6-7, were going to win 6-7!

6-7, were going to win 6-7!

Postby Wild Bill » Sun May 16, 2010 3:08 pm

New chant for Thursday then! Lets just enjoy the occasion of the last ever game at Christie.

After today's performance any sort of a win will be welcome. Lets just hope everyone who has a ticket actually bothers to show up!
Wild Bill

Re: 6-7, were going to win 6-7!

Postby fletch_al » Sun May 16, 2010 3:11 pm

Wild Bill wrote:New chant for Thursday then! Lets just enjoy the occasion of the last ever game at Christie.

After today's performance any sort of a win will be welcome. Lets just hope everyone who has a ticket actually bothers to show up!

yes yes and yes! just get a win. it'll be somat to celebrate and we'll party anyway
fletch_al

Postby marky » Sun May 16, 2010 3:12 pm

I won't be. Say what you like about that but I really do have better things to be doing with the 2 days I have taken off work. If I was to guess I would say that most people probably will go now they've paid for a ticket but there will be quite a number who don't bother.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby bill ding » Sun May 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Wild Bill wrote:New chant for Thursday then! Lets just enjoy the occasion of the last ever game at Christie.

Mines a pint of whatever you have had please

Even if they didnt turn up we still couldnt score 7 !
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Wild Bill » Sun May 16, 2010 3:19 pm

marky wrote:I won't be. Say what you like about that but I really do have better things to be doing with the 2 days I have taken off work. If I was to guess I would say that most people probably will go now they've paid for a ticket but there will be quite a number who don't bother.

Think one or two are forgetting what its like to be a Morecambe fan. Don't let the football ruin your day out!

Yes Thursday will have the feel of end of season kick-a-bout for a mid-table team but it still is our last ever game at Christie.

The team over the last few years have raised the bar way beyond our expectations and deserve our support despite one very poor day at the office.

COME ON MORECAMBE, BRING ME SUNSHINE!
Wild Bill

Postby fletch_al » Sun May 16, 2010 3:21 pm

Wild Bill wrote:
marky wrote:I won't be. Say what you like about that but I really do have better things to be doing with the 2 days I have taken off work. If I was to guess I would say that most people probably will go now they've paid for a ticket but there will be quite a number who don't bother.

Think one or two are forgetting what its like to be a Morecambe fan. Don't let the football ruin your day out!

Yes Thursday will have the feel of end of season kick-a-bout for a mid-table team but it still is our last ever game at Christie.

The team over the last few years have raised the bar way beyond our expectations and deserve our support despite one very poor day at the office.

COME ON MORECAMBE, BRING ME SUNSHINE!

its almost like people expect morecambe to be successful :P :lol:
fletch_al

Postby marky » Sun May 16, 2010 3:25 pm

If I lived in Morecambe, I would go. As it is I live around a 4 hour train journey away and have many things I can use the time off to do. Question of priorities.
marky

Postby Wild Bill » Sun May 16, 2010 3:32 pm

marky wrote:If I lived in Morecambe, I would go. As it is I live around a 4 hour train journey away and have many things I can use the time off to do. Question of priorities.

Fair enough but still keep the faith. Even a few weeks ago people whould have laughed about the thought of us finishing 4th.

I think we were more than a bit lucky during the run-in and it seems today our luck ran-out. Barry's poor kick was undoubtly the turning point. :roll:
Wild Bill

Postby marky » Sun May 16, 2010 3:34 pm

I'll still be a Morecambe fan if we end up back in the Unibond. Doesn't mean I'm not incredibly annoyed and ashamed at the way we performed today.
marky

Postby The Fury » Sun May 16, 2010 3:44 pm

marky wrote:If I lived in Morecambe, I would go. As it is I live around a 4 hour train journey away and have many things I can use the time off to do. Question of priorities.

So low in your priorities you bought a ticket.

Without the bitter the sweet just aint as sweet.
The Fury

Postby Wigan Shrimp » Sun May 16, 2010 3:48 pm

I very rarely post on here and I`ll probably regret doing so this time, when I eventually calm down, but here goes....

Embarrassing!! Every single one of the players should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. What makes it worse is that it was shown live on TV!

It`s not easy being a Morecambe fan in Wigan and I`m sure many others around the country will feel the same. It`s hard work trying to convince premiership supporting mates and colleagues that we are a good team, a club that is going places, and it was hard work trying to convince them to watch the game today... I guess several of my mates agreed to watch because they knew how I was proud that my team was on TV, they knew how proud I was that we were in the play-offs, they knew how proud I was that we could be playing the likes of Sheff Wed and Southampton in just a few weeks time, they knew how proud I was of Morecambe FC!

But now I`m just embarrassed... the ‘comedy’ text messages and phone calls have started and now I wish I hadn`t been so proud, wish I had kept quiet, wish I hadn`t mentioned Morecambe FC to anyone, ever!

So a big thank you to Barry, Andy, Darren, Jim, Dave, Will, Stewart, Laurence, Mark, Gary, and Paul. Really struggling to complete that list, some of them were that innocuous I can`t actually remember if they were on the pitch or not, on the other hand some were that bad that I certainly remember that they were on the pitch, I just wish that they hadn`t been! Anyway....you`ve just ruined my week and thrown away any outside chance I had of getting mates and colleagues to take me and my team seriously... and more importantly, you have let yourselves down, let your manager now and most importantly of all you`ve let those poor souls who made the long trip down south down. Thank you very much, I hope you are proud!!!

Sing "we are going to win 6-7" and enjoy ourselves?? At the moment, I don`t even think I can be bothered going at all on Thursday, what an anti-climax it`s going to be! I think I`d rather remember Christie Park with the pride I felt after the Shots game, rather than having to watch 11 weak men who I now know are capable of capitulating in such an unbelievably embarrassing manner!

I know the usual suspects will say we over achieved, remember how far we`ve come, we`ve had a great season, remember how you felt after the Shots game, same group of players, etc... etc... All of which is true, but at the moment it doesn`t make me feel any better or change my opinion on today`s “performance”.

Well done to the Daggers, thoroughly deserved, although don`t get too carried away with the result, I reckon I`d have bagged a couple myself against Bentley, Artell and the rest of the statues today!

Ahhhh... that`s better ;)

Embarrassed of Wigan
Wigan Shrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Sun May 16, 2010 3:51 pm

I would not miss Thursday for the world. Lets create a real carnival atmosphere and get this chant going from the off! Afterall, how often have we seen a 5,000+ crowd at Christie?

The old ground's going out with a bang so lets give the Sky commentators something to talk about!

6-7, WE'RE GOING TO WIN, 6-7!! :D
Wild Bill

Postby fletch_al » Sun May 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Wigan Shrimp wrote:I very rarely post on here and I`ll probably regret doing so this time, when I eventually calm down, but here goes....

Embarrassing!! Every single one of the players should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. What makes it worse is that it was shown live on TV!

It`s not easy being a Morecambe fan in Wigan and I`m sure many others around the country will feel the same. It`s hard work trying to convince premiership supporting mates and colleagues that we are a good team, a club that is going places, and it was hard work trying to convince them to watch the game today... I guess several of my mates agreed to watch because they knew how I was proud that my team was on TV, they knew how proud I was that we were in the play-offs, they knew how proud I was that we could be playing the likes of Sheff Wed and Southampton in just a few weeks time, they knew how proud I was of Morecambe FC!

But now I`m just embarrassed... the ‘comedy’ text messages and phone calls have started and now I wish I hadn`t been so proud, wish I had kept quiet, wish I hadn`t mentioned Morecambe FC to anyone, ever!

So a big thank you to Barry, Andy, Darren, Jim, Dave, Will, Stewart, Laurence, Mark, Gary, and Paul. Really struggling to complete that list, some of them were that innocuous I can`t actually remember if they were on the pitch or not, on the other hand some were that bad that I certainly remember that they were on the pitch, I just wish that they hadn`t been! Anyway....you`ve just ruined my week and thrown away any outside chance I had of getting mates and colleagues to take me and my team seriously... and more importantly, you have let yourselves down, let your manager now and most importantly of all you`ve let those poor souls who made the long trip down south down. Thank you very much, I hope you are proud!!!

Sing "we are going to win 6-7" and enjoy ourselves?? At the moment, I don`t even think I can be bothered going at all on Thursday, what an anti-climax it`s going to be! I think I`d rather remember Christie Park with the pride I felt after the Shots game, rather than having to watch 11 weak men who I now know are capable of capitulating in such an unbelievably embarrassing manner!

I know the usual suspects will say we over achieved, remember how far we`ve come, we`ve had a great season, remember how you felt after the Shots game, same group of players, etc... etc... All of which is true, but at the moment it doesn`t make me feel any better or change my opinion on today`s “performance”.

Well done to the Daggers, thoroughly deserved, although don`t get too carried away with the result, I reckon I`d have bagged a couple myself against Bentley, Artell and the rest of the statues today!

Embarrassed of Wigan

thats quite a rant. maybe a bit harsh but i agree. im in Leeds and a i dragged a couple of mates down to watch the game in the pub and they said they wished they hadnt come.
fletch_al

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun May 16, 2010 4:01 pm

I will be there next Thurday and hopefully we will have come to terms with the defeat and go out on a win but at the moment can't say anything possitive so not saying anything at all :evil:
heysham_mfc

Postby Wild Bill » Sun May 16, 2010 4:03 pm

fletch_al wrote:
Wigan Shrimp wrote:I very rarely post on here and I`ll probably regret doing so this time, when I eventually calm down, but here goes....

Embarrassed of Wigan

thats quite a rant. maybe a bit harsh but i agree. im in Leeds and a i dragged a couple of mates down to watch the game in the pub and they said they wished they hadnt come.

Always the case. Kind of glad I didn't drag any of my part-time supporting mates along today. Still, the wife is definately in the part-time bracket and she is definately more miffed-off than me after watching that horror show! :oops:
Wild Bill

Postby Christie Top Cat » Sun May 16, 2010 4:06 pm

True fans take the rough with the smooth and least we should not take the attitude many seem to be taking,myself I feel for the lads and Sammy etc it seems (from someone who was there-not me) that alot put the lads heads down. Come on you lot they can't pull themselves together with all this we had a bad loss let's pull em to pieces!!!!!!!

COME ON THE SHRIMPS regain the fighting spirit
Christie Top Cat

Postby Wigan Shrimp » Sun May 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Christie Top Cat wrote:True fans take the rough with the smooth and least we should not take the attitude many seem to be taking,myself I feel for the lads and Sammy etc it seems (from someone who was there-not me) that alot put the lads heads down. Come on you lot they can't pull themselves together with all this we had a bad loss let's pull em to pieces!!!!!!!

I hope you`re not suggesting that I`m not a true fan? I don`t want to get into a competetion of I`ve supported for x years and have been to x games, to prove my worth, but I have followed Morecambe whilst living in Wigan for over 25 years, before the successful years, I have been been all over the country watching them... Dover, Frickley, Spennymore, Gainsborough, Denaby Utd, etc, etc, etc, etc... I am a true fan, a true fan that has NEVER felt so embarrassed by my team!
Wigan Shrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Sun May 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Wigan Shrimp wrote:
Christie Top Cat wrote:True fans take the rough with the smooth and least we should not take the attitude many seem to be taking,myself I feel for the lads and Sammy etc it seems (from someone who was there-not me) that alot put the lads heads down. Come on you lot they can't pull themselves together with all this we had a bad loss let's pull em to pieces!!!!!!!

I hope you`re not suggesting that I`m not a true fan? I don`t want to get into a competetion of I`ve supported for x years and have been to x games, to prove my worth, but I have followed Morecambe whilst living in Wigan for over 25 years, before the successful years, I have been been all over the country watching them... Dover, Frickley, Spennymore, Gainsborough, Denaby Utd, etc, etc, etc, etc... I am a true fan, a true fan that has NEVER felt so embarrassed by my team!

Today certainly was embarrassing, I can't ever remember seeing us lose by so many and on such a big stage. I kind of feel we underestimated Dagenham as they are one of the few teams in the league that we can honestly say we are bigger than. Lessons to be learnt I feel. :oops:
Wild Bill

Postby Keith » Sun May 16, 2010 4:59 pm

Wild Bill wrote:

To be fair, Marky is a Leeds fan :roll: I'll be travelling from 8am on Thursday, getting home 20 hours later, so I think I win the travelling game. It is our last ever game at Christie Park and I intend to be there, not because I expect to go to Wembley but because Morecambe is my team and I want to say good bye to a ground that has been a part of my life for longer than I can remember.

Wigan had a rant, I've been known to do that myself. It was embarrassing and it is good to get it out of your system. The fans who travelled were fantastic and were out-singing the Daggers fans even when we were 6-0 down. They will be there on Thursday, that's for sure, and they spent a long time travelling today too.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sun May 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Didn't realise it was a competition :roll: Also, Marky is a Morecambe fan first, Leeds fan second. I said goodbye to Christie last Saturday. Thursday was just a bonus. As there is nothing riding on it, I won't be going.
marky

Postby Christie Top Cat » Sun May 16, 2010 5:05 pm

Was not intended as an insinuation against your loyalty, obviously feeling wounded like the rest of us.Good to hear like myself and many others you follow the lads all over and have done a lifetime almost,just hurts when after such a big loss when some think they can manage play better if we had won a different story! Peace????
Christie Top Cat

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 16, 2010 5:22 pm

I doubt it will happen, BUT 3 goals for us in the first 20 minutes will give the Daggers food for thought. Remember when Rochdale scored 3 in the second half earlier this season. We thought that the game was over by H/T:?: :?: :?:

Just seen their 4 goal striker giving an interview on Sky Sports News. Confidence of already being nearly at Wembley like that could be dangerous!

It'll take a miracle but....... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby parkyboy » Sun May 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Any tickets going spare then from you leeds based fans as my application got lost in post
parkyboy

Postby er1cm0r3cambe » Sun May 16, 2010 5:36 pm

Never posted on here before, in fact i had to register to do so but felt i had to after reading some of the apalling comments on here...
Ok so today was a bad day, i watched most of it from behind the sofa, but feckin hell, some of you are going on like jim n co pissed on their shirts in an act of ultimate disloyalty.
Anyone who has watched em play this season will know we had no pace at the back, we were always gonna get found out at some point, just a shame it was today and on telly. What those same people also know is that we can beat any team in this league on our day so lets make that day thursday and hope that dagenham forget to turn up or someone hi-jacks their coach as they get off the motorway or some other miracle happens.
I'm predicting a 10 nil thrashing for those cocky essex bar stewards, lets ave it!
Bring Me Sunshine.....
er1cm0r3cambe

Postby mickey » Sun May 16, 2010 5:53 pm

its not the fact that we lost its how we lost..............no passion no commitment a complete waste of space .........couldnt even string 2 passes together ...............did we wanna go up? conspirecy theories me thinks ...........to put a display in like that makes you think
mickey

Next

Return to General Discussion