Haining

Haining

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sun May 09, 2010 4:27 pm

So Stanners is out for at least 1 play off match, his explosive runs from midfield will be sorely missed and his brilliant set pieces also. But there is some good as Haining I thought played really well in midfield. His passing was sublime, and also he gives you more defensively and aerially in midfield. Away from home, this could be good as if we avoid defeat at Daggers, I think we have a fantastic chance, based on how the game went a week ago. Not to mention Jevons could be back for the second leg so we could maybe convert chances into goals.

Anyway I think Haining is too good a player to keep on the bench so get him in midfield with Drummond.

UTS!
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Re: Haining

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Haining is a class act and will be a more than able replacement for Stanners if it comes to it.

In many ways he's the ideal player for the away leg. Excellent just in front of the back 4 and calm going forward. Only concern is who will deliver the free kicks into their box with the same quality as Stanners?

He went close to a goal with a superb glancing header that argues well for his movement in the opposition box.

We'd miss Craig but a superb alternative in Will.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun May 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Is stanners definatly out with injury ??
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sun May 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Is stanners definatly out with injury ??

Having a scan tomorrow i believe.
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 09, 2010 5:59 pm

i thought in the 2nd half we looked good yesterday with Will Haining being the key man playing the holding role protecting the back four giving our midfielders more of a licence to go forward with Hunter playing in the hole behind Mullin and Duffy looks happier our wide-right

i just hope we start with that same team next week, then i think will get the result we need for the home leg

He could be our Roy Keane!!
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 09, 2010 6:38 pm

DawZi wrote:i thought in the 2nd half we looked good yesterday with Will Haining being the key man playing the holding role protecting the back four giving our midfielders more of a licence to go forward with Hunter playing in the hole behind Mullin and Duffy looks happier our wide-right

i just hope we start with that same team next week, then i think will get the result we need for the home leg

He could be our Roy Keane!!

Think we need PJ to work off Mullers. Too often nobody backing up BUT then again we got the result we needed.

Willow is far better in the back 4.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mfcbro » Sun May 09, 2010 6:41 pm

Cant see stanners having a scan tomorrow,its a hamstring injury.Told me last night out for about 2 weeks.
mfcbro

Return to General Discussion