Out of contract players

Out of contract players

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:31 pm

An article in tonights LEP was about the PNE manager already discussing contracts with possible new signings.

Am i right in my thinking that any player out of contract at the end of that season can start to look around and be open to discussions from prospective clubs in January.

If so, then no doubt Sammy (and other L2 Managers) are already on the path of potential signings.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Out of contract players

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:08 pm

its actually any player with 6 months remaining on there contract!! I am 99.9% this is correct!
thegentlegiant

Postby The Marksman » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:11 am

For domestic transfers, you can open negotiations with a player 6 weeks before their contract runs out.

For international transfers, you can open negotiations with a player 6 months before their contract runs out.
The Marksman

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:03 am

thegentlegiant wrote:its actually any player with 6 months remaining on there contract!! I am 99.9% this is correct!

0.1% correct then Sam :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:37 am

marky No.1 wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:its actually any player with 6 months remaining on there contract!! I am 99.9% this is correct!

Ooh, Marky, that's a bit harsh...

The Marksman wrote:For international transfers, you can open negotiations with a player 6 months before their contract runs out.

You could have given him 50% correct! :lol:

Actually, I would say that about 97% of all professional footballers in the world are not registered to the English FA which means that Sam was only out by 2.9% :geek: :ugeek: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:46 pm

Keith wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

Ooh, Marky, that's a bit harsh...

The Marksman wrote:For international transfers, you can open negotiations with a player 6 months before their contract runs out.

You could have given him 50% correct! :lol:

Actually, I would say that about 97% of all professional footballers in the world are not registered to the English FA which means that Sam was only out by 2.9% :geek: :ugeek: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith, are you saying that most of our transfers are classed as being International rather than domestic? :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:26 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Keith, are you saying that most of our transfers are classed as being International rather than domestic? :o

That's far too sensible a reply and beyond even my sarcasm...

Bottom fart
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion