RECORD GATE RECEIPTS FOR DAGENHAM

RECORD GATE RECEIPTS FOR DAGENHAM

Postby phil1965365 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:34 pm

I estimate the club will get record gate receipts for the forthcoming dagenham game. Based on a similar crowd as the aldershot game and with the game being all pay the club should take close to £50,000. A bumper pay day for the club...............Anybody know the current best?.
phil1965365

Re: RECORD GATE RECEIPTS FOR DAGENHAM

Postby Frobi » Tue May 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Surely the Ipswich game will beat that, considering it was £20 a ticket wasn't it?
Frobi

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:45 pm

I seem to remember the home Ipswich FA Cup tie being a bit pricey....which was also a sell out for home areas and wasn't part of your season ticket. Green tickets if I remember rightly also (random memory at times).

What must be of real encouragement for the club for the club is the speed of the ticket sales this time round. Previous sell outs for play-offs and FA Cup games have only been so on the day, with tickets available the morning before each match. We should sell out the Dagenham game a week before the fixture, which is excellent considering that IF it all goes horribly wrong on Sunday the home leg could effectively be over (obviously I hope this doesn't happen, just highlighting that in previous seasons supporters would have waited on the first leg result....now they don't have that luxury).
RedRedWine1

Postby fletch_al » Tue May 11, 2010 8:00 pm

but is this down to the playoffs or the fact that its the last ever game at christie park?
fletch_al

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue May 11, 2010 8:43 pm

phil1965365 wrote:I estimate the club will get record gate receipts for the forthcoming dagenham game. Based on a similar crowd as the aldershot game and with the game being all pay the club should take close to £50,000. A bumper pay day for the club...............Anybody know the current best?.

plus tv money :D
thegentlegiant

Postby Captain Haddock » Tue May 11, 2010 9:53 pm

fletch_al wrote:but is this down to the playoffs or the fact that its the last ever game at christie park?

Both surely.
.....and Smith must score! (1983) :(

Captain Haddock

Postby fletch_al » Tue May 11, 2010 10:13 pm

Captain Haddock wrote:
fletch_al wrote:but is this down to the playoffs or the fact that its the last ever game at christie park?

Both surely.

my point is, all this talk of an increasing fan base, is it our success or just a 1 off event
fletch_al

Postby wijit » Tue May 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Good point, and worth thinking abpout too. I'd say a combination. We undoubtedly have a bigger fan base now than then. but this may even be partially because of that game. It led to us going full time and benefitted us long term. We got a good reputation and additional fans. So The way we have got where we are may well lead on again to another expansion of our fan base.
wijit

Postby NorthernDale » Fri May 14, 2010 6:45 am

Dale fan here to wish you luck for the Play Offs. Would love to see you do it.

Sorry to disappoint you on the takings thing. The gate receipts and TV monies earned from the PO games don't go to your club. They are pooled with the other 3 clubs and most of it goes to the FL. We were disappointed to find that out when we were in the PO's. But I guess the argument is that you would be financially better off than the clubs that got auto promotion if they didn't do that. Your best bet is to maximise sales of food and merchandise on the day from the glory hunters that turn up.

Anyway good luck.
NorthernDale

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Fri May 14, 2010 7:17 am

NorthernDale wrote:Dale fan here to wish you luck for the Play Offs. Would love to see you do it.

Sorry to disappoint you on the takings thing. The gate receipts and TV monies earned from the PO games don't go to your club. They are pooled with the other 3 clubs and most of it goes to the FL. We were disappointed to find that out when we were in the PO's. But I guess the argument is that you would be financially better off than the clubs that got auto promotion if they didn't do that. Your best bet is to maximise sales of food and merchandise on the day from the glory hunters that turn up.

Anyway good luck.

Cheers Dale hope we can join you.

The above info just makes Dagenghams decision to take nearly half of the away capacity away just to accomodate 200 plastics who probably won't go to Dagenham again when their usual teams (Chelsea etc') are playing. You could partly understand them trying to maximize gate receipts if they could keep the proceeds but if they then have to hand it over to the FA why risk the potential chaos this decision could cause :?
Burnley Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri May 14, 2010 8:17 am

NorthernDale wrote:Dale fan here to wish you luck for the Play Offs. Would love to see you do it.

Anyway good luck.

I never knew that..Bar Stewards! Can't get my head around that one really but what we MUST do then is get to Wembley, win or lose but at least we'll keep our revenue.
Congratulations Dale :!:
http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=5978
nobbyshrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Fri May 14, 2010 8:34 am

nobbyshrimp wrote:

Anyway good luck.

I never knew that..Bar Stewards! Can't get my head around that one really but what we MUST do then is get to Wembley, win or lose but at least we'll keep our revenue.
Congratulations Dale :!:
http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=5978

I've a nasty feeling that the final is the same. Remember reading it somewhere in connection with our last visit. Apparently the FA book the stadium and after everything's paid for, hire of stadium, 100's of stewards etc', there's not much left over anyway. I guess they're still paying off massive loans for the place so someones got to foot the bill. Either that or the money is funnelled into the Premiership like everything else. :roll: I suppose someones got to finance all those Ferraris.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri May 14, 2010 8:44 am

True, very true, but surely this can't be right. Its a bit of a long drawn out report but the attached link above (hundred per cent) suggests that the finalists keep the revenue made. Surely to god whoever it is deserves something from it. Imagine you go through all this and then lose in the final at Wembley, you haven't made a bloody thing and you're two/three weeks behind every other club for tracking down new players for the following season which you haven't been able to do properly because you didn't know which league you would be playing in.
nobbyshrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Fri May 14, 2010 8:59 am

nobbyshrimp wrote:True, very true, but surely this can't be right. Its a bit of a long drawn out report but the attached link above (hundred per cent) suggests that the finalists keep the revenue made. Surely to god whoever it is deserves something from it. Imagine you go through all this and then lose in the final at Wembley, you haven't made a bloody thing and you're two/three weeks behind every other club for tracking down new players for the following season which you haven't been able to do properly because you didn't know which league you would be playing in.

Agree totally. Plus many folk will have blown their season ticket money on a huge play off beano so less revenue for the clubs there potentially. There must be some revenue for the clubs after all the expenses have been deducted. Plus the play off semi clubs must keep some of the gate money surely. Clubs will no doubt be paying players bonuses for reaching the playoffs so that has to be paid for somehow other than selling extra pies and scarves.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby wonder shrimp » Fri May 14, 2010 9:21 am

on the other hand the play offs and a trip to wembley is awesome PR for the clubs involved. think of all the media coverage and even though i'm sure only a fairly small % of the new fans start coming regularly i'm sure that this is still a worthwhile figure.

it would be quite weird if the the clubs who made it up through the playoffs were considerably financially better off that that those who didn't, wouldn't it? especially after seeing the prize money in L2 on another thread (wasn't it 25k for the chumps?).
wonder shrimp

Return to General Discussion