Ramblings of a Down Under Match review ( Morecambe World)

Ramblings of a Down Under Match review ( Morecambe World)

Postby Aspers » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:41 pm

(Pre-match ramble)
After the dreary tones and match last week against Rothers, I was anticipating an upbeat commentary and better effort on our part against Bury.
As a child I had a cousen who lived in Heywood and I visited Gigg Lane a few times in the 60's wonder if its changed much?.
(Setting the scene)
A cold day here in Sydney droned into a wet and even colder night. Mrs Aspers and the Asplets had gone out of town for a dance comp so I had the whole night to myself. Watched a bit if TV, Central Coast V Sydney McFlynn doing good for Sydney. popped down to Bondi beach for a Chicken Ceasar Salad and Chai Latte.
Got home, settled down, logged on to Morecambe World switched on Fox sports 1.
Here in Oz (I have previously mentioned) we have about 10 matches to watch and choose from I chose Pool v Boro but the picture never came on, Morecambe world also didn't come on,
wondering what to do, the picture came in from Anfield and My compooter started with Morecambe World commentary at the same time.
(Match & Commentary review)
The 2 lads doing the commentary were very funny, Checking back on SV i noticed shrimpscene had said he and a few of our lads were just behind the commentary team, I heard them intermittently during the match, nice 1 lads. The commentary was so biased I wasn't even aware we had scored for about 20 seconds after we had. Didn't know where the goal came from. Much better thinks I topped up my glass and life was looking good.
Within 5 minutes life took a slight downturn and 10 minutes later catastrophe.
2 soft goals, 2 idiots on my computer screaming how brilliant Bury were and they'd be in the premiere soon (That made me chuckle).
I was imagining the frustration of our supporters, early days yet but on the commentary the lads were saying we didn't look good.
So marks out of 10
Morecambe 4
Bury commentators 8
Sydney weather 1

Early days and I have great faith in our management team and players at CP, I would request you win matches before daylight saving in 6 weeks because I find it too hard at my age to stay up till 2.00am.

Yours in slight frustration but optimistically looking forward to League 1 next season.
Aspers

Re: Ramblings of a Down Under Match review ( Morecambe World)

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:44 am

Top post Wayne
Gordon and his mate on shakers world obviously biased and yes they are funny
you only have to check out gordon sorfleet's facebook page to see that
hes their pressofficer and webmaster and also edits their programe so he is mr bury!!!
they made me chuckle twice at chrsistie park with their commentaries in the jpt and league games

hopefully we will have something sorted soon for ourselves
we werent as bad a team as some would like you to think
our goal was well worked and wayne went close and in second half blinks should have headed home our deserved equaliser but lets hope we get three against dagenham
yesterday was ten times better than the week before

weather here is warm and wet just had another shower in morecambe

cheers sean
Shrimpsscene

Postby Aspers » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:09 am

Thanks Sean,
Are we getting a Shrimps sound???.
Love to hear your dulcit tones and Midds over the ether.
Mark spinning the discs (showing my age there)

Look forward to next week.
Progs online??.

W.
Aspers

Postby Gordon (Bury FC) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:45 pm

Aspers

Many thanks re the comments on our commentary

We do try to provide a running commentary, but inject a bit of humour in there

After speaking to Derek and Sean at the game yesterday, I understand that they do have one or two issues with the commentary via the world site.

But once they get them all ironed out, it will most definetly be worth it.

Glad you enjoyed the game from down under, but your not our furthest away listener - we have a few down in New Zealand - for the exile supporter, World is the dogs nads....

SOme clubs provide commentary that is not worth listening to, one club just connects and has a crowd noise coming through the system - no commentary.....

Once they have these issues sorted, beleive me, it will be worth the wait
Gordon (Bury FC)

Postby Aspers » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:21 pm

Cheers Gordon.
I loved the bit when you said in 2001(I think) Bury were the 23rd best team in the land.

The interactive league table stuff was very fuuny.
Top work mate
Aspers

Postby parceldave » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:43 pm

Aspers wrote:Cheers Gordon.
I loved the bit when you said in 2001(I think) Bury were the 23rd best team in the land.

The interactive league table stuff was very fuuny.
Top work mate

Hey Mr Aspers i think the girlfriend and i are coming to visit your little village in January if i can afford it 8-) . Have you got any decent beer down there or do i have to bring my own . :D :D :D
parceldave

Postby Aspers » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:10 am

I might be in your village in January.
If not no the beer is crap.
I'll gladly buy you a schooner at Fox Studios,
Maybe we can have 1 with Rusty or Nic.
Aspers

Postby buryfc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:10 pm

For those of you who are members of Morecambe World, you can watch 27 minutes of highlights of the game on Shakers world, just incase you didn't know. :)

http://www.buryfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ ... 65,00.html
buryfc

Return to General Discussion