Thursday is PARTY TIME!

Thursday is PARTY TIME!

Postby Keith » Sun May 16, 2010 4:06 pm

Being one of those irritating people who can almost always see the positives, while today has almost entirely secured Second Division football next season, it is an excellent result as far as going in to Thursday is concerned. There is now no score what so ever that would cause us to leave Christie Park for the last time 'upset'. If we'd lost 2-0 today, we'd have gone in to the game with great expectation and then anything other than a trip to Wembley would have been a disappointment. As it is, if we lose to D&R, well, so what? We're already out so just enjoy the evening. If we beat them, well, we've regained some pride and we can leave home on a high note. Even if we were to score four or five, we'd feel that at least we gave it a good shot. Draw and the result is pretty irrelevant anyway.

A great opportunity to celebrate what has been an excellent season and say good bye to Christie Park in front of a packed crowd. No pressure, so let's attack from the off and try to remember to keep the ball on the deck!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Thursday is PARTY TIME!

Postby SPARKYM » Sun May 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Pathetic forget thursday they are a completly a letdown to all that have put faith and bought tickets for the game Pathetic
SPARKYM

Postby fletch_al » Sun May 16, 2010 5:34 pm

SPARKYM wrote:Pathetic forget thursday they are a completly a letdown to all that have put faith and bought tickets for the game Pathetic

dont come then. we dont want your negativity!
fletch_al

Postby djsi » Sun May 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Keith wrote:Being one of those irritating people who can almost always see the positives, while today has almost entirely secured Second Division football next season, it is an excellent result as far as going in to Thursday is concerned. There is now no score what so ever that would cause us to leave Christie Park for the last time 'upset'. If we'd lost 2-0 today, we'd have gone in to the game with great expectation and then anything other than a trip to Wembley would have been a disappointment. As it is, if we lose to D&R, well, so what? We're already out so just enjoy the evening. If we beat them, well, we've regained some pride and we can leave home on a high note. Even if we were to score four or five, we'd feel that at least we gave it a good shot. Draw and the result is pretty irrelevant anyway.

A great opportunity to celebrate what has been an excellent season and say good bye to Christie Park in front of a packed crowd. No pressure, so let's attack from the off and try to remember to keep the ball on the deck!

Yeah Keith we are still looking forward to Thursday. I'm sure it will be a good atmosphere, whatever the result. I think you'd agree the MFC fans at Daggers were a credit to Morecambe. They sang with reall gusto from start to finish. Hope for more of the same from the Morecambe faithful, when they rock Christie Park on Thursday Night.

Bring it On..

PS. Is Christie the Cat going into retirement after Thurs and be replaced by a Massive Globe outfit?
djsi

Postby Keith » Sun May 16, 2010 5:52 pm

djsi wrote:I think you'd agree the MFC fans at Daggers were a credit to Morecambe. They sang with reall gusto from start to finish. Hope for more of the same from the Morecambe faithful, when they rock Christie Park on Thursday Night.

Absolutely, they were fantastic through out. Even when 6-0 down, they were singing and making more noise than the Daggers fans. Top marks to every one of them, more of the same on Thursday!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby NeilG » Sun May 16, 2010 5:54 pm

SPARKYM wrote:Pathetic forget thursday they are a completly a letdown to all that have put faith and bought tickets for the game Pathetic

Yeah, sell your ticket and stay away you 7 post glory hunter and take your part time supporter attitude with you :x
NeilG

Postby Richard Head » Sun May 16, 2010 6:06 pm

So 4th place is pathetic? May i respecfully suggest [edit: No you can't!]
Richard Head

Postby mickey » Sun May 16, 2010 6:09 pm

So 4th place is pathetic? May i respecfully suggest you are...

i think im best off using my ticket for thursday as toilet role [edit]
mickey

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun May 16, 2010 6:11 pm

yeah lets go out in style! no point in saying well were not going to win if your going might as well go out on a high!
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun May 16, 2010 6:12 pm

be careful it doesnt scratch your arse :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Mike » Sun May 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Keith wrote:Being one of those irritating people who can almost always see the positives, while today has almost entirely secured Second Division football next season, it is an excellent result as far as going in to Thursday is concerned. There is now no score what so ever that would cause us to leave Christie Park for the last time 'upset'. If we'd lost 2-0 today, we'd have gone in to the game with great expectation and then anything other than a trip to Wembley would have been a disappointment. As it is, if we lose to D&R, well, so what? We're already out so just enjoy the evening. If we beat them, well, we've regained some pride and we can leave home on a high note. Even if we were to score four or five, we'd feel that at least we gave it a good shot. Draw and the result is pretty irrelevant anyway.

Good post.

Bad timing today for an off day, but hey it happens. Got to go all out on Thursday, the games not over yet, stranger things have happened. To all who can make it on Thursday, go out with a bang, have a party, a disco and send CP out on a high.

Enjoy.

Mike

P.S The support who went today were excellent, very loud on the box all the way through - respect
"He's got all the time in the world - no he's taken far too long"
Mike

Postby NeilG » Sun May 16, 2010 6:14 pm

mickey wrote:i think im best off using my ticket for thursday on my ass as toilet role

Put the ticket in your mouth mate, that's where [edit] ;)
NeilG

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun May 16, 2010 6:15 pm

yes very good support today although Jody didn't look best pleased!
outsung dagenham by far!
heysham_mfc

Postby Richard Head » Sun May 16, 2010 6:17 pm

I notice that you and some others joined Shrimpsvoices within a few days of each other in June 2008 and have amassed a massive 20 posts between you. I am sure you will both(?) be sadly missed on Thursday
Richard Head

Postby mickey » Sun May 16, 2010 6:18 pm

i post when i need to post and have something to [edit: be edited]

[Carry on with the swearing and personal attacks and you won't get the opportunity to post for much longer: Keith]
mickey

Postby fletch_al » Sun May 16, 2010 6:39 pm

please don't join in-Keith
fletch_al

Postby halftimeresults » Sun May 16, 2010 10:02 pm

Dont usually bite [edit: so don't this time either!]
Christie Park has been part off my life for 20 years and I am going to give it the send off it deserves.
halftimeresults

Postby Dagenhamfan » Sun May 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Keith wrote:
djsi wrote:making more noise than the Daggers fans.

I cant see how thats true - put your TV on and you can hear Dagenham fans. It seems you were loud (and to be fair, credit to you because for the record you were, you were very vocal - im not going to lie and i am NOT rubbing any salt in the wound) because you were sat with the Morecambe fans. Which i'd fully expect.
Dagenhamfan

Postby halftimeresults » Sun May 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Dagenhamfan wrote:
Keith wrote:
djsi wrote:making more noise than the Daggers fans.

I cant see how thats true - put your TV on and you can hear Dagenham fans. It seems you were loud (and to be fair, credit to you because for the record you were, you were very vocal - im not going to lie and i am NOT rubbing any salt in the wound) because you were sat with the Morecambe fans. Which i'd fully expect.

first of all can i say congratulations to your boys today, you were awesome today BUT PLEASE CAN YOU US WIN AT OUR LAST GAME AT CHRISTIE
halftimeresults

Postby parceldave » Sun May 16, 2010 10:25 pm

Ive got a spare ticket for the Paddock on Thursday if your interested :o Im sure you want to join in the party and say goodbye to Christie Park . ;) . And it might be your last chance to savour a Crusty Pie. :evil: :cry:
parceldave

Postby Aspers » Sun May 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Sette down girls or this thread will disappear into fairy land.
And we all know that is don't we?? 8-)
Aspers

Return to General Discussion