Morecambe World?

Morecambe World?

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:08 pm

Is Morecambe World going to be available on Mac at some point soon? Also, are we getting "our" commentary yet or is it still from the opposition point of view? I see there still isn't a match report from last Saturday available (one week on) and the game was still played at Christie Street (one week on). Before I part with my money, I'd like to hear from anyone else as to whether it works?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe World?

Postby campdave » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:22 pm

I listened to the Notts Forest match, although on the Forest Stream. Only a Bury stream available today.

But on a PC I'm afraid
campdave

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:40 pm

Keith
there are some problems with live commentary that the club are trying to resolve as speedily as possible
match video highlights on world were there last week and still are
bury website through premium you can get live commentary from Gordon Sorfleet from Bury FC today
we will be at some point providing live commentaries and I'm sure Derek will update everyone in due course there is talk of video interviews and much more as the site is developed
thanks sean

3 changes today mccann curtis and mcstay in to add some steel perhaps ahead of todays
they are on fire so will be a tough one
derek will be providing updates on radio lancs all afternoon
Shrimpsscene

Postby Aspers » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:57 pm

The commentator last week was not very exciting.
But hey its better than nothing.
I'm sure as Shrimpscene says it has to improve.
Aspers

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:01 pm

have a listen th elads are sat behind me glen and derek
theyre very entertaining
Shrimpsscene

Postby Aspers » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:04 pm

Can't hear owt here in Sydney
Aspers

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:11 pm

I have cancelled the service after 1 week the service is was awful and would not reckonmend until the resolve all the little problems like commentary and not being given a license to listen to it from the other sides commentary....I got the service to use at work but cant even listen to the games so whats the point in new service if it dont work!!!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:06 pm

we allready have a free world services it's called The Visitor ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby quinny » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:10 pm

First of all.
Keith
I have sorted the match report from last week out hopefully now. It was on the main section of the site but not in the match report section where it shoud have been which I apologise for. I am still learning the system so please bear with me.
As for getting stuff on macs again I don't know the difference between macs and pcs so I can't quite work that one out.
Looking at the World service I only ever advertised that it was available to all Morecambe fans who could, for the time being anyway, get live coverage of our games albeit from the other teams angle for the moment. It also opened up the world service for other clubs you may support such as North End, Blackpool etc. I was very careful to stress this as a selling point so as not to mislead people at this stage.
I was hoping we would have live commentaries by now but we have come up against a major sticking point after we thought we had got everything sorted.
We can do reports via a phone line for the next 2 home games and see how that goes and then look to improve the quality when we can source some equipment.
We will as always keep you informed.
quinny

Postby durianmuncher » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:52 pm

I think all the points made when the Morecambe World package started up were clear and I didn't expect there to be commentary from a home perspective for some time. I thought the comment stating Morecambe perspective commentary would be available after a couple of games would be very optimistic, particularly given there was a mention of doing it through Radio Blackburn.

If it will look anything like Premium tv sites which other clubs have, it will be well worth it though. I had signed up for a premium tv service from another club a couple of years ago just so that I could get live commentary of pretty much every game going, including Morecambe, but on their sites they also have lots of other goodies - highlights of matches played which are stored in an archive and available to be viewed any time for years after, footage of reserve and youth team matches, interviews with players, staff and fans added everyday, club features...etc. So I definitely think it will be a great service when it gets up and running properly, but obviously it will take time to sort out. When my subscription finishes, I'll resubscribe through the Morecambe premium tv package.
durianmuncher

Return to General Discussion