peter mcguigan

peter mcguigan

Postby al1 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:55 pm

just like to register my thanks to our chairman,without whom all this would not have been possible.peter must be the best chairman that any club could have.surely some part of the globe arena should be named after him.
al1

Re: peter mcguigan

Postby Stanley Bowles » Fri May 07, 2010 9:30 pm

The Shrimps are lucky to have such dedicated chairman , who i would say is a supporter like ourselves too :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat May 08, 2010 7:35 am

al1 wrote:just like to register my thanks to our chairman,without whom all this would not have been possible.peter must be the best chairman that any club could have.surely some part of the globe arena should be named after him.

Agreed! The guy is an utter legend. We wouldn't be where we are today without him, simple as. All the directors do an enormous amount for the club but it is Mr McGuigan who has the clout to keep us progressing. He does not seem to court personal publicity, he just gets on with it behind the scenes to magnificent effect. Whether he would want something naming after him, who knows? He certainly deserves it, but he may be embarrased about it, feeling that we are where we are because of all the directors not just himself.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby taz » Sat May 08, 2010 7:40 am

al1 wrote:just like to register my thanks to our chairman,without whom all this would not have been possible.peter must be the best chairman that any club could have.surely some part of the globe arena should be named after him.
Yes, thank you Mr McGuigan.Plans have been put forward for the main stand to be named after him.
taz

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat May 08, 2010 9:25 am

yes thank you!
heysham_mfc

Postby Chris » Sat May 08, 2010 10:00 pm

yeah well done to the board, sammy and the boys for a wonderful effort. the supporters 2. lets hope we move into the football league in a commercial capacity in the new stadium, as well as league 1. it's been very poor. you've missed a trick
Chris

Postby abc123 » Sat May 08, 2010 10:11 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:

Agreed! The guy is an utter legend. We wouldn't be where we are today without him, simple as. All the directors do an enormous amount for the club but it is Mr McGuigan who has the clout to keep us progressing. He does not seem to court personal publicity, he just gets on with it behind the scenes to magnificent effect. Whether he would want something naming after him, who knows? He certainly deserves it, but he may be embarrased about it, feeling that we are where we are because of all the directors not just himself.

Absolutely, in fact you could not wish for for a better board :D
abc123

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Good to see our Chairman on the field after the game congratulating each and every one of the players.

Since taking over the club have grown in stature and it's all credit to him as well as his team on the Board.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun May 09, 2010 7:56 am

Didn't realise till I read todays programme that before joining us he was offered a directorship at Lancaster City. I think it was Jeff Udall mentioned who persuaded him to come to us instead. Thank you Mr Udall a thousand times, it could have all been so different if he had gone to Lancaster.

Where would the respective clubs have been now? Morecambe v Lancaster in the Conference National might have been the case.
Burnley Shrimp

Return to General Discussion