Globe Arena: food outlets in new Main Stand

Globe Arena: food outlets in new Main Stand

Postby Crazeenick » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:17 am

I gather that there will be a fancy bar/lounge in the Main Stand at the Globe where you can have food as well as drinks. Presumably this is more of a sit-down meal type of thing?

But what about people who just want pie & chips or a burger and a brew at half-time? Does anyone know if there will also be the more usual type of food/drink kiosks in the Main Stand serving that sort of stuff?
Crazeenick

Re: Globe Arena: food outlets in new Main Stand

Postby Christies Child » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:25 am

If you have a look at the ground floor plan you will see that in the area after entry that their is a catering outlet which will no doubt be selling the usual Pie / Peas / Chips....hopefully from our existing supplier and NOT from the Pucka Pie brigade which can't compare with our 'home grown' pies.

I assume there will be a Bar in the same area to buy the more traditional pint.

:) :) :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Crazeenick » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 am

Thanks CC - sounds good :D
Crazeenick

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:04 am

"hopefully from our existing supplier and NOT from the Pucka Pie brigade which can't compare with our 'home grown' pies."

I hope so but am not holding out much hope.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:29 am

Hope your right don't want any of that crap they serve up at most grounds these days
heysham_mfc

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:52 am

Pukka Pies are awful. The pastry is a floppy mess, no crust to be seen!
RedRedWine1

Postby Mark S » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:56 am

Serious question on behalf of the new caterers for the ground. What would you like to see on offer at the ground outlets?

What type of food and refreshments. Great opportunity to help create the menu.
Mark S

Postby Keith » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:57 am

it would be a shame if we were to lose our reputation for having such excellent, good value food when we move, the catering was something that I didn't feel needs much improvement! :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Weetabix Kid » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:46 pm

My only grump with the catering was they were a bit stingy with the gravy. More gravy please as 'Northern boys love gravy!!'
Weetabix Kid

Postby Christies Child » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Do I speak for everybody when I ask that the present 'in-house' caterers are given the opportunity to continue to supply their more than satisfied customers?

Let's be unique and stay loyal to those local suppliers who have served us well over the years rather than change to the usual expensive crap dished out at other clubs ie Pucka Pies etc.

I realise that the outlets are there to make money but by staying loyal to locally based providers we might just be saving a local business and its employees.
Christies Child

Postby abc123 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:25 pm

Anything has to be an improvement on the current van in the Car Wash :( . They've run out of milk, water, (yes water!) pies, more times that not, usually before half time too.
abc123

Postby alwaysright » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:58 pm

I went to the van on the car wash10 mins before half time on saturday, no pies no buns for hot dogs, ended up getting a so called cheese burger that was tasteless, complete waste of money !!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby Harry » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Christies Child wrote:Do I speak for everybody when I ask that the present 'in-house' caterers are given the opportunity to continue to supply their more than satisfied customers?

Let's be unique and stay loyal to those local suppliers who have served us well over the years rather than change to the usual expensive crap dished out at other clubs ie Pucka Pies etc.

I realise that the outlets are there to make money but by staying loyal to locally based providers we might just be saving a local business and its employees.

Agreed! Don't want the soggy burgers and hot dogs I ingested at the likes of Cheltenham and Bournemouth, our refreshments are top notch.
Harry

Postby George Dawes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:50 pm

id like a restaurant with al le cart food where you can sit down and relax with a fine wine on menu
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:10 pm

DawZi wrote:id like a restaurant with al le cart food where you can sit down and relax with a fine wine on menu

Sounds like another potential customer for the Wright and Lord Exec Suite.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

See you there.... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:16 pm

We've changed to and from different pie supplies over the recent years, but always used a local company. Wouldn't like to see that changed. The burger inbetween the north stand and the carwash side is a bit hit and miss. Not a fan of the rat burgers! Giant sausage rolls wod go down well.
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Christies Child wrote:
DawZi wrote:id like a restaurant with al le cart food where you can sit down and relax with a fine wine on menu

Sounds like another potential customer for the Wright and Lord Exec Suite.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

See you there.... :?: :?: :?:

only joking am a pie & mash man myself :P
George Dawes

Postby halftimeresults » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Mark S wrote:Serious question on behalf of the new caterers for the ground. What would you like to see on offer at the ground outlets?

What type of food and refreshments. Great opportunity to help create the menu.

donner kabab flavour pot noodle
the taste sensation
halftimeresults

Postby Keith » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:41 pm

I always enjoy the pie, peas & gravy on the North Stand, washed down with a Boveril.

Obviously, when I can't get to a game and am following it on the internet, I have pie & peas!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:20 pm

Harry wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Do I speak for everybody when I ask that the present 'in-house' caterers are given the opportunity to continue to supply their more than satisfied customers?

Agreed! Don't want the soggy burgers and hot dogs I ingested at the likes of Cheltenham and Bournemouth, our refreshments are top notch.

second that
heysham_mfc

Postby Bradford_Shrimp » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:27 pm

IMO very important that we keep our suppliers local. And I think we should make every effort to keep our current suppliers. A Pie and gravy...a proper M&P pie, with identifiable meat and chunks of potato, and a good crust, smothered in that thick meaty gravy is a treat at CP. Other mass market pie suppiers are simply no where near, and I can't think of any other football ground where the quality of the food comes close. Not for nothing did Potts Pies win, I seem to recall, best pies in the football league. So lets keep it local!!
Bradford_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Bradford_Shrimp wrote:IMO very important that we keep our suppliers local. And I think we should make every effort to keep our current suppliers. A Pie and gravy...a proper M&P pie, with identifiable meat and chunks of potato, and a good crust, smothered in that thick meaty gravy is a treat at CP. Other mass market pie suppiers are simply no where near, and I can't think of any other football ground where the quality of the food comes close. Not for nothing did Potts Pies win, I seem to recall, best pies in the football league. So lets keep it local!!

oh hell aye lad, it's reet enough meat & tatty like proper Northerner's :P
George Dawes

Postby Crazeenick » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:57 pm

I fully agree with all the above comments. Keep with locally produced food. I have always loved the pie/chips/peas/gravy from the North Stand food bar - great stuff - more than happy to stick with the same suppliers - none of that mass-produced tosh (eg Pukka Pies etc).

As for the Wright & Lord Suite - hope they will do good prawn sandwiches :lol: :lol:
Crazeenick

Postby Crazeenick » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:58 pm

I fully agree with all the above comments. Keep with locally produced food. I have always loved the pie/chips/peas/gravy from the North Stand food bar - great stuff - more than happy to stick with the same suppliers - none of that mass-produced tosh (eg Pukka Pies etc).

As for the Wright & Lord Suite - hope they will do good prawn sandwiches :lol: :lol:

Er - that was my twin - he always agrees with everything I say :roll:
Crazeenick

Postby Bare bum » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

IMO very important that we keep our suppliers local. And I think we should make every effort to keep our current suppliers. A Pie and gravy...a proper M&P pie, with identifiable meat and chunks of potato, and a good crust, smothered in that thick meaty gravy is a treat at CP. Other mass market pie suppiers are simply no where near, and I can't think of any other football ground where the quality of the food comes close. Not for nothing did Potts Pies win, I seem to recall, best pies in the football league. So lets keep it local!!

Absolutely! It would be very disapointing to be offered mass produced football fare. I've heard that the present pie, peas and gravy caterers are choosing to finish at the end of the season (not under pressure from the club), so I hope their replacements note how popular they were (and how successful). It would be superb if they sourced the same local suppliers for match days.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Next

Return to General Discussion