Season Tickets?

Re: Season Tickets?

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:08 pm

who else is tempted to go in block C just to try it out :?:
heysham_mfc

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:44 pm

skyecat wrote:I'm liking the look of the prices - but are there any "payment plans"?
I am in the situation through other commitments with work etc where I can only get to about 15 home games in a season which makes the season ticket not worthwhile, but the life season ticket is a possiblity - but not all in one go!
Any information on this will be gratefully received.

Thanks

agreed i am interested in the lifetime tickets but is the a price plan we can opt in too, would be great to brake up the price!!
thegentlegiant

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Bit of an elitist scheme going on with this season ticketing system, based on me taking my twelve year old son.

If i bought a family season ticket (1 adult, 1 child) to stand on the halfway line (north terrace, uncovered) £246

very good value.

family section in the main stand, bit restricted view wise, but at least you are covered, a still reasonable £312

section c (c for champagne :?: ) no concessions, so my son and i pay £680!! early bird!! so we can pay more for food and drink at half time, same view as the north terrace, nearly 3 times the price, hmmmm :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Sammy h » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Do the premium seats come with a butler? £399 your having a laugh surely?

Look at some of the premiership prices, i cannot believe it. Unless i am missing something about these premium seats, all i have heard is that there is no children? Wow, worth every penny.
Sammy h

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Been having a look around at prem and championship prices.

We are much cheaper, so we will at best our 2200 average crowd
and i can best guess that the following applies.

New home terrace capacity and price, good value, (recommend early bird season ticket)
will probably have 1000 fans average per match.

north terrace, excellent value, but very poor facility, 200 fans at best per game, might as well be turned over to away fans.

Away end irrelevent, plenty of room to house most teams, we do not care how much they pay.

Main stand, with a capacity to house nearly double our usual home support, will be usually two thirds empty because of the weird ticketing system.

I would like to see the most optimistic fan on here explain how we will have at least another 500 fans paying over the odds to half fill the main stand, please do not repond to this post if you do not understand very basic maths.
mrpotatohead

Postby Dragofly » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Anybody noticed the advert at the bottom of the page?
Attachments
Ticket Prices.jpg
Ticket Prices.jpg (206.64 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
Dragofly

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Maybe our next sponsor could be dignitas, we could even have a youthenasia policy, we could...I will get me coat :roll:
mrpotatohead

Postby Lurchy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:03 am

No one else has mentioned it, but I thought prices were going to be frozen from this year for the first season at the globe arena?

Could someone confirm this or did I just make it up?
Everybody Love Everybody
Lurchy

Postby Splodge » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:22 pm

They were frozen for this season; I don't recall seeing it being said that they'd be frozen for next season as well.
Splodge

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:12 pm

they have been frozen ever since we got promoted so we have been paying Confererence prices for the past 3 seasons. If you have been to any away games recently you will know that quite a lot of clubs charge £15-£20 for a ticket.
heysham_mfc

Postby MfcChris » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:15 pm

The lifetime season tickets do seem incredibly good value. After about 8 years, all your games are free!

Think I may have to purchase one.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby bigdavethebass » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:41 pm

Can somebody from the club please explain why we can buy Junior match day tickets in blocks B, C and D but not Junior Season Tickets for these blocks.

Me and my son have been Season Ticket holders for 3 seasons and this has got us seriously hacked off...
bigdavethebass

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm

DITTO
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:10 pm

bigdavethebass wrote:Can somebody from the club please explain why we can buy Junior match day tickets in blocks B, C and D but not Junior Season Tickets for these blocks.

Me and my son have been Season Ticket holders for 3 seasons and this has got us seriously hacked off...

can't think of any other reason other than more money for the club
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:17 pm

DITTO AGAIN
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:19 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:DITTO AGAIN

ill ditto second that...........
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimper » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:06 pm

I just think they are trying to create a family section and encourage people with kids to use that section, nothing more sinister than that.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Lickle Jen Shrimp » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:37 pm

It would have been good if there was a monthly pay plan for the lifetime season ticket! I would be interested in getting it and i think it would encourage others! Like a standing order or direct debit thing :)
Last edited by Lickle Jen Shrimp on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecambe :)
Lickle Jen Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

Total respect to you glen for defending the well meaning board,a main stand that will usually be 70% empty is not the way forward, how is it possible, that it is cheaper to pay my son aged 12 into the main stand on a weekly basis than buy him an early bird season ticket, oh, by the way, it is now a tenner, not a fiver.

I have missed one home game in the last five years, young spud and myself, me 47 him 12 , would pay 30 quid a match plus refreshments to sit where we sit now, or more if we bought early bird season tickets, and use the food and drink hall :roll:
mrpotatohead

Postby Morecambe FC » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:53 am

bigdavethebass wrote:Can somebody from the club please explain why we can buy Junior match day tickets in blocks B, C and D but not Junior Season Tickets for these blocks.

A very valid question, when we started putting the season ticket and matchday options together we looked at all possible ticketing scenarios. A very large driving force with respect to junior supporters is our wish to provide a very safe and enjoyable matchday experience for our younger fans.

Whilst at Christie Park we have been unable to provide the "Family Section" in which to encourage families to support MFC, now at the Globe Arena, we have the facility and are able to offer the discounts, within this facility, to make watching football as a family more affordable.

We then looked at the options for "Families" to watch the game from other areas and to take advantage of the new facilities. This we have covered on a matchday basis, but have unfortunately not looked at from a season ticket point of view. This will be looked at over the next couple of days and we will update the pricing schedules accordingly.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:08 am

mrpotatohead wrote:I would like to see the most optimistic fan on here explain how we will have at least another 500 fans paying over the odds to half fill the main stand, please do not repond to this post if you do not understand very basic maths.

OK my basic maths regarding the premium seats is £399 divided by 23 games = £17.35p per game in a comfortable seat with a great view and the fabulous new facilities very close to hand. As for a Butler I can send for my wench to come and go from the bar as need be (before the game, at half time and post match of course) :lol: :lol:

I can also attend the reserve games and get a discount from the Club shop. To me this represents good value but do understand that it won't suit all.

I think the Club do right to charge more to people who will pay that bit extra for quality and enjoy the Matchday experience even if they do choke on their prawn sandwiches! :lol:

This happens in most walks of life and I don't consider it "Elitist"

The point of the Junior season ticket is very valid and if the person I went with was under ** :shock: years old I would winge as well :lol:

By the sounds of it the Club will be looking at this seriously and you might just get your own way ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:16 am

Nobody can accuse our Commercial Dept of not responding to concerns on the issue of Junior Season Tickets.

Well done.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby MfcChris » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:00 am

Regarding the lifetime season tickets, do you get the same privileges as a normal season ticket, as in 10% off club merchandise and priority for cup and play-off important games?

Also, in 20 years when we are in the Premiership top 4 and charging £50 a game, will they ask for additional money as the season ticket would mean they are losing out on a lot of money as the games will be free for a holder? ;)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:11 am

I think the family section is a good idea lots of clubs have one I noticed the other week that Lincon have one. I suppose they help to provde a better/safer atmosphere for the kids instead of been caught up in the hussel and bussel of some other parts of the ground as well as protecting them for hearing bad language etc.
I have also noticed these sections always seem to be at the end of the stands as well.

However I suppose the choice of if the people want to sit in the family section or not should be up to them.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby shrimper » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:18 am

Also if they're young and fidgety, chatting a lot and moving about etc it means they are only disturbing people who have their own kids with them so may be a bit more tolerant.

As for the lifetime season tickets I think they do what they say on the tin. The club knows they might lose money off some fans in the long run but that's fair enough if someone's prepared to fork out a big lump sum now. I know someone who got one when they first came out years ago for £1,000 - paid for itself several times over. These new ones would as well if you're going to stick with your support of the club.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion