Lingwood muppets

Lingwood muppets

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:18 pm

What was all that about after the end of the match? We're stood at the back of the North Stand about five to ten minutes after the final whistle as we do every match chatting, getting the results and waiting for the ground to empty a bit. Next thing, for the first time ever, a line of Lingwood employees, come along ordering us to leave. I say 'isn't this a bit over the top?'. The answer 'do you want a ban because I can do it right now?'. Unbelievably stupid in every possible way.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: Lingwood muppets

Postby Curly » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:23 pm

Maybe they've been on a training course at Notts County :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Posh wrote:What was all that about after the end of the match? We're stood at the back of the North Stand about five to ten minutes after the final whistle as we do every match chatting, getting the results and waiting for the ground to empty a bit. Next thing, for the first time ever, a line of Lingwood employees, come along ordering us to leave. I say 'isn't this a bit over the top?'. The answer 'do you want a ban because I can do it right now?'. Unbelievably stupid in every possible way.

Jobsworths! Absolutely pathetic. :x
Crooky MFC

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:16 am

Posh wrote:What was all that about after the end of the match? We're stood at the back of the North Stand about five to ten minutes after the final whistle as we do every match chatting, getting the results and waiting for the ground to empty a bit. Next thing, for the first time ever, a line of Lingwood employees, come along ordering us to leave. I say 'isn't this a bit over the top?'. The answer 'do you want a ban because I can do it right now?'. Unbelievably stupid in every possible way.

OTT yes but on the flip side I don't think they get paid after 5.00pm and can't leave until the stadium is cleared. Happens at every league club.
Wild Bill

Postby CASS » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:40 am

Nature of the job .. It would seem some stewards are paid from the neck down rather than the other way around. They are contracted by the club to look after their customers who are on the whole very well behaved,It's not as if they get aggro every match as much as some of them would love that. If I was treated by a representative of any company in this manner I would have a word higher up. Like said "Paid from the Neck Down".
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Posh » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:34 am

Wild Bill wrote:

OTT yes but on the flip side I don't think they get paid after 5.00pm and can't leave until the stadium is cleared. Happens at every league club.

It's never happened before yet we do the same after every game. It didn't involve any club stewards only Lingwood bibs. We'd just beaten a team to give us a very real prospect of the playoffs and yet it seemed necessary to dish out a bit of needless crowd control of about 20 people who were heading off anyway. I suppose that why you don't see many doormen on Mastermind.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:46 am

I didnt realise we used Lingwoods unless we were playing a team with notorious fans.

Theres never been any problems with Daggers fans so why the need for anything other than MFC stewards ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:46 am

Maybe a quite word from the club to our otherwise excellent stewards would be a good course of action.

:)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:09 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I didnt realise we used Lingwoods unless we were playing a team with notorious fans.

Theres never been any problems with Daggers fans so why the need for anything other than MFC stewards ?

believe its a legal requirement for all league clubs in case of crowd trouble!!! can't be certain but we have always used lingwoods even when it was unsegregated!
thegentlegiant

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:38 am

Posh wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:

It's never happened before yet we do the same after every game. It didn't involve any club stewards only Lingwood bibs. We'd just beaten a team to give us a very real prospect of the playoffs and yet it seemed necessary to dish out a bit of needless crowd control of about 20 people who were heading off anyway. I suppose that why you don't see many doormen on Mastermind.

Makes you wonder what their policy is going to be for the Aldershot game? I think it may have been an attempt to assert their authority after the chants of ón the pitch' etc during the game. Realistically they wouldn't have a chance of stopping people if more than a handful decide that's what they are going to do.

Remember being a steward at Huddersfield the day they got relagated and we were told to hold a roll of garden fence up at full time. The words chocolate and fireguard came to mind!
Wild Bill

Postby azz01m » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:09 am

Realisticly if you invade the pitch you are going to risk arrest and whats the point??
Don't judge a book by its cover...I have no problem with people hanging around.. The bar is open anyway, so abit heavy handed maybe, but they are not paid once the ground is empty...Who wants to work for nothing?

Without a doubt there will be an increased police presence at the final game so please remove the idea of a pitch invasion unless the club announce that they will allow it once the players and officials have left the pitch.

As for Lingwoods being at games......They have been working alongside the MFC stewards for years and have always been at every game to look after the away fans and be there incase of any trouble wherever that may come from. They dont always have it easy, soplease bear that in mind.
azz01m

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:11 am

If there is a pitch invasion the stuards would be make less trouble by just letting it happen rather than try and stop it. Would be supprised if they was any trouble.
heysham_mfc

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:33 am

If there is a pitch invasion, we're not talking about 50 to 100 people, we're talking a good few thousand, especially if we reach the playoffs by 5pm against Aldershot. Many teams fans do it to celebrate an achievement, take Bournemouth fans yesterday, and Rochdale fans last weekend.
Crooky MFC

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:51 am

am just playing devils advocate. i suppose its about player safety what if a Aldershot player or official got assaulted trying to get off the pitch after final whistle? we could then get punished by the FL

thats how they see things rules are rules

although we know Morecambe FC are not that kind of club.
George Dawes

Postby wijit » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:16 pm

azz01m wrote:Realisticly if you invade the pitch you are going to risk arrest and whats the point??
Don't judge a book by its cover...I have no problem with people hanging around.. The bar is open anyway, so abit heavy handed maybe, but they are not paid once the ground is empty...Who wants to work for nothing?

Without a doubt there will be an increased police presence at the final game so please remove the idea of a pitch invasion unless the club announce that they will allow it once the players and officials have left the pitch.

As for Lingwoods being at games......They have been working alongside the MFC stewards for years and have always been at every game to look after the away fans and be there incase of any trouble wherever that may come from. They dont always have it easy, soplease bear that in mind.

Can I just say that in giving this lecture to Mr Posh you are teaching your metaphorical granny to suck eggs. He is more than aware of Lingwoods' presence and their past reputation (I personally loved the skinheads in bibs at the home game to Wycome many, many moons ago-nice touch!). The chances are he has seen more games, and therefore any trouble at our games than you.
You say "They don't always have it easy", well I would say they have it far easier than most other clubs, we have a good reputation, and rightly so and this type of reaction to people chatting can be seen at antagonistic. There are ways of getting people to move on, and I have seen much more subtle methods used at much bigger grounds by people who are not paid at all. You can have your high horse back now.
wijit

Postby Simples » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:44 pm

azz01m works in the control room on match days, is that an official warning?
Simples, innit?
Simples

Postby CASS » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:59 pm

wijit wrote:
azz01m wrote: They dont always have it easy, soplease bear that in mind.

Oh come on,They spend most of their time making mountains out of mole hills.. Prior to every game we are forced to a listen to a girl telling us not to do this and that in the name of RESPECT. I suspect when club signed up to this mantra it included everyone including match day sub contractors. May be a re alignment of values is needed ? .
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Totally agree i was greeted with same answar, they are there as saftey stewarts for the crowd saftey not law enforces and bounces. For the record our own stewarts are not happy ,as they love this club and have achieved a great relationship with the supporters over the years.However Lingys do a sterling job in the away end ,as we do not have enough home stewarts to cover these areas.
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby hoooti » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:02 pm

In the past I have had trouble with the lingwoods stewards. especially the cheif plonker, skinny with blond hair that seems to be the general. two years ago he tried to bully my 12 year old daughter and expel her at every home game or bully outside to say behave. her only crime was not watch the game but talk to the people next to her. She now wont come to any games as she is scared of the stewards. I lodged an official compalint with MFc who unsurprisingly did nothing as it was his word againsr our. I would suggest if this is the same hitler then perhaps mpre compaints to MFC may get some action.
hoooti

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:If there is a pitch invasion, we're not talking about 50 to 100 people, we're talking a good few thousand, especially if we reach the playoffs by 5pm against Aldershot. Many teams fans do it to celebrate an achievement, take Bournemouth fans yesterday, and Rochdale fans last weekend.

I for one would be wholly unimpressed if there was a pitch invasion if we made the play-offs, and I dare say the ground staff would be totally pissed off at whoever did too :!:

Do people realise how much damage "a good few thousand" people would do to the pitch :?:

I may be wrong, but I'm sure the club are on a suspended fine (from the F.A) after the last pitch invasion.
morecambe mick

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:25 pm

even if there is no playoff game to consider, remember the turf is being sold off, peoples future lawns are at stake here :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Anyone who invades the pitch is nothing other than entirely selfish, a bit like those who seem to insist on standing most the match in a seated area. The authorities take a VERY dim few of pitch invasions. Earlier this season, several Leeds players were 'assaulted' at Carlisle during such an invasion. Clubs can receive hefty fines for failing to control fans and I would hope all Morecambe supporters would be sensible enough not to risk that happening. I'm sure you can celebrate/cry just as well in your respective stands.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby wijit » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:17 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
Crooky MFC wrote:If there is a pitch invasion, we're not talking about 50 to 100 people, we're talking a good few thousand, especially if we reach the playoffs by 5pm against Aldershot. Many teams fans do it to celebrate an achievement, take Bournemouth fans yesterday, and Rochdale fans last weekend.

I for one would be wholly unimpressed if there was a pitch invasion if we made the play-offs, and I dare say the ground staff would be totally pissed off at whoever did too :!:

Do people realise how much damage "a good few thousand" people would do to the pitch :?:

I may be wrong, but I'm sure the club are on a suspended fine (from the F.A) after the last pitch invasion.

Applying the argument that the club may (or may not) be on a suspended fine, then I guess Wolves are totally screwed then, today not being the first invasion they've had even this season.
I would doubt quite those numbers will invade the pitch, especially if we reach the play-offs.
As for you being "wholly unimpressed", I'm sure everybody will consider your feeelings (and those of Marky "entirely selfish") before invading the pitch. Now, if I understand this correctly, Mr Posh started this thread about Lingwood perhaps it would be more appropriate to go back to that?
wijit

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:31 pm

Realistically, if we're not in the play-offs, we'll go on the pitch. If we are, then we'll wait till the next game. Simples.
Bare Ben

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:42 am

The stewards are excellent and do a fantastic job, but I'm afraid the Lingwood security fellow previously mentioned behaves as though the home fans are an unruly mob that may break out into trouble at any second.
I think his attitude and execution of his role can often be antagonistic and cause some problems in itself.
The way in which he talks to his staff and fans is very aggressive and downright rude at times.
North Stand Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion