Phil Jevons

Phil Jevons

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 09, 2010 8:31 am

Excellent news that Phil is to sign a contract.

For me we've missed his link up play with Mullers of late and it was apparent yesterday that Mullers missed having PJ working off him. All too often he won the ball but there was nobody close enough to capitalise.

I just hope he's available for the play offs 'cause we miss him.

As for their manager......OTT in my opinion.

Interestingly no mention on their Forum of the tackle(?) by Spencer on Jimbo that lead to Jim having to receive treatment.....
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Phil Jevons

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun May 09, 2010 8:37 am

I've said we would miss jevons if he was out. Everyone slated him and said that we didn't need him, yesterday it was apprent we did need him so it's great that he is going to sign :D

As for the tackle and the managers reaction. Bad tackle but only as bad as what spencer had been giving all match.. And the manager well what a pathetic little man. :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 09, 2010 9:11 am

ok ill bite ;)

not everyone just me and a handful of people, criticized his form and that his goals had dried up, now he's been out for a few weeks he may now have recharged his battery's

oh and this is the best bit.. we did'nt miss him we still carried onto the play-offs and 4th place without him ;)
George Dawes

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun May 09, 2010 9:14 am

Ok, but where do we normally rely on for goals? Set pieces and the goal machine Dave Artell.
We don't look threatening at all in open play and alot of our players are goal shy... At least Jevons does look threatening when he has a shot because 9 times out of ten he will get a good effort on goal.

I think what sammy does need to look at is someone like Marc Pugh, his mentality is exactly what we need in this side, with some players not afraid to have a crack i seriously think we could be aiming for automatic next year.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 09, 2010 9:25 am

i thought we looked good yesterday with Will Haining being the key man playing the holding role protecting the back four giving our midfielders more of a licence to go forward with Hunter playing in the hole behind Mullin and Duffy looks happier our wide-right

and i hope we start with that same team next week, i think will get the result we need for the home leg
George Dawes

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun May 09, 2010 9:29 am

I have to agree with you about Haining, i think he looks far more comfotable in the role he was playing yesterday than he does when playing centre back, he was solid.
Hunter just isn't the right kind of player to play on the wing so i think you have it spot on with saying he should play just off Mullin if Jevons isn't fit.
And Duffy, i thought he was great yesterday, there is nothing funnier than a small ginger lad ripping some massive afro man up into pieces, i thought his footwork was brilliant yesterday :D
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Sun May 09, 2010 9:41 am

Matty the Shrimp wrote:I have to agree with you about Haining, i think he looks far more comfotable in the role he was playing yesterday than he does when playing centre back, he was solid.
Hunter just isn't the right kind of player to play on the wing so i think you have it spot on with saying he should play just off Mullin if Jevons isn't fit.
And Duffy, i thought he was great yesterday, there is nothing funnier than a small ginger lad ripping some massive afro man up into pieces, i thought his footwork was brilliant yesterday :D

Sorry but Will Haining is probably the best and most composed centre - back in this league , with pace , good tackling and playing out of defence without hoofing.
parceldave

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun May 09, 2010 9:47 am

parceldave wrote:Sorry but Will Haining is probably the best and most composed centre - back in this league , with pace , good tackling and playing out of defence without hoofing.

But would you not agree that he looked damn good when he came on and played in that position?
I think it is fair to say that he should be in the team ahead of Jim and Artell, but he isn't... so why not give him a chance in the holding roll where he may be played constently? :P
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby marky » Sun May 09, 2010 9:49 am

Normally I'd agree, Dave, but Haining was a revelation in the holding role yesterday. He played the role that a fully fit and confident Panther would be able to. I also agree with all the comments re: Duffy. He was fantastic once he moved to the right and was my second choice for man of the match. Stewart Drummond didn't have a great game, though. There were times when he looked a little lost but hopefully it was just one game.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 09, 2010 9:51 am

parceldave wrote:
Sorry but Will Haining is probably the best and most composed centre - back in this league , with pace , good tackling and playing out of defence without hoofing.

thing is Dave Artell & Bentley for me have been a good partnership of late and i wouldn't break them up just for Haining although i must admit is better than any of them two as a defender by a long shot

with Stanley now injured he's the only anser to hold midfield as am not convinced yet with Manny Panther for our next 2/3 crucial games
Last edited by George Dawes on Sun May 09, 2010 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby parceldave » Sun May 09, 2010 9:53 am

Matty the Shrimp wrote:
parceldave wrote:Sorry but Will Haining is probably the best and most composed centre - back in this league , with pace , good tackling and playing out of defence without hoofing.

But would you not agree that he looked damn good when he came on and played in that position?
I think it is fair to say that he should be in the team ahead of Jim and Artell, but he isn't... so why not give him a chance in the holding roll where he may be played constently? :P

Yep, but he is such a quality player i think he would be able to play anywhere BUT, i think his best position is centre back :D , and i agree with you about Duffy and Gaz. ;)
parceldave

Return to General Discussion