our luck must chance some time soon a lot better today than the Rotherham game
heysham_mfc

Re: we WILL beat Dagenham

Postby badger » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:22 am

we dont need luck we need a new team.
badger

Postby Number 1 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:34 am

badger wrote:we dont need luck we need a new team.

What a great post. Shows a really constructive way in which the current team doesn't perform and proposes able alternatives.

W Image
Number 1

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:21 am

badger wrote:we dont need luck we need a new team.

bless.
campdave

Postby badger » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:41 am

hello number1. I was only joking, it's my sense of humour.
In my opinion we are going to miss carl baker.we dont have anyone with the skills / flair to take defenders on. I think we have got to get stanley back asap.i also think playing with Blink's and Howe up front means we are going to see more boring long ball game which is not nice to watch.

EVERY TEAM NEEDS A CARL BAKER IN IT'S SIDE.
badger

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:40 am

badger wrote:

EVERY TEAM NEEDS A CARL BAKER IN IT'S SIDE.

Like when we were performing poorly at the end of last season, with him in the side?
campdave

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:21 am

I think what Badger means is that every team needs a flair player, someone who creates that little bit of magic, that can make space for themselves and inject a bit of pace into a game. Sure Carl baker wasn't consistent, but as we always keep saying, if the likes of him and Thommo were consistant they would not have been with us and would have had very diferent careers.

From what I've seen so far this season no one has shown that bit of flair yet, except maybe Curtis, that is really worrying, it either says that Sammy is for whatever reason not picking players that can inject that bit of flair or that the players that have shown some flair in training are not then transfering that into competetive games.

I'd like to think it was the latter because Sammy is not stupid and would not comprimise his football over a player squabble.

So... If Stanley isn't performing in training, pull your socks up lad because on your best days you have that flair to impact on a game and there are alot fans that would like to see you back. The same goes for Drummy and any other player that thinks they should be starting, prove it to Sammy beyond any question.

On the other hand, we could of course say that we just don't have the players any more that can really make an individual impact on a game. If that is the case then we sure need to get this defence right and keep our shape in the midfield so that we have a decent platform for the likes of Howe and Blinkhorn to build from because their style does not suit long balls!

Still too early to be calling for heads to roll and still to early to be wrigting off the whole season but if there is no signs of progress or improvement within the next 3 games my attitude will change!
North Stand Shrimp

Return to General Discussion