Train to Shrewsbury

Train to Shrewsbury

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:20 pm

We need a great turnout at shrewsbury so if you can not get on any of the buses
how about the train

leave Lancaster at 6.58 arrive in Shrersbury at 9.00(wetherspoon breackfast) single ticket £8.00

RETURN leave Shrewsbury for Lancaster at 17.54 single ticket £6.00

TOTAL COST £14.00
Last edited by halftimeresults on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halftimeresults

Re: Train to Shrewebury

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:25 pm

halftimeresults wrote:We need a great turnout at shrewebury so if you can not get on any of the buses
how about the train

leave Lancaster at 6.58 arrive in Shrerebury at 9.00(wetherspoon breackfast) single ticket £8.00

RETURN leave Shrewebury for Lancaster at 17.54 single ticket £6.00

TOTAL COST £14.00

so we have three trains then :lol:

that should be enough
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: Train to Shrewebury

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:29 pm

dont know what you are on about :oops:
halftimeresults

Re: Train to Shrewsbury

Postby Duffman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:57 am

Just to add to that, if you're unable to make the 6:58 train, the next one is at 7:38 but the fare jumps to £22.50. However it's still cheaper to pay for the singles than a return.

After that, fares are £37.50 so the £43.00 return would be cheapest.
Duffman

Postby Lickle Jen Shrimp » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:28 am

Will be there :)

Does anyone know how much the admission is?
Moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecambe :)
Lickle Jen Shrimp

Postby John L » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:40 am

Lickle Jen Shrimp wrote:Will be there :)

Does anyone know how much the admission is?

Cheaper advance booking available....
http://www.morecambefc.com/page/awaytickets/0,,10866~2020287,00.html
John L

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:31 pm

As its the last away day, I suspect that we will travel in decent numbers anyway. But IF there is something riding on the game (we need to beat Daggers for this to be the case) then I think we could take many more. A lot won't make arrangements until the outcome of Saturday's game.

If you do intend on travelling by train, be wary that the Station is miles from the new ground. You can get a bus there from Shrewsbury town centre, but there is still a longish walk involved.
RedRedWine1

Postby John L » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:47 pm

RedRedWine wrote:If you do intend on travelling by train, be wary that the Station is miles from the new ground. You can get a bus there from Shrewsbury town centre, but there is still a longish walk involved.

I travelled by train to last season's match and used the Express Bus Service mentioned at http://www.shrewsburytown.com/page/TravelPlan/0,,10443,00.html, the bus station being only a 5 minute walk from the railway station. The bus fare was no more than £2 return as far as I recall.
John L

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:53 pm

Just checked the train fares for Saturday again, tickets have gone up considerably.

Any reason why there are no off-peak same day return tickets available from the trainline or national rail for the journey from the Morecambe area to Shrewsbury? I'm travelling from Manchester and don't seem to be having a problem getting one from here to Shrewsbury, but when I've had a look for a mate setting off from Morecambe I can't see the same ticket types. Actually, I can get off-peak same day returns from Morecambe to Manchester, and then another from Manchester to Shrewsbury which works out cheaper than buying a standard same day return from Morecambe to Shrewsbury. Bizarre.
RedRedWine1

Postby MFC GMAN » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:57 pm

hiyaaa boys

whats the price to get in there for adults and kids

carn't wait till the big game i am going in car 3 hours i think
MFC GMAN

Postby mrg1309 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:03 pm

mrg1309

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:28 pm

what i would do if anyone is driving and has spare seats get them posted on here we really do need to take as many fans as possible shame the club aint putting some free coaches on!!
thegentlegiant

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:33 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:what i would do if anyone is driving and has spare seats get them posted on here we really do need to take as many fans as possible shame the club aint putting some free coaches on!!

With your obvious connections with Stagecoach I'd have thought if anyone could sort anything out, it'd be you Sam :!:
:lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby shrimper » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:22 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Just checked the train fares for Saturday again, tickets have gone up considerably.

Any reason why there are no off-peak same day return tickets available from the trainline or national rail for the journey from the Morecambe area to Shrewsbury? I'm travelling from Manchester and don't seem to be having a problem getting one from here to Shrewsbury, but when I've had a look for a mate setting off from Morecambe I can't see the same ticket types. Actually, I can get off-peak same day returns from Morecambe to Manchester, and then another from Manchester to Shrewsbury which works out cheaper than buying a standard same day return from Morecambe to Shrewsbury. Bizarre.

Because the national rail service has gone to ratpoo? (In ticketing terms).

Used to be able to turn up when you liked, get a reasonably-priced ticket between one place and another, same price whenever you bought it and you could use any train you liked to get you there and any you liked to get you back.

Don't know how they keep managing to get passengers, they put that many blocks in people's way.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion