Some Shot fans having second thoughts...

Some Shot fans having second thoughts...

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 04, 2010 6:48 pm

...about coming up for the game due to the fact that a number are concerned that they will not get in.

Wouldn't it have been better to have provided them with tickets for their end rather than to have to pay on the day in hindsight?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Some Shot fans having second thoughts...

Postby Plain Peter » Tue May 04, 2010 6:59 pm

If 'shots and Shrimps meet in the play-off semis the demand is bound to exceed supply by 1000s.
Two relatively low capacity grounds.
Maybe it'll be a case of no away fans, or perhaps both legs being played at neutral, bigger grounds, Deepdale & Scumampton?
Plain Peter

Postby steve mfc » Tue May 04, 2010 7:01 pm

It would have been better to make it tickets for them if only for their peace of mind, personally i don't think they have anything to worry about i cant see any of our supporters trying to get in the away end. I don't suppose they will bring that many now, not with a strong possibility that they will be paying us another visit in the playoffs.
steve mfc

Postby halftimeresults » Tue May 04, 2010 7:04 pm

Peter wrote:If 'shots and Shrimps meet in the play-off semis the demand is bound to exceed supply by 1000s.
Two relatively low capacity grounds.
Maybe it'll be a case of no away fans, or perhaps both legs being played at neutral, bigger grounds, Deepdale & Scumampton?

Why play at Deepdale with our home record?
halftimeresults

Postby Morecambe FC » Tue May 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Christies Child wrote:...about coming up for the game due to the fact that a number are concerned that they will not get in.

Wouldn't it have been better to have provided them with tickets for their end rather than to have to pay on the day in hindsight?

Neil,

it doesn't matter which way around this has been done. We may have offered the option of pre sales, but however many away tickets that had not been sold, would have gone on sale on the day of the match.

They know the capacity of the South Stand is close to 1,000, there have been no pre sales and we, as a Club don't have any sort of reputation for trouble. All of Lingwoods men who patrol the away end are local, therefore any home fans who may be tempted, because of no tickets elsewhere, to watch from the South Stand run the risk of being spotted and ejected.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby NeilG » Tue May 04, 2010 8:02 pm

It would have been better to make it tickets for them if only for their peace of mind

I agree with this, why were tickets not given to Aldershot for this match when it was almost certain the home areas would sell out ? It's a long way to travel and it's the least we could do to put them at ease. Local stewards knowing who's who is a bit naive bordering on BS :?
NeilG

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:15 pm

Was it almost certain? I seem to remember sales being sluggish until our form picked up and we headed towards the play-offs. Since the Dagneham home game we've shifted over 1,000 tickets in the North Stand area of the ground alone.
RedRedWine1

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue May 04, 2010 8:44 pm

don't think they need to worry unless all the car wash tickets are gone and there is still a big demand for tickets
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:01 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:don't think they need to worry unless all the car wash tickets are gone and there is still a big demand for tickets

So are you saying they need to worry then?

Quite an interesting thread from the Shots perspective:

"Morecambe dont have a mob"

"I have just phoned Morecambe FC and they have sold out the home allocation but promised me that there will not be any home support in the away end. They are aware that a lot of Shots fans are worried about this and have hired a local security company to help out. Aldershot FC have advised Morecambe that they are expecting about 300 Shots fans to make the journey and they have allocated us the whole terrace which holds 980, She also hopes we field a weakened team as our place in the play offs is secure. So get your beachwares ready and party on !! "

http://www.shotsweb.co.uk/mb/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby bigreddog » Wed May 05, 2010 3:11 pm

If any shots fans are having second thoughts CC, I don't think it will have anything to do with ticket allocation or any other such ethereal thoughts you might have.

could it be that they are watching the pennies because they might have to come all the way back up here very shortly? don't forget other people are dreaming of/planning for the W-word too
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Christies Child » Wed May 05, 2010 3:25 pm

bigreddog wrote:If any shots fans are having second thoughts CC, I don't think it will have anything to do with ticket allocation or any other such ethereal thoughts you might have.

could it be that they are watching the pennies because they might have to come all the way back up here very shortly? don't forget other people are dreaming of/planning for the W-word too

Suggest you see the link above.

I still think it would have been the most logical thing to do to have given them their full Umbro allocation for sale down there and therefore, in my opinion remove any confusion or worry on their part.

But others and more importantly the powers that be feel otherwise, which is fine. Our Commercial team have done a bloody marvellous job and deserve congratulations in having ensured a 'home fans sell out' with just over 72 hours to go. Absolutely delighted!

:D :D :D
Christies Child

Postby bigreddog » Wed May 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Christies Child wrote:
bigreddog wrote:If any shots fans are having second thoughts CC, I don't think it will have anything to do with ticket allocation or any other such ethereal thoughts you might have.

Suggest you see the link above.

I still think it would have been the most logical thing to do to have given them their full Umbro allocation for sale down there and therefore, in my opinion remove any confusion or worry on their part.

But others and more importantly the powers that be feel otherwise, which is fine. Our Commercial team have done a bloody marvellous job and deserve congratulations in having ensured a 'home fans sell out' with just over 72 hours to go. Absolutely delighted!
:D :D :D

fabulous. I'm sure they're delighted that you're delighted. Otherwise that might have blighted a potentially wonderful weekend.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:36 pm

bigreddog wrote:ethereal

What a great word that is! Are you saying CC comes out with volatile thoughts :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Wed May 05, 2010 3:47 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
bigreddog wrote:ethereal

What a great word that is! Are you saying CC comes out with volatile thoughts :lol:

I prefer the 'heavonly' description if I'm honest.... ;)
Christies Child

Postby Curly » Wed May 05, 2010 4:24 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:don't think they need to worry unless all the car wash tickets are gone and there is still a big demand for tickets

"I have just phoned Morecambe FC and they have sold out the home allocation but promised me that there will not be any home support in the away end. They are aware that a lot of Shots fans are worried about this and have hired a local security company to help out. Aldershot FC have advised Morecambe that they are expecting about 300 Shots fans to make the journey and they have allocated us the whole terrace which holds 980, She also hopes we field a weakened team as our place in the play offs is secure. So get your beachwares ready and party on !! "

I doubt any security firm could keep out every home fan with no ticket, who's determined
to get into the match. :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed May 05, 2010 9:08 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

na just as long as they have £13 and 3 points for us i'm sure it will be fine ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed May 05, 2010 10:50 pm

If i did not have a ticket for saturday, i would memorise a southern postcode, and walk into the away end and just pay in, no probz, there will be no trouble, but i am sure there will be mfc fans in the away end, we are a peaceful bunch in general, should have been all ticket though really :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Dragofly » Wed May 05, 2010 11:03 pm

I have a freind who has been down south and he has advised me on how to blend in.
Attachments
Aldershot fan disguise.PNG
Aldershot fan disguise.PNG (107.97 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
Dragofly

Postby Aspers » Wed May 05, 2010 11:04 pm

My postcode is
NSW 2017.
Not much further South than that.
Aspers

Postby Keith » Thu May 06, 2010 6:26 am

Aspers wrote:My postcode is
NSW 2017.
Not much further South than that.

New Zealand post code?

BAA 1
BAA 2
BAA 3...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby trojan » Thu May 06, 2010 11:41 am

Could also be an I.O.M. postcode as well those Keith?
trojan

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:22 pm

Dragofly wrote:I have a freind who has been down south and he has advised me on how to blend in.

If this doesn't work you'll have to step it up a gear, lording it around and shouting "COME N GET YA PEANUTS" should do the trick.
RedRedWine1

Postby Keith » Thu May 06, 2010 1:52 pm

trojan wrote:Could also be an I.O.M. postcode as well those Keith?

Nah, the sheep speak Gaelic over here yesser!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Aspers » Thu May 06, 2010 2:35 pm

I have some friends who speak gaylick ;)
Aspers

Return to General Discussion