Saturday

Saturday

Postby Plain Peter » Tue May 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Sounds a doddle dunt it?
'shots are there, so it's a nothing game to them.
However, I reckon if there is one team they want to avoid in the play-offs it's 'Shrimps'.
What better way of doing that than by playing with freedom on Saturday, and knicking it!
Hope it don't come to that, but we all know what complacency did!
Biggest game in't history of Morecambe FC.
Plain Peter

Re: Saturday

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Peter wrote:Sounds a doddle dunt it?
'shots are there, so it's a nothing game to them.
However, I reckon if there is one team they want to avoid in the play-offs it's 'Shrimps'.
What better way of doing that than by playing with freedom on Saturday, and knicking it!
Hope it don't come to that, but we all know what complacency did!
Biggest game in't history of Morecambe FC.

Don't need to speculate, it's been confirmend by more than a few Shot fans that they wouldn't fancy playing us in the play-offs.

So, assuming that that applies to their manangement, Saturday isn't going to be taken by them as a 'just another game'. They will be out for a win PLUS if we do meet in the play-offs the psychological benefit of having beaten us the week before MAY come into play..and vice versa of course.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Plain Peter » Tue May 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Exactly CC, very sound words.
Plain Peter

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Peter wrote:Exactly CC, very sound words.

Steady on Peter, I'm not used to such compliments... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Christies Child

Postby Plain Peter » Tue May 04, 2010 5:00 pm

Christies Child wrote:

They're only from me, so don't get carried away ;)
Plain Peter

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Peter wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

They're only from me, so don't get carried away ;)

Sh*t..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Tue May 04, 2010 5:11 pm

There are still so many permutations it could make your head spin!

Would Aldershot prefer us to be in the play offs rather than Port Vale? Up to last weekend Vale were on a good run of form and would be my favourite for the play off if they were to make it ahead of us (Rotherham, Aldershot, Dagenham/Bury & Port Vale?)

An Aldershot draw or win may result in playing Dagenham & Redbridge in the semi... or Bury... or Port Vale... or us...

An Aldershot defeat would mean they play either us or Rotherham.

In other words, I don't think Aldershot will be thinking too far ahead of Saturday either. The only thing is, they may choose to try out a different line up. This would have two benefits to them. Firstly they rest players and give lads who've been on the bench a good run but more importantly (for them) they get to see us 'close up' while we don't get to see their preferred starting line up. If we then play them twice more in quick succession, that may be a useful advantage.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Plain Peter » Tue May 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Keith wrote:In other words, I don't think Aldershot will be thinking too far ahead of Saturday either. The only thing is, they may choose to try out a different line up. This would have two benefits to them. Firstly they rest players and give lads who've been on the bench a good run but more importantly (for them) they get to see us 'close up' while we don't get to see their preferred starting line up. If we then play them twice more in quick succession, that may be a useful advantage.

Jeffrey Archer could make a few quid out of this!
He's got 3 days left!!
If I were 'shots though I'd want to play my cards and keep a winning team to keep on winning.
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Tue May 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Peter wrote:
Keith wrote:In other words, I don't think Aldershot will be thinking too far ahead of Saturday either. The only thing is, they may choose to try out a different line up. This would have two benefits to them. Firstly they rest players and give lads who've been on the bench a good run but more importantly (for them) they get to see us 'close up' while we don't get to see their preferred starting line up. If we then play them twice more in quick succession, that may be a useful advantage.

If I were 'shots though I'd want to play my cards and keep a winning team to keep on winning.

I wouldn't disagree with that logic either! We just need to concentrate on getting at least one point, beyond that, who cares right now? :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Plain Peter » Tue May 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Keith wrote:I wouldn't disagree with that logic either! We just need to concentrate on getting at least one point, beyond that, who cares right now? :D

Rock-on 8-)
Plain Peter

Postby morecambe mick » Tue May 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Keith wrote:
Peter wrote:

I wouldn't disagree with that logic either! We just need to concentrate on getting at least one point, beyond that, who cares right now? :D

Me, Keith.
For purely selfish reasons :!:
morecambe mick

Postby Money Shot » Tue May 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi, I'm looking forward to this game and our Manager Kevin Dillon has stated he will put out his strongest team. I think we have a fully fit squad and no suspensions, so there will be no chance of us taken it easy.

Will we win? It's hard to say, we've won 8 on the road this season, but I don't think we ever have won at Christie Park. Perhaps hopefully, history will change and we'll taint your party.

We beat you 4-1 at our place this season, a result which in a way flattered us and not such a trouncing as it seems. Since that game Kevin Dillon has improved the team in all departments, defence, midfield and forwards, so I'm pretty confident we can get a result.

Again I'm looking forward to Saturday and glad the Shots can be there to witness your last league game at Christie Park.
Money Shot

Postby halftimeresults » Tue May 04, 2010 9:04 pm

Money Shot wrote:Hi, I'm looking forward to this game and our Manager Kevin Dillon has stated he will put out his strongest team. I think we have a fully fit squad and no suspensions, so there will be no chance of us taken it easy.

Will we win? It's hard to say, we've won 8 on the road this season, but I don't think we ever have won at Christie Park. Perhaps hopefully, history will change and we'll taint your party.

We beat you 4-1 at our place this season, a result which in a way flattered us and not such a trouncing as it seems. Since that game Kevin Dillon has improved the team in all departments, defence, midfield and forwards, so I'm pretty confident we can get a result.

Again I'm looking forward to Saturday and glad the Shots can be there to witness your last league game at Christie Park.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
can you play this guy
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... s%3Disch:1
halftimeresults

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue May 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Yes, play Dean Howell. It's always easier playing against 10 men ;)
Crooky MFC

Postby Money Shot » Tue May 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Haha, I don't think Dean will make the squad or even the bench.

I gather he wasn't well taken to at Chistie Park. Dean has not long come back from long term injury and has just began featuring in the reserves and I believe he has just had one appearence off the bench where he scored a real cracking goal against Rotherham

Personally I don't think Dean deserves all the stick he gets, I have seen him play some good games and these have been when he has been playing out of his normal position.

Anyhow you should know what happens when a player returns to a former club, they go and score ;)
Money Shot

Postby halftimeresults » Tue May 04, 2010 9:18 pm

Are we talking about the same guy here? :lol:
His Barn door is fecking spotless
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... s%3Disch:1
Last edited by halftimeresults on Tue May 04, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halftimeresults

Postby shrimper » Tue May 04, 2010 9:20 pm

I've seen him play a few great games (including when he wiped the floor with Oleg Luzhny in a pre-season friendly when we walloped Wolves 6-1). Then he gets a contract and seems to go AWOL. Very, very quick but that's about it.

Anyway, I think (see 'stop it' thread) this will be a very tough game for us and I'll be mightily relieved if we can get through it.

Have a good day anyway, hope the result does us a favour.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby EDD » Tue May 04, 2010 9:26 pm

The 2nd worst player I have seen in a Morecambe shirt,

The 1st going to Simon Hackney.

His effort at the Bradford City game was shocking...
MFC's Only

Morecambe FC / Bradford Park Avenue FC

Supporter
EDD

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue May 04, 2010 9:36 pm

EDD wrote:The 2nd worst player I have seen in a Morecambe shirt,

The 1st going to Simon Hackney.

His effort at the Bradford City game was shocking...

L O L

Guess you don't get to many home games then.
Crooky MFC

Postby EDD » Tue May 04, 2010 9:41 pm

Why...

Was he any better...?
MFC's Only

Supporter
EDD

Postby Keith » Tue May 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Alan Morgan? Graham Gill?

Dean Howell is up there but Hackney is a long way short of a nightmare line up!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby EDD » Tue May 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Fair enough..

Ok only judging him on one game, I will admit.

But his sheer effort, or should I say lack of it was almost unreal, Was'nt he subbed if i rightly recall.
MFC's Only

Supporter
EDD

Postby CASS » Tue May 04, 2010 9:53 pm

:? Medowcroft...Stands a chance
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Keith » Tue May 04, 2010 9:58 pm

we'd better be careful how big we make the list... they may be there on Saturday! :lol: 8-)

Keith
Site Admin

Postby halftimeresults » Tue May 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Leighton James was the worst to play for the shrimps.
halftimeresults

Next

Return to General Discussion