Well done the travellers

Well done the travellers

Postby Mike (D&R) » Mon May 17, 2010 9:41 am

As a closet Morecambe fan, following my trip up when we beat you in the Conference playoffs. it was a little bittersweet yesterday for me.

Quite why two clubs so far apart geographically seem so intertwined is a mystery, promoted to the conference together, promoted to the League together, twice paired in playoffs. Morecambe are the team that Dagenham & Redbridge have played most often in their history since 1992. 27 times and counting.

Anyway, I'd like to congratulate the fans that travelled for their efforts despite the thrashing, and for the gesture of staying on to applaud the Daggers at the end. That must have been painful, almost as painful as the great reaction to the celebrations at Christie Park after the Conference play off penalty shoot out were. I still have my Morecambe scarf, swapped on that occasion.

Good luck on Thursday, and strangely enough I hope you win the last game at Christie Park and see the place off in style. Just don't score too many goals though ;)

You guys are proper football fans, I hope your team don't let you down again.
Mike (D&R)

Re: Well done the travellers

Postby Keith » Mon May 17, 2010 10:22 am

Thanks Mike. I've ust been reading the thread on your forum:
http://daggers.ytfc.com/daggers.mpl?act ... read=29952

It's a shame that the media never bother with a 'good' story, one that's probably more relevant than Bob Crow being a bit leery at a football match?

Obviously I *REALLY* hope for a miracle on Thursday, but realistically, I hope we have a good game which we win, the team restore some pride and everyone is happy as we witness an end to nearly ninety years of football at Christie Park.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Well done the travellers

Postby darrenlock » Mon May 17, 2010 10:25 am

Yeah im going Morecambe 2-0 up at half time then dagenham get red card oh and bring that idiot form the union to christie park id love to scream at him , dagenham is a dump i know this yawn dagenham
darrenlock

Return to General Discussion