Last Time on the North Stand (a bit earlier than most!)

Last Time on the North Stand (a bit earlier than most!)

Postby Keith » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:41 pm

Since I've started taking photos at games, it occurred to me that my 'last time' on the North Stand may have passed?

Nah, can't have that! So while I'll be at the Aldershot game, snapping grown men with a tear in their eye, I've decided to leave the camera at home this Saturday and enjoy my 'last' occasion as a fan at Christie Park. See you in the York pre-match!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Last Time on the North Stand (a bit earlier than most!)

Postby Dysie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Well, this saturday (play-offs permitting) will be my last game @ CP! I go on hol on thur 06/05 (planes permitting)! Nigh on 48 yrs, man & boy attending Christie will come to an end for me. I'm sure there will be more than a tear in my eye as I go onto the pitch pre KO to carry off the sponsors advertising board for the last time. Not sure I'll be as sorry to wind in Uncle Ken's dodgy electric cable reel for the last time though - after the H/T open the box draw! My plan is to be the last person to leave the terrace on saturday then bid my fond farewell. Can't say I'm looking forward to it.....
Dysie

Postby Curly » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:24 pm

Keith wrote:Since I've started taking photos at games, it occurred to me that my 'last time' on the North Stand may have passed?

Nah, can't have that! So while I'll be at the Aldershot game, snapping grown men with a tear in their eye, I've decided to leave the camera at home this Saturday and enjoy my 'last' occasion as a fan at Christie Park. See you in the York pre-match!

Hope your not thinking of standing with us. ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:49 am

Curly wrote:
Keith wrote:Hope your not thinking of standing with us. ;)

Most certainly not! I've only ever stood with you lot for the Forest Green v Preston, Jim Harvey match. I only managed the first half before going to the bar, not sure if it was the game or the company that drove me to drink!

See you in the York pre-match or JB's post match?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:10 am

Dysie wrote:Well, this saturday (play-offs permitting) will be my last game @ CP! I go on hol on thur 06/05 (planes permitting)! Nigh on 48 yrs, man & boy attending Christie will come to an end for me. I'm sure there will be more than a tear in my eye as I go onto the pitch pre KO to carry off the sponsors advertising board for the last time. Not sure I'll be as sorry to wind in Uncle Ken's dodgy electric cable reel for the last time though - after the H/T open the box draw! My plan is to be the last person to leave the terrace on saturday then bid my fond farewell. Can't say I'm looking forward to it.....

I'll bring the tissues just in case....

....'a little bitty tear let me down, spoilt my act as a clown, had my mind made up not to make a frown...but a little bitty tear let me down'

Can't recall the singer but the words seem appropriate.

:)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion