Promotion or World Cup

Re: Promotion or World Cup

Postby shrimper » Mon May 10, 2010 12:52 pm

Right. I'm going to go against the general flow here.

For me a trip to Wembley with Morecambe would be a fantastic end to the season whatever the result. Promotion would be an unbelievable achievement and I'd be ecstatic.

But if the fabulous 2009/10 adventure ends with a narrow defeat after a great game at Wembley I'll still look back on a fantastic season which will live with me as a lifetime highlight.... and then on to next season with realistic ambitions for another great season and a possible tilt at (maybe even automatic) promotion.

England have already qualified for the World Cup. We have reached quarter-finals and semis of other major tournaments before, fairly recently.

So, only a win would be a 'lifetime memory' thing. And being part of a nation in celebration would be fantastic. I am still hugely passionate about the national side, irrespective of the 'over-paid prima donnas' in the team - it's still my national football team.

So, if I could only have one, I'd take the World Cup win and enjoy a trip to Wembley with Morecambe (or even just making the play-offs which is still causing me to pinch myself every hour!).

I'm just being honest.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Aspers » Mon May 10, 2010 1:18 pm

See Shrimper I remeber 1966, Auntie Dot screaming Cmon Bobby in front of the TV.
Can you imgine the bragging rights if we won the World cup.
I'm for Morecambe league 1, struggle away, let the board sort our problems.
Premier league in 5 yearrs.
Europe soon after 8-)
Aspers

Postby morecambe mick » Mon May 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Aspers wrote:See Shrimper I remeber 1966, Auntie Dot screaming Cmon Bobby in front of the TV.
Can you imgine the bragging rights if we won the World cup.
I'm for Morecambe league 1, struggle away, let the board sort our problems.
Premier league in 5 yearrs.
Europe soon after 8-)

Would a pre-season competition in IOM count as Europe Wayne?
Sounds like we won't be having any home friendlies this coming season. From reading comments on here at any rate :(
morecambe mick

Postby fletch_al » Tue May 11, 2010 5:10 pm

Looks like promotion is the favourite:
Promotion 10
World Cup 4

but the one with the most votes doesnt necessarily win.... :roll:
fletch_al

Postby sgt major » Tue May 11, 2010 5:40 pm

shrimper wrote:
England have already qualified for the World Cup. We have reached quarter-finals and semis of other major tournaments before, fairly recently.

Where were you in 66 ;)

......errrr, sorry didn't see Aspers post above - I was screaming and shouting on a setee in a front room less than three doors away from him on Warton Avenue 8-)
sgt major

Postby Keith » Tue May 11, 2010 5:52 pm

shrimper wrote:So, only a win would be a 'lifetime memory' thing. And being part of a nation in celebration would be fantastic. I am still hugely passionate about the national side, irrespective of the 'over-paid prima donnas' in the team - it's still my national football team.

So, if I could only have one, I'd take the World Cup win and enjoy a trip to Wembley with Morecambe (or even just making the play-offs which is still causing me to pinch myself every hour!).

I'm just being honest.

The way I look at it is Morecambe have won at Wembley twice in my life time and England have won the World Cup once. Choice then is England win, Morecambe lose it becomes two-two, Morecambe win and England lose, we go three-one!

Why it means more to me, Morecambe at Wembley, I'll move heaven and earth to be there and will have days before and after the game devoted to it, travel etc. England in the final of the World Cup, I'll put the telly on, open a bottle of Stella and perhaps light a BBQ.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Just to shove my tuppence 'apenny in .....

I've more interest in Carnforth Rangers Reserves than the World Cup.

I want Engerland to do well (of course!), but on the whole could take it or leave it.

But, having said that, nearer the time I could well be well into it ! !
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby fletch_al » Thu May 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Looks like we'll win the world cup then! :D
fletch_al

Postby Curly » Fri May 28, 2010 1:52 am

MORECAMBE_RULE wrote:Promotion any day, dont gave a rats arse about England, overpaid ponces

Don't sit on the fence, say what you feel............ :lol:

Morecambe FC Watney Cup winners 2010/11

Sounds much better ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby darrenlock » Fri May 28, 2010 10:33 am

England over paid but everyone will be watching lol. :evil:

Morecambe next season to come 2nd behind Wycombe
darrenlock

Previous

Return to General Discussion