Manny Panther Freed

Manny Panther Freed

Postby Mike Blackstone » Fri May 14, 2010 2:22 pm

Manny Panther has been given a free transfer by Exeter City. No surprise there. But will the Shrimps sign him? What is your opinion of him?
Mike Blackstone

Re: Manny Panther Freed

Postby bigreddog » Fri May 14, 2010 2:30 pm

when fit a very useful player, athletic and powerful, rarely wastes a pass. and a thoroughly nice bloke, would love to have him at the club long term. but that's upto the boss.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby steve mfc » Fri May 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Mixed feelings really, to start with he looked very good but after his injury the complete opposite.
steve mfc

Postby George Dawes » Fri May 14, 2010 2:40 pm

steve mfc wrote:Mixed feelings really, to start with he looked very good but after his injury the complete opposite.

same here mixed feelings, but i suppose a good fitness program in the summer & pre-season well worth a contract
George Dawes

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri May 14, 2010 2:54 pm

A few of us spoke to him at last weeks presentation, asked him when he'd be back to full fitness. He said something along the lines of not being himself since Sol Campbell broke his foot. Brilliant player when 100% fit
Crooky MFC

Postby mfcbro » Fri May 14, 2010 3:45 pm

I wouldnt sign him unless he proved his fitness,went to watch him in reserves and he was the worst player on the pitch.i.m.o.Not the same player since he was injured.
mfcbro

Postby Weetabix Kid » Fri May 14, 2010 3:47 pm

worth a gamble on pay-play / 6month contract etc, thats if he's willing or gets other offers
Weetabix Kid

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri May 14, 2010 3:50 pm

How does this leaqve his deal with us then as hes on loan I susspect if hes no longer an Exeter player hen his deal with us will automaticly expire.
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Fri May 14, 2010 3:51 pm

or look at him pre-season on trial out of contract like he is now.
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri May 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Yeah give him pre season see how he gets on.
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Fri May 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Part of me is of the 'form is temporary, class is permanent' school of thought, and therefore a summer and pre-season, he should be back to the standard he was before being stamped on by someone with a turning circle of an oil tanker... and about as heavy!

On the other hand, I remember some Exeter fans saying he isn't consistently good enough, when he's on song, he'd be first choice on the team sheet but can go missing. In the role he plays, he's not a luxury player (as wingers sometimes are). Also, with Garry Hunter now back staking a claim and Stanners & Drummie here next season, do we need him? More accurately, do we need him more than we need cover elsewhere? So I really don't know. I'd be pleased if Sammy decides to sign him but not too gutted if he ended up somewhere else. Good luck to him, if the ref had seen that stamp, Campbell would have made even bigger headlines :evil:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimpinho » Fri May 14, 2010 4:20 pm

he would be a decent signing I.M.O.
I think he did enough, and was one of our best players, at the start of the season to persuade me that he could do a good job in that midfield, (not saying that stanners, gary or drummie doesn't), just competition for places is ideal.
and too be fair to the lad, he took a big stepback with that injury which he hasn't seemed to get over yet. So, as people have mentioned, pre-season and a good fitness regime could do the trick.
shrimpinho

Postby Preston Shrimp » Fri May 14, 2010 9:31 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Yeah give him pre season see how he gets on.

totally agree. dont think he would advance the squad in any way, but an impressive pre season could aid my opinion and maybe sammy's
Preston Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Fri May 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Keith wrote:Part of me is of the 'form is temporary, class is permanent' school of thought, and therefore a summer and pre-season, he should be back to the standard he was before being stamped on by someone with a turning circle of an oil tanker... and about as heavy!

On the other hand, I remember some Exeter fans saying he isn't consistently good enough, when he's on song, he'd be first choice on the team sheet but can go missing. In the role he plays, he's not a luxury player (as wingers sometimes are). Also, with Garry Hunter now back staking a claim and Stanners & Drummie here next season, do we need him? More accurately, do we need him more than we need cover elsewhere? So I really don't know. I'd be pleased if Sammy decides to sign him but not too gutted if he ended up somewhere else. Good luck to him, if the ref had seen that stamp, Campbell would have made even bigger headlines :evil:

ill have that .. i was in two minds but! that's a good shout!
George Dawes

Postby Caged Lion » Fri May 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Manny was ok and would probably claim a place if we didn't have Drummond or Stanley. However, I wouldn't want to sign him if it meant we couldn't then afford a more creative and attacking midfielder.

Sammy's season-long and loan signings were excellent this year, so let's have a few more fresh faces when we go to the Globe.
Caged Lion

Postby Curly » Fri May 14, 2010 10:49 pm

Quality Player! Get him signed now, lost his bottle for tackles a bit after injury but should get
another chance, he'll come good again.
Best player on the pitch away at Bury ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby John L » Fri May 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Curly wrote:Best player on the pitch away at Bury ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

;)
John L

Return to General Discussion