Dagenham pubs

Dagenham pubs

Postby shrimp23 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:17 am

Ok, I know I promised not to post much...

Mick B has asked me to put some information on here regarding the pubs around Daggers.

The information I have is that the only pub to avoid as away fans really is The Railway. This tends to attract the more rowdy home fans.

Apparantly The Eastbrook which is on the traffic lights near the ground is fine, as is The Bull on Rainham Rd South (a short walk from the ground).

The bar behind the away stand will be open from around an hour before kick off.

I hope you realise I'm not presuming to tell you where to drink, just giving you information to do with what you will.

cheers

Will
shrimp23

Re: Dagenham pubs

Postby morecambe mick » Wed May 12, 2010 4:46 pm

I did ask and thank you.

So, it's the Railway then :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby George Dawes » Wed May 12, 2010 5:43 pm

sorry to put a dampener on things

it's the east end of London i worked on a job down there in Dagenham about 10 years ago, and i remember most of them pubs round there being dodgy you get a lot of West Ham lads what drink in them pubs so id keep your wits about you!

although they probably know where a family club and wont expect Morecambe to bring a mob

the choice is entirely yours but am staying the night before at a travel lodge off the M25 then traveling straight to the ground and then straight home!.
George Dawes

Postby Loaderbull » Wed May 12, 2010 9:24 pm

There are no decent pubs in Dagenham (in fact there isn't much there at all).On our recent trip we visited the Spotted Dog in Barking (next door to Tube) which isn't too bad.Incidentally,you're allowed in the DFC clubhouse which although friendly,tends to be very busy!Not sure where you will be seated but we were given the Barking Family Stand which only holds about 150 so the overspill were housed in the Home End (behind the goal) - thankfully, tape was used to segregate fans! :mrgreen:

Oh - nearly forgot,all the very best in the play offs and who knows,if you do make it to Wembley,we might make a guest appearance!

Finally - please keep an eye on Stanley Bowles!!!! :shock:
Loaderbull

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:33 pm

:lol: Mick don't worry Stanley is in good hands shame he's a part time supporter ! Glad ya stayed up. Looking 4ward to the next cider. Mark ;)

Welcome to our board btw. No bull please! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:50 am

morecambe mick wrote:I did ask and thank you.

So, it's the Railway then :lol: :lol:

That's where me, Hodgie and Peter met up last time. We must have scared the home fans away! :lol:

The Bull was boarded up at the time but according to the write up it has reopened again this year :roll:
Last edited by marky No.1 on Thu May 13, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
marky No.1

Postby ockers » Thu May 13, 2010 11:57 am

Loaderbull wrote:There are no decent pubs in Dagenham (in fact there isn't much there at all).On our recent trip we visited the Spotted Dog in Barking (next door to Tube) which isn't too bad.Incidentally,you're allowed in the DFC clubhouse which although friendly,tends to be very busy!Not sure where you will be seated but we were given the Barking Family Stand which only holds about 150 so the overspill were housed in the Home End (behind the goal) - thankfully, tape was used to segregate fans! :mrgreen:

Oh - nearly forgot,all the very best in the play offs and who knows,if you do make it to Wembley,we might make a guest appearance!

Finally - please keep an eye on Stanley Bowles!!!! :shock:

was chatting to stanley on the phone last night mick as he was pulling into the truckstop at cannock
think he's set off early pity we couldtn all get in his truck and hitch a free ride!!!
:lol:
ockers

Postby Plain Peter » Thu May 13, 2010 12:01 pm

marky No.1 wrote:That's where me, Hodgie and Peter met up last time. We must have scared the home fans away! :lol:

Mentioning Hodgie, has he set off yet?
It was Doris who scared the home fans away, but she won't be there on Sunday.
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Peter wrote:Mentioning Hodgie, has he set off yet?
It was Doris who scared the home fans away, but she won't be there on Sunday.

Yes he went on Monday! :lol:

If Doris won't be there I shall try and lose mine in the smoke so we can have a good old lads day out :o ... sorry darlin :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Dagenhamfan » Thu May 13, 2010 9:07 pm

I cant see you facing trouble in The Railway. To be frank, any time ive gone in there for a drink before a game there isnt a Dagenham fan in site.

The Eastbrook is okay, but its a bit of a wideboy Ron Rottweiler type of place IMO. Local pub for local thug and all that.

Myself and the guys i go with drink in The Bell in Rainham (its a 10 minute 103 bus ride away from ground) and its always a lot less busy than the clubhouse which i cannot bear personally. From Rainham, London is easily accessible via C2C National Express trains into Fenchurch Street where you can change for a short (2 min) walk to Tower Hill to complete your onward journey.

For those driving it is also exceptionally close to the A13 (just leave at Ferry Lane exit after heading toward London from M25).

Word of warning, DONT go in The Angel if any of you go to Rainham. Not because they are agressive, but im sure they are aliens...

I am sure they'd be a few of us in The Bell who'd give you a decent friendly welcome if per chance you went that way.

Cheers!
Dagenhamfan

Postby Plain Peter » Thu May 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Dagenhamfan wrote:Word of warning, DONT go in The Angel if any of you go to Rainham. Not because they are agressive, but im sure they are aliens...

Must be the Morecambe overflow :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby Dagenhamfan » Thu May 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Oh no, its much worse than that. Last time i went in there, there was sawdust on the floor and some guy was strolling round and round a West Highland Terrier who was either asleep/dead on the floor whilst sporting a rather fetching cowboy hat.
Dagenhamfan

Postby John L » Thu May 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Are there any good pubs nearby which serve food and where kids are welcome?
John L

Postby Dagenhamfan » Fri May 14, 2010 8:30 am

There is one called The Albion in Rainham (near to The Bell i mentioned) but ive not been in there so i cant tell you what its actually like, i just know it serves food!

http://www.pub-explorer.com/gtlondon/pu ... ainham.htm

Its the same 103 bus ride away as The Bell is. About ten minutes from the ground.
Dagenhamfan

Postby John L » Fri May 14, 2010 8:40 am

Thanks for that! :) May not be enough time though.... anything closer?
John L

Postby Plain Peter » Fri May 14, 2010 8:56 am

John L wrote:Thanks for that! :) May not be enough time though.... anything closer?

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml/tu/74
Plain Peter

Postby Dagenhamfan » Fri May 14, 2010 10:52 am

Further to the list of pubs on that link;

The Cherry Tree is currently boarded up.
Lord Denman will probably be very busy.
The Admiral Vernon is a dump.
The Railway, The Bull, and The Eastbrook as far as i am aware do not do food. The Bull might, its just undergone a refurb and opened up again but ive not been in there in years - it was never a very nice place to be if im honest.

How are you getting to the game may i ask, and what sort of time are you aiming to arrive into the area?
Dagenhamfan

Return to General Discussion