If You Are Going On Sunday - Read This! Ticket Info!

Re: Marcus James Stand

Postby Curly » Thu May 13, 2010 5:23 pm

Bls Shrimp wrote:
Curly wrote:
Bls Shrimp wrote:don't understand why they would be selling seats in our end if they haven't even sold out yet! fair dos if its a last resort to get bums on seats but if there's still terrace tickets available then who knows. i just hope they've got their calculations correct!

They have sold out of Home tickets, look at their site

http://www.daggers.co.uk/page/NewsDetai ... 02,00.html

that just says seats are sold out... and that terrace tickets are still available! seating tickets must in high demand for the home fans so theyve opened up part of the away stand.

As you mentioned SEATS first, I assumed thats what you were interested in :roll:
In fairness, maybe I should have said Home seats tickets ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Sammy h » Thu May 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Curly wrote:
Crooky MFC wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:so have they solf all the tickets in the home sections? hope they don't think that we are only bringing 200 or so

I presume they have contacted the club to ask how many we're expecting to take, maybe 'Morecambe FC' could confirm this?

How would Morecambe FC know how many will go? :roll:

Or Morecambe should have got in touch with Daggers or vice versa, to see how many seats we have been allocated. What a farce.

I wasn't going to get tickets, but i am having second thoughts now.
Sammy h

Postby Christies Child » Thu May 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Sounds as though Blackpool are having problems selling tickets for Wembley. NOT due to a lack of responce but due to glitches in the ordering system.

Let's hope that IF we get to Wembley that our systems can cope with the any problems.

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Plain Peter » Thu May 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Demand for both legs is going to be well above supply.
Both grounds have small capacities.
Respective legs should have been moved to Upton Park and Deepdale, or made Home fans only.
What's happening is a bit of a farce, and if the wrong sort turn up, it could be dangerous.
Police tape to separate fans is absolutely useless. You need a void and a solid row of stewards. I don't think any of us want that.
Plain Peter

Postby Curly » Thu May 13, 2010 5:42 pm

Just got mine :D , no problems getting through or ordering from Lily Allen :lol:

Tel. 020 8592 1549 ext. 21

0-3? 2 for Drummie, 1 from The Moose ;) :D :P
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby steve mfc » Thu May 13, 2010 5:48 pm

The way i see it is they give us a stand that holds 1200 fine, people think they do not need to pre book tickets with that many available so we will just pay on the day.

They then make the decision to sell tickets to their supporters less than three days before the match, if they are going to do that the least they can do is let us or MFC know what our revised allocation is then people can make their mind up whether they need to pre book or not. To find out via a fans forum is not really acceptable.

Estimating the amount of traveling fans is difficult especially when so many do not use the coaches and travel independently.
steve mfc

Postby shrimper » Thu May 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Got 'em now!

:D :D
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Wild Bill » Thu May 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Anyone reading this thread who doesn't then go and pre-buy their ticket is asking for trouble!

Even if D&R only allocate 200 home fans in the stand, a further 100 or more may be lost with the segregation, leaving only 900 seats for travelling fans.

Seeing as this is probably our most important fixture ever, I expect at least 7-800 to make the trip; maybe even as much as a 1000. :shock:

Dagenham have surely screwed up here but hopefully Shrimps fans will spead the word about pre-booking and save any tears down in the smoke!
Wild Bill

Postby phil1965365 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Looking at a picture of the away stand at dagenham, from a segregation point, the least they could give the home fans is a quarter of that stand because of the layout of seats. theres a pic on:shrimps fans at dagenham: topic on this site. they would probably split it at the shallowest point at the exit between the letters d and a of the word daggers white coloured seats.
phil1965365

Postby Sammy h » Thu May 13, 2010 6:22 pm

May i suggest the title of the topic is changed?
Sammy h

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Thu May 13, 2010 6:58 pm

We've pre booked ours, 3 by car. I can't believe that they've started selling away tickets to home fans :o How greedy can you get?? And although the regular Morecambe and Daggers fans get on really well who's to say that the individuals sharing our area will be regular Daggers fans??

If it turns out to be correct and Morecambe fans are locked out I sincerely hope Morecambe return the compliment by selling the rest of the 'away terrace'tickets to Morecambe fans seeing as we've already sold out in the home sections.

Words fail me at the incompetence on their part. All Morecambe fans MUST pre book or don't bother travelling. It's not worth it to be turned away! Is this what Dagenham are trying to achieve????????????

Perhaps messages somewhere advising travelling fans to try and pre book with the phone No might help.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu May 13, 2010 7:04 pm

as the 2nd leg is now a sell out for home fans does this mean that if the club wanted to they could give us some of the south stand?
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimpinho » Thu May 13, 2010 7:19 pm

I enjoy reading the daggers thread on this. There seem to be suggestions that there will be few fans turning up for this one? they are in for a shock then come sunday.

It all seems a farce tbh. Give them half the car wash, and "segregate" that, leaving the south stand to us.

I'll make sure to let people know to pre-book tickets now. ;) ;)
shrimpinho

Postby Keith » Thu May 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Sammy h wrote:May i suggest the title of the topic is changed?

Title now made a little clearer. Turning in to a farce by the sound of it.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Thu May 13, 2010 7:30 pm

shrimpinho wrote:I enjoy reading the daggers thread on this. There seem to be suggestions that there will be few fans turning up for this one? they are in for a shock then come sunday.

It all seems a farce tbh. Give them half the car wash, and "segregate" that, leaving the south stand to us.

I'll make sure to let people know to pre-book tickets now. ;) ;)

Totally agree with you. After advertising 1200 seats for away fans many must be anticipating being able to pay on the day. So how many has the 1200 now become???????????????? How do they keep segregation within the stand relating to the facilities, catering, toilets etc'.
Some sort of official announcement from Dagenham would be nice.
Burnley Shrimp

Re: If You Are Going On Sunday - Read This! Ticket Info!

Postby Castaway » Thu May 13, 2010 7:37 pm

The way i see it is they give us a stand that holds 1200 fine, people think they do not need to pre book tickets with that many available so we will just pay on the day.

They then make the decision to sell tickets to their supporters less than three days before the match, if they are going to do that the least they can do is let us or MFC know what our revised allocation is then people can make their mind up whether they need to pre book or not. To find out via a fans forum is not really acceptable.

Estimating the amount of traveling fans is difficult especially when so many do not use the coaches and travel independently.

Agreed. Dagenham's communication has been completely piss poor for these ticket sales. At the very least we should have had a deadline (satuday?) to buy tickets, before their fans could buy them in the 'away end'. Dagenham have every chance of becoming a league one side on the pitch with a non-league set-up off the pitch.
Castaway

Postby maxamoo 1 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:06 pm

just heard from a good source
D&R have been alocated 200 seats
morecambe 800 seats
segregation 200

hope this info helps ease minds !
maxamoo 1

Postby MfcChris » Thu May 13, 2010 8:18 pm

There should be a rule against this.

We should give them half the car wash and give the whole umbro end to Morecambe fans ;)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu May 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Dagenham's organisation for the bigest games of the season has been very poor
heysham_mfc

Postby Bare shrimp » Thu May 13, 2010 8:52 pm

after reading this i will now be ringing up in the morning to try book tickets for me and several other mates. This is very poor organisation from dagenham and i am just wondering by ordering over the phone do you need a credit card to purchase or can you reserve tickets then pay with cash on the day? any help would be much appreciated thanks.
Bare shrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Thu May 13, 2010 8:52 pm

This isn't legal is it? Dagenham made an official statement saying that Morecambe fans don't need to pre-purchase tickets and that 1,200 seats would be available for travelling away fans. Consequently they are obliged to provide that number and in the same stand as advertised. Morecambe officials need to investigate this situation rather quickly and make an appropriate statement.
Caged Lion

Postby Caged Lion » Thu May 13, 2010 8:55 pm

It should also be 'all' ticket for Dagenham fans travelling up here. Time for both clubs to waken up and smell the danger.
Caged Lion

Postby Dagenhamfan » Thu May 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Curly wrote:Just got mine :D , no problems getting through or ordering from Lily Allen :lol:

Tel. 020 8592 1549 ext. 21

0-3? 2 for Drummie, 1 from The Moose ;) :D :P

First off, its not really funny to mock our staff members - you sound just as stupid to us as we do to you....
...its not fair and i think you're really mean, i think you're really mean, yes i think you're really mean.

Anyways...i have to say i completely agree with you on this. I think its looking like a total bodge job on our part. BUT i have every confidence you'll be able to get in. I cant see any more than a small number of seats in the stand being given to home fans, maybe a section of 300 or so (ive not counted seats in the 'blocks' i suppose you call them, it maybe 200, it may be 400). As a reflection, this is what ive had to say on our forum about the matter ;

"There probably wont be any issue, but i cant see the sense in it to be fair.

The away stand should be kept for away fans for this game, its okay when a club like Macclesfield whose season is done and dusted when they come down to move them into the Family Stand (even when tbh i think its a bit out of order they dont therefore get to sample the away stand themselves through no fault of their own) but there is a a lot hanging on this game for both teams. If it went half empty then it went half empty, referring to my previous postings about attendances, it isnt like we sell out every game is it? Fitting an extra 300 in who cant usually be bothered to stop watching Chelsea isnt any concern of mine whatsoever"
Dagenhamfan

Postby Caged Lion » Thu May 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Dagenhamfan wrote:Anyways...i have to say i completely agree with you on this. I think its looking like a total bodge job on our part. BUT i have every confidence you'll be able to get in. I cant see any more than a small number of seats in the stand being given to home fans, maybe a section of 300 or so (ive not counted seats in the 'blocks' i suppose you call them, it maybe 200, it may be 400). As a reflection, this is what ive had to say on our forum about the matter

Simple solution Dagenhamfan...make it pay on the day for Dagenham fans in the away end once Morecambe fans have taken up their allocation. My feeling is that there will be many more Morecambe fans turning up to this game and expecting to pay on the gate than you are accounting for. We may be a small club but the passions are surging here and huge numbers are heading off to Dagenham.
Caged Lion

Postby Plain Peter » Thu May 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Bare shrimp wrote: This is very poor organisation from dagenham and i am just wondering by ordering over the phone do you need a credit card to purchase or can you reserve tickets then pay with cash on the day? any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Credit or Debit Card over the phone.
£1.50 booking charge per booking (not per ticket), irrespective of whether by credit or debit card.
You cannot(R) order over the phone, and then pay by cash or CC/DC on the day. Obvious reason, ie no show, for that.
Plain Peter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion