Ticket prices for Bury Game

Ticket prices for Bury Game

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:51 pm

Is the Bury game pay on the day or ticket only its been a while since i last visited gigg lane probably in the late 70s when blackburn won promotion
Blackburn shrimp

Re: Ticket prices for Bury Game

Postby Mark S » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:08 pm

It was pay on the day last season, but they do a great deal on family tickets (starting at one adult and one child) so worth getting there a little early.
Mark S

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Cheers for that Mark i seem to remember that the ground is in a resedential area so car parking shouldnt be to much of a problem
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Elton White » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:25 pm

Pay on the day still, guys. It's £15 for adults and £10 for everyone else.
They've scrapped the family tickets in the east (away) and west stands, so don't count on a cheaper deal if you're bringing kids. Family tickets are only available in the family stand area of the main stand for Bury fans.

http://www.buryfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/TicketsAtHome/0,,10422,00.html

Here's the link if you need it.

Enjoy your day. Come in the Waterloo pub in between Bury and Gigg lane for a pint or two before the match for a bit of banter if you're up for it, but don't expect anything less than 3 points for the Shakers!!!
Elton White

Postby Mark S » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:31 pm

Elton White wrote:Pay on the day still, guys. It's £15 for adults and £10 for everyone else.
They've scrapped the family tickets in the east (away) and west stands, so don't count on a cheaper deal if you're bringing kids. Family tickets are only available in the family stand area of the main stand for Bury fans.

Enjoy your day. Come in the Waterloo pub in between Bury and Gigg lane for a pint or two before the match for a bit of banter if you're up for it, but don't expect anything less than 3 points for the Shakers!!!

Pretty sure that is against regulations and they ahve to match prices for home and away.

If I was taking my Son again tomorrow (which unfortunately I am not) I would buy the family ticket and get transferred if that was the case. Will be very surprised if they are not doing this tomorrow.
Mark S

Postby Shrimpman » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:32 pm

£10.00 is very steep for kids :x , it makes it a very expensive day out, (are you Bradford in disguise?)
Shrimpman

Postby Elton White » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:37 pm

Mark S wrote:
Elton White wrote:Pay on the day still, guys. It's £15 for adults and £10 for everyone else.

Pretty sure that is against regulations and they ahve to match prices for home and away.

If I was taking my Son again tomorrow (which unfortunately I am not) I would buy the family ticket and get transferred if that was the case. Will be very surprised if they are not doing this tomorrow.

You're right but wrong.
Ticket prices have to be the same in comparable seating, which is why Bury FC stopped family tickets in the west stand, so they could also stop them in the east stand (away end).
If the away end was part of the south stand, then Bury FC would be breaking regulations.
Don't feel too bad, I'm paying £20 for me and £12 each for the kids next week at Crotchfail!!!
Now, that IS rediculous!!!
Elton White

Postby Phoenix » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:05 am

Maybe I'm mis-reading this, I usually do, but it's a Family section so aren't all supporters with families entitled to use it?
Phoenix

Postby Keithh » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:43 am

Just be aware as well guys that some parking restrictions have been brought in around Gigg this season. Check for residents only signs around the parkhills road area. Nearer to Gigg is ok so I think the nearer you get the better.

Swan and Cemm on Manchester road (Manchester side of ground) is a good pub with friendly locals and away fans welcome as well. Lots of decent little boozers and you should find that you are welcome in all of them. Enjoy (but not too much)
Keithh

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:44 am

Shrimpman wrote:£10.00 is very steep for kids :x , it makes it a very expensive day out, (are you Bradford in disguise?)

it says its £7 for kids in my guide to prem and FL grounds book
heysham_mfc

Postby Elton White » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:52 am

Phoenix wrote:Maybe I'm mis-reading this, I usually do, but it's a Family section so aren't all supporters with families entitled to use it?

No one will stop you, but do you want to watch the game with around 800 Bury fans, mostly gobby youths?
Elton White

Postby Phoenix » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:54 am

mostly gobby youths?

Is that the definition of a Bury family ;) :lol:
Phoenix

Postby Elton White » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:55 am

Phoenix wrote:
mostly gobby youths?

Is that the definition of a Bury family ;) :lol:

lol :lol:
Elton White

Postby Shrimpman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:57 am

heysham_mfc wrote:
Shrimpman wrote:£10.00 is very steep for kids :x , it makes it a very expensive day out, (are you Bradford in disguise?)

it says its £7 for kids in my guide to prem and FL grounds book

link from the website
http://www.buryfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ ... 22,00.html

although last season it was misleading regarding the"family tickets"
Shrimpman

Return to General Discussion