Worrying rumours, Bentley Player/Manager

Worrying rumours, Bentley Player/Manager

Postby gbpacker » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:20 am

I posted a comment a few weeks ago about the prospects of Jim Bentley being a future manager of Morecambe and now it looks like others in the world of football have a similar point of view. Here are a few comments from the Telford United site - Bucks Chat.co.uk

"Is this mere speculation, or have Morecambe made an announcement to the effect that his contract won't be extended?

Personally I think that, should it come to pass, this would be a wonderful appointment which would reconnect the playing staff of the club with both it's history and a slightly disillusioned local public. Jim Bentley is nobody's fool, he was a tremendous captain and for my mind he'd make a tremendous manager.

I didn't realise that Bentley had taken charge of the reserve team at Morecambe, there's some positive posts on their forum..

Why would Jim Bentley drop out of the league to come to Telford in the northern premier

Now that would be a boost to season ticket sales.

It would be fair to say though that Bentley alongside Killock at the centre of our defence would be a pretty impressive pairing"

It seems likely that we have not heard the last of this story.
gbpacker

Re: Worrying rumours, Bentley Player/Manager

Postby Christies Child » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:34 am

You'll never stop speculation (that's fine coming from me :o ) but in this case I'm surprised it's taken so long for Telford fans to wonder if a return to Bucks Head is a possibility.

As far as I'm aware Jimbo has another year on his existing contract and his involvement with the Reserves can only be good for the club and for Jim himself.

My understanding is that he's about to move into the area, so that shows to me that he sees his future career in management based in this area. I've long been of the belief that Sammy is grooming Jim as his successor and that we could be looking at a change at the top in a couple of seasons. By that time Jim will have gained his coaching badges and the awareness of the difference of being a manager as to that of being purely a player.

I can't think of many fans who would argue against Jim being our manager one day. It may well be of course that both the club and Jim himself realise that he may have to go away only to return in a few seasons. However I'm confident that whichever route to management at our club Jim decides to take, that it will be a succes, which argues well for our own future.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:46 am

Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8630797.stm

As you would expect their fans forum is awash with names including Gary Brabin and Andy Preece. Jimbo gets a mention but school of thought suggests lack of experience and money would be a problem.

As long as they keep thinking like that and their Directors likewise.... :) :) :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby parkyboy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Is there some truth in this story now that Smith Telford Mgr has been sacked
parkyboy

Return to General Discussion