Todays performance

Todays performance

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Far from at our best but hell we got the 3 points and that's what matters.

Really felt with the number of chances created and missed in the first 45 that as the game drew to its close that we would have to settle for a draw or an undeserved breakaway goal from the Daggers.

Thankfully the right footed Moss hit an absolute screamer with his left to earn us a well deserved 3 points.

Contender for GoS when you remember the importance of the strike.

Phew...well done lads!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Todays performance

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:40 pm

When the teams were announced I wondered why Moss was at left back when normally he would have been right back and Parrish would have been left back.
Now I realise why..... Moss was really on the pitch in disguise :lol: as an extra striker!!!!!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby George Dawes » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:56 pm

either there off-side trap was amazing or we need to learn to time our runs better, Duffy was caught 4 times in the first 5/10 mins but he will learn it's a new position for the lad

and to be honest i couldn't see how we was going to score out of open play especially when Duffy went off, way to many long balls maybe nerve's ?

but if we'd have played the football on the deck like we did in the last home game today would have been no problem..
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:07 pm

To be fair to duffy, he is a winger so as we are a bit short up front he was doing a job he was not 100% up to speed with.

I think waynaldo must wonder how short of strikers we are before he gets a crack at center forward :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:11 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:To be fair to duffy, he is a winger so as we are a bit short up front he was doing a job he was not 100% up to speed with.

I think waynaldo must wonder how short of strikers we are before he gets a crack at center forward :roll:

i think he went center forward when Duffy went off in the last 25mins?
George Dawes

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:28 pm

they were terrible,ball always in the air,only came for a point,summed up after we scored their player sprinted with the ball to put on the corner spot for our corner!!!
we looked nervous ,but when ball on deck,about 10 minutes of the game we looked good ,missed some of the easiest chances,my mother in law could have put aWAY AND SHE HAS HAD 2 STROKES AND 2 HEART ATTACKS.
still 3 points and 4 points from 2 games should be enough ,can see us getting something atb shrews,but shots may need something from the last game
what do we have to do to get a good attendance
scalehallshrimp

Postby steve mfc » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:34 pm

We got what we deserved three points but we nearly paid the penalty for missing so many chances.

We did miss Jevons, sometimes you hardly notice him in a game but he has that ability to be in the right place and take a chance when it comes his way.

We also missed Wilson and his ability to hit the bye line and whip the ball across the face of the goal also Duffy is much more productive out wide however even though we were without some key players we still picked up the points.
steve mfc

Postby parceldave » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Just read report in Mail on Sunday in which it say "chances were at a Premium" what fkin game was he watching . I dont think iv'e ever seen as many chances in one half , was it 16 :?: just a pity we didn't bury a couple . How we managed to miss from such close range is almost unbelievable , i don't think Phil Mickleson with a 64 deg lob wedge could have chipped over the bar from there . :o . Mossy's first shot on goal was a cracker too, but i think he will have to make way next week if Wilson is back fit. Another nail biter next week, but got to be more clinical in front of goal as chances will be at a Premium against the Shrews me thinks . ;)
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:46 pm

the way things are with the squad and injuries and plus with losing Hackney on loan

ive been looking at what players we have and options , id be tempted because we are playing away to keep the back line the same and ask Wilson to play left midfield

--------------Roche
--Parrish---Bentley---Artell---Moss
Wainwright-Stanley-Drummond-Wilson
--------------Duffy
--------------Mullin

id thought about Hunter on the right-side but we need to go for it and attack, and Wainwright is better running with the ball and beating fullbacks to cross a ball
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:54 pm

If Duffy is fit by then? He was still limping as he left the ground yesterday.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby parceldave » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 pm

DawZi wrote:the way things are with the squad and injuries and plus with losing Hackney on loan

ive been looking at what players we have and options , id be tempted because we are playing away to keep the back line the same and ask Wilson to play left midfield

--------------Roche
--Parrish---Bentley---Artell---Moss
Wainwright-Stanley-Drummond-Wilson
--------------Duffy
--------------Mullin

id thought about Hunter on the right-side but we need to go for it and attack, and Wainwright is better running with the ball and beating fullbacks to cross a ball

Sorry mate cant agree with you there, Wainwright was right in front of us yesterday and didn't do much for me . Gazhunter is a defo , better passer, tackler and can shoot too. ;)
parceldave

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:47 pm

I thought we were very lucky to get three points. John Still has come out and said that we probably edged it, but I don't buy that. Yes we missed some guilt edged chances in the first half, but even those seemed to have stemmed from Dagenham errors and we actually created little. The tempo was flat for most of the day, and I honestly saw the game slowly heading towards a bore draw. We lacked pace throughout the side and desperately need some bodies back for the last two games. We were out passed at home in the middle of the park, a great compliment to Dagenham who have always impressed me. However, despite having a lot of the ball they didn't really create much, which our defence must take great credit for. A draw would have been a fair result, but if one team was going to score I thought that Dagenham would be the more likely bet as the result of finally creating an opening, certainly not a "breakaway".

What was good to see was the fact that we didn't panic and stayed calm to the end, which applies to both the players and fans. The football wasn't great yet despite everybody probably getting more and more nervous as the seconds ticked by (I know I was), these nerves weren't evident on the pitch or transmitted from the fans to the players. Nobody got on their backs, grumblings were kept to a minimum, and we didn't look hurried or pressured. I suppose this is the result of a lingering arrogance developed from years of being solid and dependable at home. If only this was the case away! Brilliant goal by Moss, all is forgiven. Massive relief going forward to another important game at Salop......c'mon you shrimps!
RedRedWine1

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:07 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I thought we were very lucky to get three points. John Still has come out and said that we probably edged it, but I don't buy that. Yes we missed some guilt edged chances in the first half, but even those seemed to have stemmed from Dagenham errors and we actually created little.

We had twenty attempts on goal, they had six... why don't you buy that? I thought we should have had it sewn up by half time and we were the only side who looked likely to win it.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby MorecambeMickey » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Keith wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:I thought we were very lucky to get three points. John Still has come out and said that we probably edged it, but I don't buy that. Yes we missed some guilt edged chances in the first half, but even those seemed to have stemmed from Dagenham errors and we actually created little.

We had twenty attempts on goal, they had six... why don't you buy that? I thought we should have had it sewn up by half time and we were the only side who looked likely to win it.

Also hitting the woodwork twice. It would've been a travesty if we hadn't taken all three points. I'm not entirely sure we're giving ourselves enough credit for the way we're performing, granted we weren't as good as when we played Rotherham but we made a decent team look rather poor yesterday. More than happy with that.
MorecambeMickey

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Keith wrote:

I'm actually shocked that we had 20 shots as that sounds like an entertaining game. I guess the problem with that stat is it includes efforts that never really threatened a net ripple. Quite a few of our chances seemed a little ambitious and from distance, step forward Mr Stanley. I missed the first 5-10 mins as I was running late, but I thought other than 10 mins before half-time where we hit the post, Drummond missing a near open net, a goal mouth scramble and the wonder goal from Moss, the bits inbetween were really drab. Our passing and movement were quite sloppy all afternoon, and there were quite a few aimless balls pumped forward in the second half. Our defence played really well in limiting Dagenham to only 6 attempts, especially given that they must have had more than 10 corners and enjoyed more possession than ourselves. I've seen us play much better and get nothing this season.
RedRedWine1

Postby Harry » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:51 am

RedRedWine wrote:
Keith wrote:

I'm actually shocked that we had 20 shots as that sounds like an entertaining game. I guess the problem with that stat is it includes efforts that never really threatened a net ripple. Quite a few of our chances seemed a little ambitious and from distance, step forward Mr Stanley. I missed the first 5-10 mins as I was running late, but I thought other than 10 mins before half-time where we hit the post, Drummond missing a near open net, a goal mouth scramble and the wonder goal from Moss, the bits inbetween were really drab. Our passing and movement were quite sloppy all afternoon, and there were quite a few aimless balls pumped forward in the second half. Our defence played really well in limiting Dagenham to only 6 attempts, especially given that they must have had more than 10 corners and enjoyed more possession than ourselves. I've seen us play much better and get nothing this season.

14 shots on target too. We were the superior team for periods during the game and I agree, there was that 60-80 minute mark where we looked like getting nothing, but we turned it on at the death when it counts, to get the result.
Harry

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:33 am

Keith wrote:

This is the game I watched too! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 620861.stm

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:12 pm

A balanced and fair assessment of the game...

I like the mention of the fact that we have scored more goals than only Rochdale and Notts County, 2 already promoted teams.

:) :) :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Yes was very one sided when seeing all those chances again.
Mossy must be itching to get back to Wembley after his play off defeat last season.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion