Dagenham fan in peace!

Dagenham fan in peace!

Postby Dagenhamfan » Mon May 10, 2010 5:57 pm

First off, hello, and congratulations for a superb season! I was so pleased that we both made it to the play offs.

Ive seen a few posts here about your allocation and so on.

You will not be in an uncovered terrace - you will have our new 1200 away seated stand. Someone has mentioned somewhere that seats have sold out - AS FAR AS I AM AWARE, the only seats sold out so far are the home seats in The Carling Stand, and The Barking College Stand.

Regarding anyone travelling down by train - it would appear that this weekend you will have a clear journey - ie, no engineering works, which is something which has plagued this end of the District Line for the past two years.
It is also possible to get to us via National Rail, if you take the tube to Tower Hill and walk to Fenchurch Street (about 2 mins walk) you'll be able to take a train to Rainham. In Rainham you'll find a few pubs - so for anyone arriving early and wanting a drink but wanting to avoid crowds at the stadium, it might be your best bet. If anyone does take this route, feel free to pop into The Bell and we can chew the fat! It wont be hard to spot us as it isnt a busy pub and doesn't get rammed with fans. From Rainham a 103 Bus toward 'Chase Cross' will drop you at the top of Victoria Road.

Finally, the very best of luck - i'm sure you'll understand when i say that i do not want you to win!
However, if you happen to beat us, i'll be a Morecambe fan come play off final day - the games we have shared in the past have been superb and often full of massive importance for both clubs, it is perhaps fitting that we will be your final opponents at Christie Park after all the times we have met through the recent years.

Have a safe trip down, and enjoy it! All the best!
Dagenhamfan

Re: Dagenham fan in peace!

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon May 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Cheers for that. Whats parking like near the ground for those coming down in cars? Will be there fairly early due to stopping over the night before so hopefully no problems.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Dagenhamfan » Mon May 10, 2010 6:29 pm

Parking honestly is atrocious, i wont lie to you. The car park at the ground is a no go, its so small its not even worth thinking about.

On the attached image, anywhere marked with a reddish dot is an area i have parked in the past and have never had any trouble, ie vandalism or parking tickets etc. None of it, as far as i am aware is Resident Only parking, but you might be best off looking for signs when parking up. The other roads round there may also be available to park on, but i have never tried them personally.

So basically, street parking or bust!

Dagenhamfan

Postby Dagenhamfan » Mon May 10, 2010 6:48 pm

I'll check by here again later on, if anyone wants any local advice and etc etc just ask me and i'll see what i can do about helping you out.

Cheers
Dagenhamfan

Postby EDD » Wed May 12, 2010 11:11 am

Mmmmhhhhhh....

Seems like good advice......???????

:|
MFC's Only

Morecambe FC / Bradford Park Avenue FC

Supporter
EDD

Postby Keith » Wed May 12, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks for the positive advice and comments Dagenhamfan. I think you are right, that it is fitting that the last club to play us at Christie Park is one that we've met so many times and have such a good relationship with. In fact, I think I remember reading (your programme editor writing in our match day programme a couple of weeks ago?) that Christie Park is the second most frequently visited pitch ever for Dagenham & Redbridge... second only to you home ground!

After *that* play off game which we won, only to lose on penalties, I'm sure you'll agree it's only fair that you roll over and let us tickle your tummy this time? :roll: 8-) This historic season of all seasons :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Wed May 12, 2010 10:39 pm

And, as a few of us have been saying, how fitting that Tony Roberts will be the last opposition keeper at Christie.

We need a massive banner saying simply, "Sorry, Tony - NOT THIS TIME!"
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Wed May 12, 2010 11:09 pm

shrimper wrote:And, as a few of us have been saying, how fitting that Tony Roberts will be the last opposition keeper at Christie.

And if he was to retire at the end of this season, I'm sure he'd be pleased that his last ever away game was at Christie Park :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Captain Haddock » Thu May 13, 2010 1:22 am

That Roberts fella is a right character! Saw him between the sticks at Victoria Park when in the away end with my Darlo mate this season....started a Strictly Come Dancing based bit of banter with the away fans for a good few moments during a break in play.

Was rather amusing I must say!

Shrimps, did he used to play for you then?
.....and Smith must score! (1983) :(

Captain Haddock

Postby abc123 » Thu May 13, 2010 7:47 am

No but he's held in great affection :lol:
abc123

Postby Dagenhamfan » Thu May 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Keith wrote:Thanks for the positive advice and comments Dagenhamfan. I think you are right, that it is fitting that the last club to play us at Christie Park is one that we've met so many times and have such a good relationship with. In fact, I think I remember reading (your programme editor writing in our match day programme a couple of weeks ago?) that Christie Park is the second most frequently visited pitch ever for Dagenham & Redbridge... second only to you home ground!

After *that* play off game which we won, only to lose on penalties, I'm sure you'll agree it's only fair that you roll over and let us tickle your tummy this time? :roll: 8-) This historic season of all seasons :D

I don't think we'll be rolling over :D
Dagenhamfan

Return to General Discussion