Shrewsbury Beach Party...

Shrewsbury Beach Party...

Postby Freez » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:06 pm

So, dig out those Scratalan Hawaiian shirts, the summer shorts with pale legs and plenty of Oz sun screen on your nose and cheer on the boys at the New Meadow.

If you fancy a day out, with a laugh and maybe a beer, we have a space or two, all welcome.
PM me.

Cheers

Freez
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Re: Shrewsbury Beach Party...

Postby Sammy h » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:29 pm

We have a bus full of inflatables and sexy looking shirts, not sure about the guys wearing them though... :roll: :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:38 pm

Coach full of fancy dress from The Sardines. I'm counting down the days! :)
Crooky MFC

Postby broadwayshrimp » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:46 pm

broadwayshrimp

Postby bigreddog » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:49 pm

looking forward to it. anyone know where I can get a garland from? thinking going for a paradise hawaiian style/blue hawaii kind of vibe for saturday. would they let me in with a ukulele?

Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Lickle Jen Shrimp » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:56 pm

You can get them in fancy dress shops and matalan does fancy dress too!!!

I have a few i aquired from a night out so i may be tempted to stick on the flip flops and join the hawaian theme aha
Moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecambe :)
Lickle Jen Shrimp

Postby Andy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:07 pm

anyone know where I can get a garland from?

make your own, a la Blue Peter style !!! some string, crepe paper a pair of scissors !!!! and the sticky back plastic !!!!! :lol:
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby shrimper » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:11 pm

Freez wrote:So, dig out those Scratalan Hawaiian shirts, the summer shorts with pale legs and plenty of Oz sun screen on your nose and cheer on the boys at the New Meadow.

If you fancy a day out, with a laugh and maybe a beer, we have a space or two, all welcome.
PM me.

Cheers

Freez

To bump the original.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:21 am

And for exiles travelling on their tod from near-and-far, the boozers to muster at are.......?
Plain Peter

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:15 am

Peter wrote:And for exiles travelling on their tod from near-and-far, the boozers to muster at are.......?

There are only 2 pubs remotely near the ground with it being right on the outskirts of Shrewsbury. Football Grounds Guide has the names and directions.The one we've personally used in the past is about 3 minutes walk from the ground straight along Oteley Road (where the ground is situated). It's next to a large roundabout (opposite Meole Brace retail park) where there are also a couple of car parks (which is as close as you'll get in a car. Only coaches can park at the ground).

PS. Just booked an advance family ticket (01743-273943) father and son for £19 plus a quid booking fee. Saved about £12 on pay on the day rates so worth a phonecall for anyone with kids.They just put the tickets to one side for you to collect on the day, or will post them out, time permitting. Full details of advance ticket offers are on the MFC website.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Joelinho » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Will we be able to take inflatables into the ground or will it be a similar system to MK Dons?
Joelinho

Postby nobbyshrimp » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:06 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:
Peter wrote:And for exiles travelling on their tod from near-and-far, the boozers to muster at are.......?

There are only 2 pubs remotely near the ground with it being right on the outskirts of Shrewsbury. Football Grounds Guide has the names and directions.The one we've personally used in the past is about 3 minutes walk from the ground straight along Oteley Road (where the ground is situated). It's next to a large roundabout (opposite Meole Brace retail park) where there are also a couple of car parks (which is as close as you'll get in a car. Only coaches can park at the ground).

PS. Just booked an advance family ticket (01743-273943) father and son for £19 plus a quid booking fee. Saved about £12 on pay on the day rates so worth a phonecall for anyone with kids.They just put the tickets to one side for you to collect on the day, or will post them out, time permitting. Full details of advance ticket offers are on the MFC website.

That'll be The Brookfield pub, just off Meole Brace Roundabout with parking for a fiver. It'll be packed with footie fans. Across the road is a BP garage which also does parking for the same price.
Go past the Pro-Star the other way with Stadium and Percy Throwers garden centre on your right, then take next the next left into Sutton Rd (Sutton Farm housing estate). After 400mtrs on right is the Charles Darwin Pub with chippy opposite or failing this if you want cheap grub there is also a chippy opposite the Brookfield. Accross the big roundabout (Meole Brace roundabout) close to The Brookfield pub is a Sainsbury's store with coffee shop and a drive thru McDonalds. I never told you this ;) but park here-its free, just cover up your footie shirts/scarves and walk towards any of the stores, before then heading towards Focus and round the back to the Pro-Star. Sainsbury's is open until at least 10.00 maybe even 11.00pm so don't worry.
nobbyshrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:31 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:

Are you sure? Where do you get the £12 from? If you paid £19+£1 booking fee then i reckon you've saved just £1 :oops:
http://www.shrewsburytown.com/staticFil ... 459,00.pdf
nobbyshrimp

Postby Sammy h » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Whats the pub called with the largeish beer garden, alot of us were in there last year, i seem to remember it being a nice day with lots of us outside?
Sammy h

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:22 pm

Sammy h wrote:Whats the pub called with the largeish beer garden, alot of us were in there last year, i seem to remember it being a nice day with lots of us outside?

That's called the Brooklands Sam ;)
morecambe mick

Postby nobbyshrimp » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:23 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Whats the pub called with the largeish beer garden, alot of us were in there last year, i seem to remember it being a nice day with lots of us outside?

That's called the Brooklands Sam ;)

Bloody hell Mick :oops: :oops: I use to live on 'Brookfield' :lol:
Don't tell anyone will you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Whoops!!!!!!
http://www.gourmetsociety.co.uk/restaur ... lands.html
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 52,,0,1.59
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 5,,0,10.37
or The Charles Darwin
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 07,,0,6.57
nobbyshrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:53 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:
Burnley Shrimp wrote:

Are you sure? Where do you get the £12 from? If you paid £19+£1 booking fee then i reckon you've saved just £1 :oops:
http://www.shrewsburytown.com/staticFil ... 459,00.pdf

Can't find the Prostar ticket prices on the Morecambe Official Site at the mo' but I remember the prices quoted for pay at the turnstiles on the day rising to something akin to £19 for an adult and £13 for a 15 year old. Having been there for 2 out of the last 3 seasons I can testify that having paid on the gate on those occasions for myself and kids I've felt like I've been mugged at the severity of the turnstile scale of 'on the day prices' (but without the violence).

When I went to school 19 and 13 added up to 32 (thats pounds, which is very expensive for a dad and lad to get in to a Div 2 match). However by buying the advance family ticket category for Dad and Lad (under 16) at £19 plus £1 booking fee my maths equate that I've saved £12 as opposed to paying on the day at the turnstiles.

I sincerely hope that others attending with kids ignore Nobby Shrimp and take advantage of the advance booking prices for families with kids because otherwise you will be handing over a lot of wonga if you choose to pay at the turnstiles!!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:28 pm

:lol: Oh dear Burnley...............
It would appear that YOU have too much money to spend or waste :lol: because if you buy your tickets ON THE DAY from the Away fans ticket office 1 x adult + 1 x 15yr old costs £21 with each extra child costing £5. Buy on the turnstiles and it is as you said. Oh dear, what a shame, been ripped off have we :?: or rather anyone with kids..trust me, i've been a little more than twice ;) Infact, i'm not proud but i've been a damn site more than i have to see Morecambe this last year but at least most of it was in the away end.

Must mention also......£19 in advance + a £1 booking fee was £20 when i was at school :lol: a saving of just £1 from the on the day purchase price.
Glad to be of assistance
nobbyshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:00 pm

anyone know what time the supporters coach leaves :?:
heysham_mfc

Postby Freez » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:50 pm

I see people on here whining that they cannot get transport to Shrewsbury, and we have spare seats!!
It isnt rocket science!!
ASK?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby halftimeresults » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Freez wrote:I see people on here whining that they cannot get transport to Shrewsbury, and we have spare seats!!
It isnt rocket science!!
ASK?

So what are you saying?
halftimeresults

Postby Freez » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:12 pm

Dunno!

You got me there!! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:29 pm

Freez wrote:I see people on here whining that they cannot get transport to Shrewsbury, and we have spare seats!!
It isnt rocket science!!
ASK?

:lol: :lol:

Get used to it :!: :!:

:? :?
morecambe mick

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:46 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote::lol: Oh dear Burnley...............
It would appear that YOU have too much money to spend or waste :lol: because if you buy your tickets ON THE DAY from the Away fans ticket office 1 x adult + 1 x 15yr old costs £21 with each extra child costing £5. Buy on the turnstiles and it is as you said. Oh dear, what a shame, been ripped off have we :?: or rather anyone with kids..trust me, i've been a little more than twice ;) Infact, i'm not proud but i've been a damn site more than i have to see Morecambe this last year but at least most of it was in the away end.

Must mention also......£19 in advance + a £1 booking fee was £20 when i was at school :lol: a saving of just £1 from the on the day purchase price.
Glad to be of assistance

Oh dear Nobby. It would appear that on my previous visits I have been well and truly ripped off by the thieving Salop gits in the ticket office. When I said pay at the turnstile I seem to remember that I was directed to a window near the away turnstiles to purchase the tickets prior to entry. Did they mention family tickets so I could save a few quid on the entry fee. NO. Was the offer advertised anywhere in or around the ticket office. NO! They just charged the individual entry prices so I was asked to pay approx £20 for me and £12 each for the kids. You might live in that area and be aware of these highly secretive family tickets, I only found out because MFC were good enough to publish it on the official site this time. So no I am not some secret millionaire to whom money does not matter, nor I would guess are the vast majority of Morecambe fans. My only reason for highlighting the family tickets on here was to bring it to the attention of any Morecambe Mums and Dads travelling down with their kids who may have missed it on the official site because Shrewsbury ticket office certainly won't tell them.

So thanks for your comments in your last post but just realise we do not live in Shrewsbury like you and therefore many are not aware of the offers for families because Shrewsbury FC ticket staff certainly won't make it known unless you are aware and ask!!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 pm

and this is why i tried to help everyone by attaching the link to the pro-star admission prices but you decided to tell everyone not to beleive me.....derr
Bored with it all now :!:
nobbyshrimp

Return to General Discussion