F.A. Cup

F.A. Cup

Postby EDD » Fri May 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Though it seems to have slipped under the footballing radar these days, and most MFC fans have much bigger things on there mind at the moment, including me.

So will you be even watching it, and if so who's your preference, The Footballing Tsunami, that is "Chelsea", or the out for a day trip in the big city "Portsmouth"

To be honest I'm about as neutral as you could get on the match tommorow, though will watch it.

I think a certain Mr Freez will have a slight leaning towards, Chelsea but will he have a guilt pang knowing that Portsmouth where one called "The Shrimps". :)
MFC's Only

Morecambe FC / Bradford Park Avenue FC

Supporter
EDD

Re: F.A. Cup

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri May 14, 2010 7:09 pm

prob will watch is yes but with us in the play offs this season not too bothered about it to be honest
heysham_mfc

was just thinking the same on the way home

Postby Arnside Red » Fri May 14, 2010 7:17 pm

tonight, i had completly forgotten it was cup final day, hard to imagine in the 70's and early 80's the cup final was about the only live football you could watch, used to be an all day tv fest with its a cup final knock out, teams in their hotels, coach journeys to wembly etc,
i might not even watch it but hope Pompey win for the fans (not the club though who have deprived a lot of local organisations of cash by not paying fees and going bust)
Arnside Red

Re: was just thinking the same on the way home

Postby Plain Peter » Fri May 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Arnside Red wrote:i might not even watch it but hope Pompey win for the fans (not the club though who have deprived a lot of local organisations of cash by not paying fees and going bust)

Who is it that decides whether potential owners are fit for purpose?
Blame the Football League.
Portsmouth is a great club.
Plain Peter

Postby CASS » Fri May 14, 2010 8:03 pm

Play up Pompey for me at three ..love the way that they,the fans never loose touch with the fact that it's their club no matter what. They will even tell you that if you spell the name of their ground backwards it's "KRAP NOTT ARF" Good luck to them on Saturday.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... mouth.html
Ok so it's from the Mail...Live with it.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri May 14, 2010 8:30 pm

EDD wrote:Though it seems to have slipped under the footballing radar these days, and most MFC fans have much bigger things on there mind at the moment, including me.

So will you be even watching it, and if so who's your preference, The Footballing Tsunami, that is "Chelsea", or the out for a day trip in the big city "Portsmouth"

To be honest I'm about as neutral as you could get on the match tommorow, though will watch it.

I think a certain Mr Freez will have a slight leaning towards, Chelsea but will he have a guilt pang knowing that Portsmouth where one called "The Shrimps". :)

The silence is Deafening :lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby alwaysright » Fri May 14, 2010 9:00 pm

No interest really, but i will be watching our Final opponents at 5.30
alwaysright

Re: was just thinking the same on the way home

Postby P/T Indie » Fri May 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Arnside Red wrote:tonight, i had completly forgotten it was cup final day,
i might not even watch it but hope Pompey win for the fans (not the club though who have deprived a lot of local organisations of cash by not paying fees and going bust)

Same here forgot it was tomorrow and planned to do other stuff. In the past I would have never missed it.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Andy » Fri May 14, 2010 11:26 pm

I'm working (payday for Wembley me hopes ! lol) so won't watch it, Pompey for me, as was mentioned earlier "for the fans".
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby Plain Peter » Sat May 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Half time. I've turned the ITV commentary off, absolutely one-sided bollocking crap :evil: .
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Sat May 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Penalty to Pompy!

MISSED! :o :cry:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat May 15, 2010 3:27 pm

how is this game only 1-0?
heysham_mfc

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sat May 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Ross County 0 DundeeUtd 2 thats the interest in the over paid premos nowadays .It would be nice if Pompey could over come their problems and beat the moneybags that anyone can pretend to support .
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby Martin » Sat May 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Peter wrote:Half time. I've turned the ITV commentary off, absolutely one-sided bollocking crap :evil: .

Agreed. Will somebody tell Jim Beglin to just shut up!!

Best piece of commentry was in the first half when a Chelsea shot came off the bar and onto the line. Jim Beglin immediately said "that's in", cue replay and Beglin swore it was a goal. Clive Tyldesley then smugly said "how long did it take to confirm that - about 15 seconds". and then went into a tirade on the virtues of goal-line technology and how they'd shown it work in action! Cue second replay, side on that showed clearly the whole of the ball hadn't crossed the line, followed by a chomping noise as someone broke out the humble pie! :lol:
Martin

Postby alwaysright » Sat May 15, 2010 3:51 pm

These 2 muppets are the worst football commentators EVER, biased, never have a good word for the underdog and talk absolut bollocks.
alwaysright

Postby alwaysright » Sat May 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Even more than me ??????
alwaysright

Postby George Dawes » Sat May 15, 2010 3:58 pm

i use to like Ron Atkinson as a TV Pundit, but he ended up getting the sack from ITV
George Dawes

Postby alwaysright » Sat May 15, 2010 4:09 pm

Hm wasnt suprising that Big Ron got the sack really
alwaysright

Postby Plain Peter » Sat May 15, 2010 4:59 pm

alwaysright wrote:Hm wasnt suprising that Big Ron got the sack really

Got him a bit more than the sack.
It's followed him everywhere, and made his life pretty much hell.
He made a mistake, and no worse than the unelected ex-Prime Minister did really.
Anyway, ITV have got to sort out their commentary - absolutely awful :evil:
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Sun May 16, 2010 2:39 am

Peter wrote:
alwaysright wrote:Hm wasnt suprising that Big Ron got the sack really

Got him a bit more than the sack.

Well, it DESERVED to get him the sack, it was an appalling thing to say, and even more so, to be caught saying it.

Peter wrote:It's followed him everywhere, and made his life pretty much hell.

Agree entirely. People have forgotten that Ron Atkinson did more to promote black footballers than any other white man in English football. For our younger viewers, in the late 1970's WBA were a good team, who became the first in the top flight of English football to play three black players at the same time. This at a time when black footballers regularly had bananas thrown at them and 'monkey chants' whenever they touched the ball. Dreadfully, within the last thirty years, this was considered "acceptable behaviour" from "football fans", such racists wouldn't even be thrown out of the game.

Peter wrote:He made a mistake,

Yup, and he rightly lost his job... He's not the sort of person I'd want to invite to dinner but he didn't deserve what happened to him after that. Still, I'm sure he's got enough cash to keep him happy in bling.

Peter wrote:and no worse than the unelected ex-Prime Minister did really.

An unelected ex-Prime Minister??? REALLY??? Or are you making that bit up?

I'm guessing you aren't referring to The Duke of Wellington, who wasn't elected but still became 'prime-minister'? Gordon Brown of course, was an elected MP and was then 'selected' by his party to lead it and therefore became Prime Minister. As you lot over there don't have a 'Presidential' election, you don't actually 'elect' any Prime Minister (but I'm sure you knew that anyway!)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion