Fairwell games-more at Christie than at Saltergate yesterday

Fairwell games-more at Christie than at Saltergate yesterday

Postby Wild Bill » Sun May 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Infact the second highest league 2 gate of the day (I think!)

Good effort from the locals and again makes me wonder if we could actually do with a decent stand on the North side of the new ground ASAP, especially if we are playing in league one!
Wild Bill

Re: Fairwell games-more at Christie than at Saltergate yesterday

Postby Curly » Sun May 09, 2010 6:58 pm

I understand the idea of keeping the stands in the new ground in proportion and it looking like
a new development, rather than a collection of different stands, but i wish the home stand was
larger, giving a more imposing home end.
Still it's not much of a concern, i think the new ground looks great! ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sun May 09, 2010 7:16 pm

If we got 5000 every week i would say with extra cash and better crowds they would complete the other side with a roof. So encourage all your neighbours to support their local club its a most enjoyable passtime. I have managed to recruit a few ,as the ground is stairing our street in the face. It takes time to build support ,it has gone from 800 to average home support 1800 in 8 years. So we are going in the right direction :D :D :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby morecambe mick » Sun May 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Stanley Bowles wrote:If we got 5000 every week i would say with extra cash and better crowds they would complete the other side with a roof. So encourage all your neighbours to support their local club its a most enjoyable passtime. I have managed to recruit a few ,as the ground is stairing our street in the face. It takes time to build support ,it has gone from 800 to average home support 1800 in 8 years. So we are going in the right direction :D :D :D

:D :D
morecambe mick

Postby shambles » Wed May 12, 2010 10:14 pm

7702 at Saltergate on Saturday. The all ticket game had been sold out for several weeks. The Press Association misreported the attendance as less than five thousand!!! :roll:
shambles

Return to General Discussion