Shots manager.

Shots manager.

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat May 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Just seen his confontration on football league show. What a .... Jim did right by doing what he did. Yes it was a bad tackle but he is a grown up and the player that got tackle is too. There was no need to react like they did. I find it pretty pathetic to be honest... Sorry about that but it really has angered me.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Re: Shots manager.

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat May 08, 2010 11:27 pm

The shots manager imo has disgraced himself. In the end tough tackles were flying in everywhere, throughout the game 4 of our players went down injured, you dont hear that sammy had a go at them do you. Not to mention the guy jim fouled had injured him earlier on with a kick to the back so jim was getting some payback. But the shots manager was bang out of order, made me angry too.
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Sammy h » Sat May 08, 2010 11:31 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Just seen his confontration on football league show. What a .... Jim did right by doing what he did. Yes it was a bad tackle but he is a grown up and the player that got tackle is too. There was no need to react like they did. I find it pretty pathetic to be honest... Sorry about that but it really has angered me.

He's jealous because were fourth.,
Sammy h

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat May 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Your right. He just made himself look stupid. All the people watching the football league show will all be thinking what a prat he looked...
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun May 09, 2010 8:08 am

The Aldershot player was just overeacting. It was really obvious. I don't think it was a nice challenge but for the manager to do that after a game is a disgrace. Aldershot fans don't seem to happy at Bentley :? :

http://www.shotsweb.co.uk/mb/viewtopic.php?t=23131
Little Shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun May 09, 2010 8:22 am

Don't you just love it how the aldershot fans are calling bentley fat :lol:
They obviously haven't seen theirbown striker who was twice the size of bentley.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun May 09, 2010 8:57 am

For all their moaning they didnt mention the fact that their captain charles should have been red carded for a two footed tackle in the first half close to the corner flag in front of the north stand! he didnt even get a booking for it and continued fouling all through the match. Blackburn saw that we could be their opponents and started kicking our lads. He had a go at Duffy, caught Wilson. Thought The Bently tackle looked worse because he was in so quick to win the ball! Their player just jumped up in the air then rolled about a bit he wasnt even treated by their physio. I dont think the shots want to face us in the final as they know we are better than them! Up the mighty shrimps!!!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Wild Bill » Sun May 09, 2010 9:05 am

Saw the interview last night and thought it was pretty funny the way Bentley dealt with it but it was hard to hear what was actually said with all the bleeping!

From where I was standing though it did look like a bit of a nasty challange, which could have easily seen him sent off and/or the player badly injured. If it was done in retaliation for an earlier challange then Bentley was out of order.

Still a legend though and it should be interesting if we meet the Shots again at Wembley!
Wild Bill

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun May 09, 2010 9:52 am

Got too say, i'm still raging :x :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:54 am

It was a really bad tackle by Bentley. A few minutes before the challenge Bentley himself was on the deck after a poor tackle by an Aldershot player. Was this the same plaer that Bentley went through the back of? 1-1 if you ask me, Aldershot need to get over it.
RedRedWine1

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun May 09, 2010 10:00 am

RedRedWine wrote:It was a really bad tackle by Bentley. A few minutes before the challenge Bentley himself was on the deck after a poor tackle by an Aldershot player. Was this the same plaer that Bentley went through the back of? 1-1 if you ask me, Aldershot need to get over it.

Yeah, it was a bad tackle. And yes it was the same player that put Jim on the floor. And it was the same player who had been fouling our defenders through the whole match and had been getting away with it everytime...
I also have to say that the Ref had a pretty bad game. Not the worst we have seen though.. :x
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby ockers » Sun May 09, 2010 10:24 am

Matty the Shrimp wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:It was a really bad tackle by Bentley. A few minutes before the challenge Bentley himself was on the deck after a poor tackle by an Aldershot player. Was this the same plaer that Bentley went through the back of? 1-1 if you ask me, Aldershot need to get over it.

Yeah, it was a bad tackle. And yes it was the same player that put Jim on the floor. And it was the same player who had been fouling our defenders through the whole match and had been getting away with it everytime...
I also have to say that the Ref had a pretty bad game. Not the worst we have seen though.. :x

it was Damien Spencer
he was interviewed by BBC Radio Surrey after the game
he was happy with the first half second half he said they let us in
no mention of the tackle in the interview
hes played a wembley playoff final before so a handy player to have

i must admit i winced at jims tackle but the ref was very quick to get the yellow card out and sort the situation straight away
ockers

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun May 09, 2010 10:41 am

Absolutely laughable comments on their messageboard. Yes it was a bad tackle, but they were guilty of some awful tackles too.
Morecambe Jack

Postby ichbeineinbarelaner » Sun May 09, 2010 10:55 am

The irony of aldershot callin us tinpot! Alanis morrisette would be proud of em!
ichbeineinbarelaner

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun May 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Jimbo is a lucky lad in my opinion. It looked a bad un' from the North Stand. Many refs would have been straight out with a red nowadays for that type of challenge and I'm sure we'd have been screaming for a red if it had happened to one of ours. Anyway you ride your luck, maybe it could be our year again.

Oh and by the way, that Kevin Dillon must be well ard squaring up to Jimbo like that. If there is one person you don't want to be doing that to then its probably Bentley. Must have been because he felt safe with the cameras running, must have s*** himself when Jim broke the interview off and went towards him to confront the abuse he was getting.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote: must have s*** himself when Jim broke the interview off and went towards him to confront the abuse he was getting.

... with his water bottle hidden behind his back! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby BLS BOY » Mon May 10, 2010 1:13 am

We all have differing views via a different position to how we saw the game.

Personally, that "tackle" was fine. The ref made a decision as a result of the fracas and reaction. Had he seen it properly you could clearly see Jim take 100% ball 0% man. But due to his momentum and the fact he is stronger than his opponent at the time then it looked at lot, lot worse than it actually was.

Personally, i don't fear anyone in these play offs! Lets have it!!!
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby Heysham_red » Mon May 10, 2010 8:19 am

BLS BOY wrote:...take 100% ball 0% man...

You must be thinking of a different tackle. Jim took the ball whilst going straight through the boys back. For me it was a red card and he is a lucky man. The reaction after was bound to happen because it was pretty close to the dugouts. Maybe Jim was thinking about his wedding on play off final day! ;)
Heysham_red

Postby Keith » Mon May 10, 2010 10:05 am

Heysham_red wrote:Maybe Jim was thinking about his wedding on play off final day! ;)

I was just going to post that...
Jimbo "I tried to get banned love, but he wouldn't send me off, so we'll just have to cancel the wedding..."
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Mon May 10, 2010 12:39 pm

I think Jim did get a bit of the ball but he went straight through the man to get it and I, too, think he was lucky not to get a red, irrespective of whatever went before.

I think Aldershot were probably also more annoyed because it was late on and, in all honesty, I think they had accepted the result by then and weren't flogging a gut to get back into it (both of us into the play-offs and just seeing the game out, avoiding injury or suspension). Then... whack!

Unlike Jim, though, and I'm glad he's still available for the play-offs.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby mfcbro » Mon May 10, 2010 1:17 pm

Thought that my self.Can you imagine the headline"Jimbos wedding tackle doesnt work"
mfcbro

Postby Jolly rog branch » Mon May 10, 2010 4:26 pm

what a terrible set of fans we are to suggest that our captain would try to get sent off in a VERY important game just so he could commit to his plans of being married on play off final day, TUT TUT TUT, I must admit i phoned one or two people to ask that very same question ha ha but even if he did surely the club would insist Jimbo was at the game anyway as club captain, certainly interesting either way i think !
Jolly rog branch

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon May 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Jolly rog branch wrote:what a terrible set of fans we are to suggest that our captain would try to get sent off in a VERY important game just so he could commit to his plans of being married on play off final day, TUT TUT TUT, I must admit i phoned one or two people to ask that very same question ha ha but even if he did surely the club would insist Jimbo was at the game anyway as club captain, certainly interesting either way i think !

If he really wanted a ban he had his excuse after the match. ;) If he could have caught KD as he was running off down the tunnel.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Keith » Mon May 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:
Jolly rog branch wrote:what a terrible set of fans we are to suggest that our captain would try to get sent off in a VERY important game just so he could commit to his plans of being married on play off final day, TUT TUT TUT, I must admit i phoned one or two people to ask that very same question ha ha but even if he did surely the club would insist Jimbo was at the game anyway as club captain, certainly interesting either way i think !

If he really wanted a ban he had his excuse after the match. ;) If he could have caught KD as he was running off down the tunnel.

LOL! Totally bizarre incident wasn't it. Pretty sure everyone was suggesting it tongue-in-cheek and that no one wants to lead the lads out at Wembley more than Jim himself!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mark S » Mon May 10, 2010 6:01 pm

mfcbro wrote:Thought that my self.Can you imagine the headline"Jimbos wedding tackle doesnt work"

:lol: :lol:
Mark S

Next

Return to General Discussion