Marc Pugh

Marc Pugh

Postby shrimper » Wed May 12, 2010 12:31 pm

..has been offered terms by Hereford for next season.

As he's under 24, that means that any club wishing to sign him would have to pay a transfer fee (which applies to any player under-24 on a contract).

It doesn't mean he's agreed to stay with them, as I understand it. They just have to offer him a contract at least as good as his current one to trigger the 'fee required' - like we did when Carlisle wanted Danny Carlton.

So it changes nowt IF we were interested - and I don't know that we are/were, it's just that I like him as a player, he's a left-sided goalscorer and he is from the north west.

I see Davide Somma has gone back to Leeds but is unlikely to get into the first team in the Championship. Another I like (though it all depends what division we're in - the one downside to the play-offs, I suppose, is that your 'next season' planning can be a bit of a dilemma!).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Marc Pugh

Postby George Dawes » Wed May 12, 2010 1:56 pm

i must agree signing a left sided player should be our number one priority before any other position

after we've sorted out new contract deals with our current squad of key players
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed May 12, 2010 6:27 pm

would be a good signing for us but doubt we will be looking a signings untill after the play offs
heysham_mfc

Postby bigreddog » Wed May 12, 2010 6:40 pm

you're right, even though we wouldn't trade our position right now, it's difficult to know who we want/need/can afford for next season.

from my personal point of view, whomever we get for next season, know to us or yet to be known to us. I'd obviously like to see us re-sign our key players now, but all I'd like to see us sign is players with: pace, pace and some more pace
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky » Wed May 12, 2010 6:41 pm

To be honest, I think the only 'key player' we've yet to sign for next season is Barry Roche. Can't think of anyone else who hasn't signed who I'd describe as key.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed May 12, 2010 9:43 pm

marky wrote:To be honest, I think the only 'key player' we've yet to sign for next season is Barry Roche. Can't think of anyone else who hasn't signed who I'd describe as key.

so you don't think Jevons is a key player then? hes the first 20 goal a season we have had in quite a while
heysham_mfc

Postby marky » Wed May 12, 2010 9:46 pm

He's already signed.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Sam » Wed May 12, 2010 10:26 pm

I really liked the look of Marcus Marshall for Rotherham a couple of weeks ago, on loan to them from Blackburn, but already told he won't be offered a contract by Rovers so will be free in the summer. Tall, quick, tricky and not afraid to shoot, only 20 as well, would be a great signing IMO
Sam

Postby shrimper » Wed May 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Funny that - I'd been looking through the reserves and youth team lists of all the northern clubs to see if there were any likely prospects and his name emerged. I liked him as well but had forgotten about him until you posted that.

Another I like the sound of is Wes Fletcher at Burnley. Had a bit of time on loan at Grimsby in January.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby George Dawes » Thu May 13, 2010 7:15 am

this is the PFA transfer list of players availble what some Managers and Agents use

you can click on to certain postions and it gets updated everyday

-> http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-trans ... ame&page=3
George Dawes

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu May 13, 2010 7:38 am

Mark Pugh was one of many (including Mossy) that the Shrews fans couldn't understand Simpson let go but Graham Turner is still the favourite to land the managers job (having cut all ties with Hereford + put his shares up for sale) or if a younger coach is appointed then Turner may become something like 'director of football' (once his shares have gone through) because as i previously stated, he is a managerial legend at the Shrews having masterminded there promotion to what is now the Championship and keeping them there. 'If' he was to be appointed i just wonder if Pugh would return with him??? Time will tell but i doubt very much he'll head north.
nobbyshrimp

Postby Ntini » Thu May 13, 2010 7:49 am

DawZi wrote:this is the PFA transfer list of players availble what some Managers and Agents use

Robert Dobie (31) from Carlisle and Chris Shuker (28) from Tranmere seem the attainable players who stick out (for me anyway) on this list who could do a job for us.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby George Dawes » Thu May 13, 2010 11:00 am

Ntini wrote:
DawZi wrote:this is the PFA transfer list of players availble what some Managers and Agents use

Robert Dobie (31) from Carlisle and Chris Shuker (28) from Tranmere seem the attainable players who stick out (for me anyway) on this list who could do a job for us.

i like this lad Thomas Newey who's been released from Bury at 27yrs old a versatile left footed center back who can play left-back what gives you a fair few options allowing Wilson to play in midfield when needed
George Dawes

Postby shrimper » Thu May 13, 2010 11:20 am

nobbyshrimp wrote:Mark Pugh was one of many (including Mossy) that the Shrews fans couldn't understand Simpson let go but Graham Turner is still the favourite to land the managers job (having cut all ties with Hereford + put his shares up for sale) or if a younger coach is appointed then Turner may become something like 'director of football' (once his shares have gone through) because as i previously stated, he is a managerial legend at the Shrews having masterminded there promotion to what is now the Championship and keeping them there. 'If' he was to be appointed i just wonder if Pugh would return with him??? Time will tell but i doubt very much he'll head north.

He's from East Lancs and has lots of mates and, of course, family up here.

As for Marshall:
"Whilst the Marshall switch has brought extra mobility and pace up front, it is at the expense of some physical presence up there with an inability to hold up possession often enough."

....from a Rotherham paper.

So, an ideal partner for Mullers at least as back-up for Jevons.
shrimper

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu May 13, 2010 1:35 pm

shrimper wrote:
nobbyshrimp wrote:Mark Pugh was one of many (including Mossy) that the Shrews fans couldn't understand Simpson let go but Graham Turner is still the favourite to land the managers job (having cut all ties with Hereford + put his shares up for sale) or if a younger coach is appointed then Turner may become something like 'director of football' (once his shares have gone through) because as i previously stated, he is a managerial legend at the Shrews having masterminded there promotion to what is now the Championship and keeping them there. 'If' he was to be appointed i just wonder if Pugh would return with him??? Time will tell but i doubt very much he'll head north.

He's from East Lancs and has lots of mates and, of course, family up here.

As for Marshall:
"Whilst the Marshall switch has brought extra mobility and pace up front, it is at the expense of some physical presence up there with an inability to hold up possession often enough."

....from a Rotherham paper.

So, an ideal partner for Mullers at least as back-up for Jevons.

Of course he is :oops: Remember him at Bury/Burnley now. Would love him to come to us but he has played some of his best football in his career so far under Turner so????
Surely not another Shrews 'has been' to go with Artell, Moss, Drummond, Wainwright? Sod it...they're all good players, come join them Pugh lad :)
nobbyshrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:23 pm

John Macken (ex Preston, Man city and Barnsley) on that list too ! !

Good prolific striker if ever there was one.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu May 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Jon Macken :?: I seem to remember him signing many moons ago for Palace for what i seem to remember was around one £million but he didn't prove his worth. He has had a very injury prone career with his best form being at Preston a few years back. His injuries seem to have settled down a bit now and he has had a good couple of seasons at Barnsley but i'm just not that sure he is what we need. Just checked and he is approaching 33 and therefore coming towards the end of his league career. Maybe another 12mths in him, who knows?
nobbyshrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Good point Nobster !

Forgot all about his Palace spell. Most of his Man City career was spent in the treatment room as well !!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu May 13, 2010 3:51 pm

marky wrote:He's already signed.

hes agreed to sign thats a total different thing then 'he's already signed'
heysham_mfc

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu May 13, 2010 4:36 pm

I think Rochdale have released Kallum Higginbottom. A fast tricky player who tore us apart in the 2nd half of the 3-3 draw.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu May 13, 2010 4:47 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I think Rochdale have released Kallum Higginbottom. A fast tricky player who tore us apart in the 2nd half of the 3-3 draw.

One of my 'ones to watch' listings
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Thu May 13, 2010 4:51 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I think Rochdale have released Kallum Higginbottom. A fast tricky player who tore us apart in the 2nd half of the 3-3 draw.

am surprised they've released him, he as a half decent scoring record for a winger who can also play as a striker
George Dawes

Postby james456 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:03 pm

If we're after a new winger, I'd look at the following:

Marc Pugh
Chris Shuker
Nicky Law
Kallum Higginbottom
Albert Admomah
james456

Postby Christies Child » Thu May 13, 2010 7:58 pm

KH will be a target for Stanley
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion