Globe Arena latest piccies

Globe Arena latest piccies

Postby Mike W. » Sat May 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Globe Arena latest photos are now on the new ground web site - the pitch (due to be seeded today Saturday) MUCH work fitting out all stands, roadway work, and very extensive work started on the outside pitch area to the north of the site - more gravel than you can THINK of, as the base for the pitches !

And a very short little first test for the pitch sprinkler system - it works and it is wet ! This makes it easier for the pitch company, because they can water the pitch regularly and with a lot less effort after it is seeded.

:arrow: :arrow: http://www.globearena.co.uk

Mike W.

Ian L.
Mike W.

Re: Globe Arena latest piccies

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 15, 2010 4:35 pm

As usual an excellent set of pics from the lens of Mike and his Assistant... :lol:

Pic 27 appears to show how little room there is for the away fans to que for drinks and to gain access to their loos!

I would have thought that there would have been a much larger area in which to congregate.

I hope that the finished Arena has a bit of colour in its structures rather than the grey that seems to be prominant throughout at the moment. The present North Stand at CP incorporates Red into its make up which certainly adds to its appearance.

Otherwise it's looking good!

No doubt Lingwood Security will have instructions on how to get rid of the pigeons when they assemble on mass for their feed from the pitch seed.

;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby scar » Sat May 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Christies Child wrote:No doubt Lingwood Security will have instructions on how to get rid of the pigeons when they assemble on mass for their feed from the pitch seed.

Or you could always stand in the middle and flap your arms about a bit CC ;)

Hows the new job going?

And great pictures as always Mike & Ian - cheers.
scar

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 15, 2010 6:44 pm

scar wrote:
Christies Child wrote:No doubt Lingwood Security will have instructions on how to get rid of the pigeons when they assemble on mass for their feed from the pitch seed.

Or you could always stand in the middle and flap your arms about a bit CC ;)

Hows the new job going?

And great pictures as always Mike & Ian - cheers.

Excellent thanks but after 9 months out, it's been a bit of a shock to participate in office banter during my product induction stint once again. ;)

Customers in the building trade are really something else. A lot warmer and down to earth than the Directors of companies I used to talk to that's for sure.

Thankfully my role wil require me to be out and about 90% of the time which is great as there is no way I could work in an office 100% of the time.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Sat May 15, 2010 6:49 pm

If SV's hasn't got you prepared for the office banter I don't know what will.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 15, 2010 7:00 pm

P/T Indie wrote:If SV's hasn't got you prepared for the office banter I don't know what will.

Very true....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Re: Globe Arena CC style

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat May 15, 2010 7:50 pm

Pic 27 appears to show how little room there is for the away fans to que for drinks and to gain access to their loos!

I would have thought that there would have been a much larger area in which to congregate.

I hope that the finished Arena has a bit of colour in its structures rather than the grey that seems to be prominant throughout at the moment. The present North Stand at CP incorporates Red into its make up which certainly adds to its appearance.

Otherwise it's looking good!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

glad you ended on on a positive note ;) :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Return to General Discussion