If Blackpool got into the Prem League how do you think

If Blackpool got into the Prem League how do you think

Postby Arnside Red » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:27 pm

it would affect our gates, I am sure a few who may go to MFC, esp if promotion was achieved might go to BFC, they will have a far greater capacity with the opening of their new stand so getting tickest wouldnt be as difficult as this season
Arnside Red

Re: If Blackpool got into the Prem League how do you think

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Arnside Red wrote:it would affect our gates, I am sure a few who may go to MFC, esp if promotion was achieved might go to BFC, they will have a far greater capacity with the opening of their new stand so getting tickest wouldnt be as difficult as this season

I think it would affect things only slightly most would stay loyal but go to the odd sunday game!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:45 pm

There is a small nucleus of genuine Blackpool fans in the Morecambe area, as there are from many of the other Championship and Premiership teams within easy travelling distance.

However if your a Morecambe fan your a Morecambe fan. RIGHT??

I live 2 minutes from Turf Moor but just because they've spent a season in the Premiership didn't make me want to desert the team I've followed for over 40 years (Morecambe) and go and watch them instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really can't see any true Morecambe fans giving B'pool a second thought, even if they do make it. We have a great set up at Morecambe and I for one can't understand why more locals don't take advantage of it and support their local team.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Don't think it would have a major impact maybe if they were playing Manchester United or Chelsea it might take a few off the gate but nothing too drastic.
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:21 pm

It would mean that every premier league team supporter that watches morecambe could go to blackpool to watch the team they cannot afford to watch every week, for the same price, it would affect us big time, blackpool are not getting big gates in spite of their success, rather like us, look at burnley, sold out nearly every home game this season, a lot more difficult to get to, 27 miles or 35 minutes drive to watch blackpool v chelsea or arsenal, best for us if they stay down.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:33 am

A regular contributor to Radio Lancashire's post match fans 'phone in is a certain Mark from Fleetwood. I somehow doubt he will switch his allegiance just to watch Premiership soccer. Right Mark?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:38 am

mrpotatohead wrote:It would mean that every premier league team supporter that watches morecambe could go to blackpool to watch the team they cannot afford to watch every week, for the same price, it would affect us big time, blackpool are not getting big gates in spite of their success, rather like us, look at burnley, sold out nearly every home game this season, a lot more difficult to get to, 27 miles or 35 minutes drive to watch blackpool v chelsea or arsenal, best for us if they stay down.

We've had Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn in the Prem for a while now - and Burnley this season. They're all pretty much the same in 'ease of getting to'. I don't think swapping Burnley for Blackpool would make much impact at all to be honest.

If you want to go to watch your 'other' (Prem) team a bit more cheaply than watching them at their home ground (ManU, L'Pool, whoever) then you've had enough opportunity to do that for years (although Bolton have not been the cheapest and Rovers have now introduced a 'you pay what we pay at your ground' deal for away fans which doesn't entice people like me to Sunday games v Spurs!).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:47 am

shrimper wrote:Rovers have now introduced a 'you pay what we pay at your ground' deal for away fans which doesn't entice people like me to Sunday games v Spurs!).

I'd have to say that I'd have no problem with that, especially where away fans are charged more than home fans. If all clubs did it, it may put pressure on some to behave more equitably.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Thing is, though, in reality it doesn't. Spurs charge away fans pretty much the same as home fans - it's just more expensive all round. They will never reduce their prices because other clubs charge less.

So yes, okay, Blackburn's 'tit for tat' policy will get them a bit more money from those who DO go in the away end but it also puts off a lot of others who may have gone had they not increased their prices.

Wigan don't do it, so I go there now every season (if it doesn't clash with Morecambe).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ockers » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:53 pm

brought this up at work today
I work with 4 blackpool season ticket holders
if they make the premiership (at the moment theyve every chance) and you dont already have a season ticket then youve little chance of getting one
11000 is all it holds at the moment
it would be a very difficult situation for their club
one year of highs but im sure their fans would be sick of getting battered every week and calling for the managers head by xmas their words not mine and theyve had some great managers over the years Grayson Allardyce worthington...
Burnley had 24000 fans Blackpool wouldnt get half that
its no threat at all me thinks
Preston Blackpool and Burnley are good champinship sides but they couldnt afford to join the big boys its way out of their league but for one season of glory the fans will say it was worth it?
Theres only one lamborghini outside Bloomfield and thats Karl Oystons!!!!
anyway Lets hope our fans stay with us we have our own glory days ahead whether its this season or next...................
ockers

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:56 pm

Well it doesnt seem to have had any affect on out gate at all.
heysham_mfc

Postby mfcbro » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:21 pm

He must have made some money sean it was a red ferrari last season.
mfcbro

Postby ockers » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:57 am

mfcbro wrote:He must have made some money sean it was a red ferrari last season.

he will be lucky to afford a robin reliant now mick!!!
i believe hes being chased for £2million
think the only ferrari outside Bloomfield yesterday would have been mr capellos
ockers

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 19, 2011 9:59 am

Could be an exciting finish on Sunday. 2 from 5 will go down. Blackpool are in the drop zone but they can lose at Old Trafford and stay up! :o

If and when Fergie plays a "weakened" team and loses he will be repremanded! LOL
I think Blackpool should let Utd. get a 1.0 lead then they can build sandcastles in the centre circle knowing that Spurs will hammer Brum, who can neither score or defend at the moment.

The game between Blackburn and Wolves will basically see them both play keepy uppy for 90 mins I would expect :?
There again IF Brum and Blackpool won :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion