager, yet this season has only just begun and already the snipers are out and people are starting to agree with the idiot who starts these pot stirring threads whenever the team isn't winning. We are a small club in League 2 building for the future, why be so damning of those who are trying to make it happen ? It's beyond me :evil:

Spot on Neil! Well said. Said exactly the same yesterday.
Mark S

Postby Shrimpsscene » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:36 am

Neil G wrote:Don't think i've ever read such bollocks on here (apart from most of CC's posts) but the one thing you all have in common is that you are completely deluded in thinking you can do the managers job, you still obviously haven't worked out what being a supporter of this football club actually entails.

perhaps we should have our own wailing wall Neil??
spot on with your comments

a wailing wall where people can vent their anger complaints criticisms on a separate board discussion called the wailing wall???
view at your leisure and rant/will/criticise

and we can all get on with some lively banter on the main forum
well done to richard for locking threads at the weekend

id like to think we can get back to having some fun
Shrimpsscene

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:51 am

Bollocks?

You'll be suprised but I actually agree with you....'about the best times of our lives' that is!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

..and as for Negative Ned.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Ego Tripping » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:55 am

Totally agree!

I was trying to say a similar thing above but with a bit more tact :lol:
Ego Tripping

Postby Joel Ninety » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:06 am

Agree and disagree. Yes Sammy has got us promoted and kept us in League 2 last year and led us on a great cup run. But as supporters, and therefore supposedly supporters of his decisions and the players he picks for the good of the club, are we to be blissfully happy if we lose every game this season and finish below Luton, Bournemouth and Rotherham? How about if he signed Osama Bin Laden and made him the new captain?

As supporters putting money and time into the club we are surely allowed an opinion on players on this unnofficial forum.

Also, after never playing Fraser is the conference for whatever reason, why has Sammy suddenly decided to play him again? Would he be playing if Craig Stanley wasn't?
Joel Ninety

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:06 am

Something I never expected to say...

I agree with Ned...

Ooh, I'm feeling all queasy!

I don't think it is unreasonable to now be asking some questions about Stanley. Is the situation now irretrievable? Or has he been told what he needs to do to work his way back in to the first team? Is he ever going to be in a position where he can come off the transfer list?

He was a consideration for my player of the year until the 'incident' that led to him being transfer listed. If he's never going to play again, then let us know and we can stop talking about his potential involvement. If he can be back in contention, then let us know that too. It's the 'not knowing' that will keep the subject alive.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:13 am

Joel Ninety wrote:Also, after never playing Fraser is the conference for whatever reason, why has Sammy suddenly decided to play him again? Would he be playing if Craig Stanley wasn't?

It may be because Fraser has knuckled down, accepted that when he was out of the side, substituted or asked to be on the bench etc, what he needed to do was play as well as he could in the reserves and work hard in training and take his chance again when it was offered.
Sammy obviously rates Stanners because he has picked him often enough, including in pre-season.

It's hard for anyone, including Sammy, to say anything definite about his future role because, if we read it right, it depends on a few things that he can't directly control - Stanners and him patching things up (which is a two-way thing), other players coming in or Stanners getting another club.

I think the close of the transfer window will be the watershed, one way or the other.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:35 pm

can you please ask Sammy if he will buy me a new set of wheels ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby sgt major » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:00 pm

Instead of asking Quinny to question Sammy why doesnt NegNed come along to a fans forum and ask the searching questions himself!
sgt major

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:06 pm

sgt major wrote:Instead of asking Quinny to question Sammy why doesnt NegNed come along to a fans forum and ask the searching questions himself!

Is there a fans forum in the near future ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:47 pm

i-love-mfc wrote:I think we should start a petition for Craig to get back in the team ;)

And Yates ,Howard, Drummond oh and Twissy of course ;) ;) ;)
parceldave

Next

Return to General Discussion