Club Shop

Club Shop

Postby Naylz » Sat May 15, 2010 3:41 pm

went down to the club shop this morning to get the 'early bird' season ticket for next season and the club shop was locked up. There was a sign on the door showing opening times (sat 9:30am - 1:30pm) :evil: :evil:

I went back just after 1pm and still closed and locked up!

Can anyone shed any light on why it was closed?

I work mon-fri 9-5:30pm, so saturdays are the only day i can get down to CP to buy my season ticket. i dont want to lose out on the early bird special.

Surely saturday mornings should be a peak time for normal 9-5 workers to get down there to purchase things.

Has anyone else had the same experience?
Naylz

Re: Club Shop

Postby MfcChris » Sat May 15, 2010 4:01 pm

You should know by now we are a tinpot club ;) :oops:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby mazatec » Sat May 15, 2010 5:13 pm

come back peter howard it was really well run, then.
mazatec

Postby mrg1309 » Sat May 15, 2010 5:18 pm

I'm pretty sure the club have always said that if the Shop is shut to go to the Commercial Office and someone will be happy to open it up for you.

Personally I think all the staff have worked extremely hard in the last couple of weeks and should be commended for that.
mrg1309

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat May 15, 2010 5:19 pm

mazatec wrote:come back peter howard it was really well run, then.

wow did you just say that on the forum, Peter Howard did a great job indeed, but IMO so is Mark Dixon in fact a very good job, this year has been a complete commercial success for which he deserves gratitude not slagging off, the whole commercial team have worked tirelessly this season and all deserve to be thanked...If you have concerns regarding opening times of the club contact them, don't jump your gun on the forum!!!

Thanks 8-)
thegentlegiant

Postby Naylz » Sat May 15, 2010 6:04 pm

I'm pretty sure the club have always said that if the Shop is shut to go to the Commercial Office and someone will be happy to open it up for you.

Maybe they should have had a notice on the door saying that then for people who may not have read/heard that notice from the club.
Naylz

Postby mrg1309 » Sat May 15, 2010 6:14 pm

I agree that could be an option if there isn't already a sign on the door, however...

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/clubshop/0,,10866,00.html

In the event that the Shop is locked between any of the hours above please go to the Club Reception or Commercial office where a member of the Club Staff will be happy to open the Shop and serve you.
mrg1309

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 15, 2010 6:18 pm

At times I think we forget that not everybody comes onto SVs...so a lot of the info from the club will not reach them.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby scar » Sat May 15, 2010 6:26 pm

I would imagine that most of the club's officials are now darn Sarf ready for tomorrows game.

Try again on Monday.
scar

Postby Mark S » Sat May 15, 2010 6:34 pm

Christies Child wrote:At times I think we forget that not everybody comes onto SVs...so a lot of the info from the club will not reach them.

I think at times we forget that Shrimpsvoices is not an official source of information. It is a fans message (and latterly gossip) board.

Any Morecambe FC official message on the internet should be sought on www.morecambefc.com
Mark S

Postby outsider » Sat May 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Mark S wrote:
I think at times we forget that Shrimpsvoices is not an official source of information. It is a fans message (and latterly gossip) board.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

You mean what I read on here isn't the truth :?:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Morecambe FC » Mon May 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Naylz wrote:went down to the club shop this morning to get the 'early bird' season ticket for next season and the club shop was locked up. There was a sign on the door showing opening times (sat 9:30am - 1:30pm) :evil: :evil:

I went back just after 1pm and still closed and locked up!

Can anyone shed any light on why it was closed?

I work mon-fri 9-5:30pm, so saturdays are the only day i can get down to CP to buy my season ticket. i dont want to lose out on the early bird special.

Surely saturday mornings should be a peak time for normal 9-5 workers to get down there to purchase things.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

I was personally down at the Club from 9am until 12.30pm and opened the shop on numerous occasions for people. All of the staff were having a well earned day off and if that wasn't properly communicated then I am sorry.

The shop is open from 9am -6pm Monday to thursday this week then 8.30am - 5pm on Friday.

We will also be open from 9am on Saturday morning, so everyone has plenty of opportunities to get anything they need including season tickets.

We vacate Christie Park as of Monday 24th, temporary office details will be posted on the OWS later this week.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby Keith » Mon May 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Christies Child wrote:At times I think we forget that not everybody comes onto SVs...so a lot of the info from the club will not reach them.

Now you're just being silly

Mark S wrote:

Any Morecambe FC official message on the internet should be sought on http://www.morecambefc.com

Now YOU'RE being silly!

outsider wrote:
You mean what I read on here isn't the truth :?:

Don't worry, they were just being silly, everything you read on Shrimpsvoices is always the truth. We're not called The Daily Sport of message boards without good reason you know? (Ah come on, you've got to admit, there are more tits on here than your average edition of the Daily Sport!)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion