Sold out?

Sold out?

Postby Wild Bill » Thu May 13, 2010 6:13 pm

Official website said the home leg only had 200 tickets yesterday. No official word of a sell-out. Does that mean we haven't manage to shift the last few tickets yet? Seems strange at the rate they were selling earlier....
Wild Bill

Re: Sold out?

Postby mrg1309 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:35 pm

There's a statement on the website that says it is now sold out. No mention of the away end though, I'm not sure if Dagenham were sent tickets?

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~2051894,00.html
mrg1309

Postby Bls Shrimp » Thu May 13, 2010 6:41 pm

no i think its pay on the day for them.
Bls Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Thu May 13, 2010 6:50 pm

i wonder if you'll get any desperate Morecambe fans without tickets trying it on with bad cockney accents in the away end :lol:
George Dawes

Postby morecambe mick » Thu May 13, 2010 6:51 pm

Strange isn't it?
Tonight I've had two people ask if I can get them tickets..... :?:

OK, one forgot, mother is very ill, but the other :!:

I don't think the club are publicising the game enough :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby steve mfc » Thu May 13, 2010 6:58 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Strange isn't it?
Tonight I've had two people ask if I can get them tickets..... :?:

OK, one forgot, mother is very ill, but the other :!:

I don't think the club are publicising the game enough :lol: :lol:

If we get a good result on Sunday then there might be a lot more people looking for tickets, oh well.
steve mfc

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Thu May 13, 2010 7:05 pm

For a Thursday evening kick off there's going to be 150 Daggers at most. Simples, do what they're doing with their away end and let our fans in to part of it. we could soon sell another few hundred the way the other 5,000 have gone and the extra revenue could pay for the additional stewarding and policing required for adequate segregation.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu May 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:For a Thursday evening kick off there's going to be 150 Daggers at most. Simples, do what they're doing with their away end and let our fans in to part of it. we could soon sell another few hundred the way the other 5,000 have gone and the extra revenue could pay for the additional stewarding and policing required for adequate segregation.

agreed
heysham_mfc

Postby Castaway » Thu May 13, 2010 7:06 pm

For a Thursday evening kick off there's going to be 150 Daggers at most. Simples, do what they're doing with their away end and let our fans in to part of it. we could soon sell another few hundred the way the other 5,000 have gone and the extra revenue could pay for the additional stewarding and policing required for adequate segregation.

There will be more than that, but not enought to fill the car wash.......
Castaway

Postby shrimpinho » Thu May 13, 2010 8:00 pm

IF we could change ticket allocation, what could we do for the fans who have bought car wash tickets? the car wash regulars who may wanna stay there?

or just say look daggers, theres your allocation (half the carwash) and boost our fans from the carwash to the south stand on a first come first serve basis, then the rest on general sale?

obviously its just theory, and may not be possible. but interesting to know if there is several ways the club could work around this.

..just a though! :)
shrimpinho

Postby Vinny » Thu May 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Any Daggers fans looking on the MFC official website will read 'Dagenham clash is a SELL OUT' but I take it that THERE ARE STILL PLENTY OF TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR THE AWAY FANS - it has only sold out for home fans (excellent!!!) but why put prospective away fans off by saying 'All tickets gone' when they haven't????

I think the official website post needed editing.

EDIT:
That's better (the MFC website post) - THANKS to who ever made the adjustments.
Last edited by Vinny on Thu May 13, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Wild Bill » Thu May 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:For a Thursday evening kick off there's going to be 150 Daggers at most. Simples, do what they're doing with their away end and let our fans in to part of it. we could soon sell another few hundred the way the other 5,000 have gone and the extra revenue could pay for the additional stewarding and policing required for adequate segregation.

Its not so simple as Christie Park is not an easy ground to split-up and segregate. For starters the south stand is terracing, so its not just the case of putting a bit of netting over a few rows of seats. Also there are no entrances on the main stand side or the back of the stand or normal exits. Remember opposing fans can't enter by the same turnstyle blocks.

I think the only reasonable way to do it would be to give Morecambe fans access to main stand side of the terrace with entrance via the paddock but even this may not be doable.

Also, we may end up with the same problem as the Daggers fans by under-estimating the level of travelling support on the night.
Wild Bill

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu May 13, 2010 9:24 pm

only way to do it would be to put daggers fans on the far side of the car wash or spit the south stand in half and people would have to access the south stand via the main stand however this could cause a lot of problems on the night with crowd congestion.
heysham_mfc

Postby Ntini » Fri May 14, 2010 8:37 am

As this is a playoff game, and therefore no season ticket holders to think of, surely the Car wash terrace would have sufficed to meet the anticipated away demand. And therefore it would have given us over a thousand extra tickets for home supporters on the current 'Away' terrace. I hold my hands up and admit I don't know the full implications of this, but it just seems like a more managable way of freeing up more tickets for home supporters.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby mfc sam » Fri May 14, 2010 1:32 pm

i hope morecambe have given more tickets to home fans than there was against aldershot because they could of fitted a couple of hundered more in the home because i know alot of people that were looking for tickets but they sold out ! :?
mfc sam

Postby scar » Fri May 14, 2010 1:44 pm

mfc sam wrote:i hope morecambe have given more tickets to home fans than there was against aldershot because they could of fitted a couple of hundered more in the home because i know alot of people that were looking for tickets but they sold out ! :?

Which of the sold out stands would you propose the club sell tickets for? :? :roll:
scar

Postby Keith » Fri May 14, 2010 2:02 pm

The problem with the suggestion of giving D&R the Car Wash stand is that there are people who have stood there for years, because that's where they choose to be. I think any attempt to move them for the last ever game at Christie Park would be a serious PR disaster and may even alienate some long term fans all together. There would be complaints if it was any other year, but with it being an emotional last time?

If the UMBRO stand could be safely and reasonably segregated, I'm sure the club would do so but there aren't any alternative turnstiles, or toilets etc. As mentioned elsewhere, it is relatively simple to segregate an all seater stand (remember Milton Keynes with the netting for us to bounce inflatables across to each other?). In a 'standing' stand, that isn't possible, even if turnstiles etc could be provided. The only other alternative *may* be a temporary stand with porta-loos in the area where the Carlisle fans were a few seasons ago (to the left of the Main Stand as you look at it). Then it comes down to simple economics, cost of stand, toilets etc less the income from the tickets? At such short notice, it probably isn't worth it, simply because of time. Plus risk assessing an extra 'X' Morecambe fans having to go through an already sold out paddock, there is a huge crush risk. You *could* set up a walk-way along the touch line (not pitch side obviously) after all, there isn't any damage to playing area to worry about... but again, the point is there is an awful lot more to it than simply moving some spectators from one place to another.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sammy h » Fri May 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Have we not split the carwash into two before? I seem to remember us once giving a team the umbro stand and half the carwash?

Was it Bradford?
Sammy h

Postby scar » Fri May 14, 2010 5:52 pm

If all 3 stands for Morecambe (Car Wash, North & Main) are all already sold out, then the option of segregating the Car Wash is a non-starter.

We could always tell Daggers it's a Home Supporters Only Game, i'm sure they'd understand after flogging off part of the away end themselves :shock: ;)
scar

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri May 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Sammy h wrote:Have we not split the carwash into two before? I seem to remember us once giving a team the umbro stand and half the carwash?

Was it Bradford?

it was but it wasnt split Bradford were given the whole of the car wash
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion