Interesting Attendance Figure

Interesting Attendance Figure

Postby Morecambe Player » Fri May 14, 2010 8:43 am

In 1995, when they were in what is now League 2, Wigan Athletic's average attendance was 1,841.

Dare to dream?
Morecambe Player

Re: Interesting Attendance Figure

Postby shrimpinho » Fri May 14, 2010 4:30 pm

I have always used wigan athletic as an example for small clubs to aspire to. yes of course you need to financing, but like mentioned here an average of 1800 fans and look where they are geographically, near manchester and liverpool and a rugby league town.

obviously not getting carried away ;) but with the right board and manager, anything can happen. personally I think we have both right now. Premier League in 5 years? :lol:
shrimpinho

Postby wonder shrimp » Fri May 14, 2010 4:34 pm

is the globe arena upto premierleague standards? somehow i doubt it.

typical short sightedness of the board of diretors IMHO.

how long before we will need to move to a bigger stadium!? ;)
wonder shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Fri May 14, 2010 5:32 pm

wonder shrimp wrote:is the globe arena upto premierleague standards? somehow i doubt it.

typical short sightedness of the board of diretors IMHO.

how long before we will need to move to a bigger stadium!? ;)

Awesome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri May 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Easy....stay at the Globe and do what Man U did, build tier upon tier upwards, thereby increasing the capacity 8-)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Yeah they've built the globe arena in the way they have so they can add a tier to any of the stands if required. They did the the same with coventrys Ricoh Arena... But that havnt exactly excelled so they havnt built that extra tier! Also I'm sure the supporters who were at shrewsbury would of noticed that their ground was also built in this 'style'.
chrise27007mk2

Postby parceldave » Sat May 15, 2010 5:06 pm

how long before we will need to move to a bigger stadium!?

Dont know about a bigger one but we might have to put the second tier on now, if we win the play -offs we would have the smallest ground in League 1 by some 1300 with Hartlepool being the smallest at the moment . :o
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Sat May 15, 2010 5:38 pm

you could easly build a 2nd tier on three of the stands

plus with the new site there's plenty of room to build bigger for a 2nd tier if we ever do reach the promised land
George Dawes

Postby Squaddie_Shrimp » Sat May 15, 2010 5:51 pm

The board have been clever in the way the stadiums been built, like everyone said theres room for expansion should it be needed but i dont see us packing the stadium week in week out so theres no need to do what darlo did and but a stupid size stadium because it would kill off any kind of atmosphere when the stadium is not even 1/4 full
Results are temporary... Shrimps Pride is Forever
Squaddie_Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Sat May 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Squaddie_Shrimp wrote:The board have been clever in the way the stadiums been built, like everyone said theres room for expansion should it be needed but i dont see us packing the stadium week in week out so theres no need to do what darlo did and but a stupid size stadium because it would kill off any kind of atmosphere when the stadium is not even 1/4 full

But like i said if we do get into League 1 , we will have to do it sooner because it probably would be packed . Darlo is an extreme example , thats 25,000 capacity but the average gate for League 1 this season was over 8,000. So where do we put the other 2,000 . :?:
parceldave

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 15, 2010 6:24 pm

parceldave wrote:how long before we will need to move to a bigger stadium!?

Dont know about a bigger one but we might have to put the second tier on now, if we win the play -offs we would have the smallest ground in League 1 by some 1300 with Hartlepool being the smallest at the moment . :o

IF we reach League 1 I'm sure that the Board will look have some plans already agreed.

For me I'd prefer to see if we survive the first season and then develop the North Stand with an extension to the Community Block which could incorporate a stand in the build. It's also probable that grants for an extension to the Community Block may be available, which may already be part of the future expansion plans.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion