Tickets for Dagenham away - urgent for all travelling fans

Postby Posh » Fri May 14, 2010 1:35 pm

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: Tickets for Dagenham away - urgent for all travelling fans

Postby halftimeresults » Fri May 14, 2010 3:02 pm

This has been a complete shambles,
Just rung Mushy up at work. asked him if he had a ticket,
he said no and was going to pay on the day.

He had no idea about what has been going on.
halftimeresults

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri May 14, 2010 3:18 pm

halftimeresults wrote:This has been a complete shambles,
Just rung Mushy up at work. asked him if he had a ticket,
he said no and was going to pay on the day.

He had no idea about what has been going on.

Anyone without internet access will be the same :( I'm starting to think we'd of easily filled 1000 or so tickets.
Crooky MFC

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri May 14, 2010 3:57 pm

If there are not enough seats and people turn up without tickets don't Dagenham have to accomodate them somewhere in the ground because we were given 1,200 tickets. For a game as big as this it should always have been make all ticket Dagenham send tickets to us we sell x amount of ticket any unsold tickets could then been made available for home supporters of needed in the away end simples.
heysham_mfc

Postby Andy » Fri May 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Now I don't want to confuse matters here BUT.......... I rang the daggers ticket office at about 4:50 pm about a query on one of my tickets and... to cut a longish story short, I was "reliably" informed by the nice chappie in the ticket office that there will be plenty of room on sunday for people to pay at the gate !!!!!!!!!!!! Confused or what ? :o
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby Bare Ben » Fri May 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Sounds to me like Dagenham are conning us into pre-ordering tickets so they make a load on the booking fees. I have a lot of affection for Dagenham but this has been nothing short of a farce, they have treated us like shite. No communication whatsoever, Morecambe fans now panic buying and they are laughing all the way to the bank. There would have been no problem paying on the day but they've slashed our allocation with no reasonable explanation at all, and it's sent everyone into confusion & worry about travelling all that way for naff all. I really hope we do the same to them, tell them they can only have half the Umbro, then act like we don't have a clue whether or not we'll be able to provide for them. Complete and utter disgrace, it just shows that making the step up to the league on the pitch doesn't necessarily mean the same for off it. Would have been happy bringing a draw back home, now I hope we wipe the floor with them. I think Dagenham would achieve greater customer satisfaction selling tickets to see Michael Jackson. ****s.

FRIENDSHIP OVER :evil:
Bare Ben

Postby outsider » Fri May 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Pre paid for tickets are 2 pounds cheeper than the pay on the day price was, so they are not making extra money, in fact they are loosing money my 4 tickets worked out six-fifty cheeper than paying on the day. ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Mark S » Fri May 14, 2010 6:54 pm

outsider wrote:Pre paid for tickets are 2 pounds cheaper than the pay on the day price was, so they are not making extra money, in fact they are loosing money my 4 tickets worked out six-fifty cheeper than paying on the day. ;)

Just what I was thinking for the three I bought. £4.50 saved. 8-)

If Ben's conspiricy theory is true then I hope they score an own goal of the same magnitude on the pitch! :lol:
Mark S

Postby Dagenhamfan » Fri May 14, 2010 11:37 pm

Bare Ben wrote:FRIENDSHIP OVER :evil:

Don't be like that!
The majority of people i have spoken to down here completely agree with you guys.

And for the record - you HAVE done the same to us. Our panic buying begins on Monday.
Dagenhamfan

Postby Andy » Fri May 14, 2010 11:48 pm

And for the record - you HAVE done the same to us. Our panic buying begins on Monday.

maybe so !, but it could have been sorted so much better than the way they have, and thats not a dig at you Dagenhamfan, you appear to me as a genuine person who means what he says.
Andy
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby Dagenhamfan » Fri May 14, 2010 11:52 pm

TBH its pathetic, i dont see why they couldnt have done what they did in the Brentford game last season and given you a quarter of the Sieve too, closest to the away end, open the gates between the stands and let terrace ticket holders enter the ground via the away turnstiles and walk through to the terracing. Its bizarre. Maybe thats what they'll end up doing if it comes to it and you bring more than they clearly expect. And it'd serve them right.

Should have been all ticket.
Dagenhamfan

Postby halftimeresults » Fri May 14, 2010 11:52 pm

Dagenhamfan wrote:

Don't be like that!
The majority of people i have spoken to down here completely agree with you guys.

but you still have your same allocation of tickets
unlike us
halftimeresults

Postby Dagenhamfan » Fri May 14, 2010 11:57 pm

halftimeresults wrote:
Dagenhamfan wrote:

Don't be like that!

unlike us

But is it going to remain that way? Who knows?
Ive started to hear a few things going round about ticket allocation being less, just nothing concrete.
Dagenhamfan

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat May 15, 2010 8:36 am

310 available for away fans, we have already sold 461 seats of our allocation, today between 11am-3pm is the las chance to pre-order!!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby Duffman » Sat May 15, 2010 9:12 am

Dagenhamfan wrote:
halftimeresults wrote:
Dagenhamfan wrote:Don't be like that!

unlike us

But is it going to remain that way? Who knows?
Ive started to hear a few things going round about ticket allocation being less, just nothing concrete.

You'll have the entire stand behind the goal (the former Umbro Stand) as there is no chance this could be segregated. So you're allocation will not change, I fail to see how we have done the same.
Duffman

Postby Keith » Sat May 15, 2010 9:45 am

Dagenhamfan wrote:

Don't be like that!

I can understand the sour taste that some people are experiencing but I don't buy the conspiracy theory. For starters, a conspiracy theory involves a lot of thought and planning. I think this is pure and simple incompetence! But the fact that the people who decide the allocation are incompetent shouldn't impact upon our mutual respect as fans. Also 'doing the same' will simply distress their fans who are like us, the person who decided upon this farce won't be affected. I'm sure Ben's message was written in the heat of the moment and despite this cock-up, everyone who travels will have a great day... as long as they get in!

In the event that anyone can't get in, they should bill D&R for their travel costs!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby halftimeresults » Sat May 15, 2010 9:54 am

Keith wrote:
Dagenhamfan wrote:

Don't be like that!

I can understand the sour taste that some people are experiencing but I don't buy the conspiracy theory. For starters, a conspiracy theory involves a lot of thought and planning. I think this is pure and simple incompetence! But the fact that the people who decide the allocation are incompetent shouldn't impact upon our mutual respect as fans. Also 'doing the same' will simply distress their fans who are like us, the person who decided upon this farce won't be affected. I'm sure Ben's message was written in the heat of the moment and despite this cock-up, everyone who travels will have a great day... as long as they get in!

In the event that anyone can't get in, they should bill D&R for their travel costs!

Do you really think that Dag and Red would pay the costs of every Morecambe fan that does not get in?
halftimeresults

Postby Plain Peter » Sat May 15, 2010 10:06 am

halftimeresults wrote:Do you really think that Dag and Red would pay the costs of every Morecambe fan that does not get in?

Only if you travelled ;)
Only if you register your complaint to the appropriate competent official on the day.
Only if you can prove necessary out of pocket expenditure.
You might have a chance then.
You could also ask if you could watch the match on the big screen in their clubhouse and have a free bar!
Plain Peter

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat May 15, 2010 10:09 am

If we do take more than 771 (which seems just about enough in my estimation) then they will surely just move the netting or whatever's being used for segregation to free up some more seats. A segregation area covering 200 seats seems a lot (it's not exactly Leeds v Millwall is it) so there will be some flexibility built into that. Surely?

If you look at the main stand seats at Morecambe there doesn't seem to be any segregation between the fans at all and I've never noticed any problems. TBH of the Daggers fans I've met I'd quite happily sit shoulder to shoulder with them so I can't see any major issues. They'll get us all in.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat May 15, 2010 10:23 am

halftimeresults wrote:Do you really think that Dag and Red would pay the costs of every Morecambe fan that does not get in?

How many are you expecting won't get in? I actually think everyone will get in although there may be some squeaky bums if you arrive twenty minutes before the game wanting to pay on the day! If people don't get in, I doubt if there would be more than twenty at the very most. Most people will have got the message by now and either have bought a ticket or will decide not to risk it and cancel plans to go. But if I'd spent £30 travelling for four hours, only to be told that my ticket had been sold to a home fan, and I had to watch the game in a local pub, then yes, I'd expect them to pay because they'd 'moved the goalposts' by advertising something then not selling the full allocation.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bare Ben » Sat May 15, 2010 10:39 am

Keith wrote:
Dagenhamfan wrote:

Don't be like that!

I guess I was a bit hasty. However badly the club treat us, I'll always like Dagenham fans. I was just so annoyed at the whole situation. :P
Bare Ben

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat May 15, 2010 11:18 am

well thanks to a mate who transferred some money into my account i have just booked my ticket, the said they will process the payment later, hope there are no probs :lol:

See everyone 6am sharp :D
thegentlegiant

Postby The Red Knight » Sat May 15, 2010 11:30 am

http://daggers.ytfc.com/daggers.mpl?id=155608

Interesting, seems like people involved at the club vastly underestimated the interest from Morecambe fans for this.
The Red Knight

Postby Keith » Sat May 15, 2010 11:56 am

The Red Knight wrote:http://daggers.ytfc.com/daggers.mpl?id=155608

Interesting, seems like people involved at the club vastly underestimated the interest from Morecambe fans for this.

Having popped over the Club this morning to get my tickets I now understand the whole shenanigans of the problems.

Last Sunday Dagenham discussed the game with Morecambe FC. Morecambe asked Dagenham for 400 tickets for their supporters - yes that’s correct 400 and that figure was backed up by their local Police liaison. Dagenham asked Morecambe for a similar number for the game at Christie Park. Dagenham then offered to send all 400 tickets in the afternoon by courier.

Morecambe informed Dagenham that they would not be sending any tickets down for the second leg in advance and did not want to sell any tickets for the game at Dagenham. They also told Dagenham that they would not be getting any seats at Morecambe. Their idea on the day would be someone fro the supporters club as well as our local police liaison spotting Dagenham fans at the turnstiles and challenging any not recognised.

With League sponsors like Coca Cola, Umbro and Thomas Cook all having to be given up to 50 seat tickets each as part of the Football League agreements with them, Dagenham found themselves really short in the number of seat tickets to sell to home supporters after season ticket holders had been allotted.

They applied to the local Safety Group to sell some of the seats in the new stand. After consultations by the Safety Group with Morecambe FC, the Police and other interested parties it was agreed on Wednesday that Dagenham could sell seats to their own supporters in the new stand so long as Morecambe’s required allocation of 400 was not affected. Dagenham themselves decided to allocate double that number to Morecambe to be safe. At no time did Dagenham offer Morecambe the whole 1200 tickets.

With the uproar on the forums on Thursday Dagenham contacted Morecambe and wanted them to announce publicly what they had asked for and what Dagenham were delivering. They also demanded through the authorities in the Football League that tickets for each away leg were now a necessity for fans given the comments on the forums. Morecambe finally relinquished their stance on Friday morning, five days after Dagenham’s initial request and agreed to bring the tickets on Sunday. They also agreed to publicise the tickets in advance from Dagenham for their supporters.

Thank you to the person in the club house who explained it all to me. Whilst I was in agreement with most on this forum about the state of the tickets, I now appreciate just what the staff at Dagenham have gone through with trying to deal with people who just didn’t understand the logistics.

It's an "I was told this in the pub by someone..." but it does put a different slant upon how and why this happened. Still a poorly communicated cock-up.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby steve mfc » Sat May 15, 2010 12:30 pm

The Red Knight wrote:http://daggers.ytfc.com/daggers.mpl?id=155608

As its on a fans forum and not a official statement from Dagenham football club then it has to be viewed with a degree of caution, i cant see our club making a statement to contradict a post on a fans forum so i don't think we will get to know exactly what has transpired.

Personally i would be surprised if we only asked for 400 tickets for a game of this magnitude.
steve mfc

Next

Return to General Discussion