The final countdown

The final countdown

Postby Sammy h » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:59 pm

Well this is it. 3 games to go and we are still very much in with a shout, i said last week we needed 8 points to make it.

I know think it will be less...

I think 2 wins will do it. Starting on Saturday. Everyone seems to be dropping points, we actually played well today, they just finished their chances unlike us.

Come on the shrimps!!!
Sammy h

Re: The final countdown

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Looking at the current table, it looks as though if we can beat the Daggers and the Shots, then both those teams can then only get to 72 points.
We would be on 70 points meaning we would still need an away win at Shrewsbury for 73.
Of course, there are other teams around who can get to 74 points and more, but we can do it, but I think we are going to have to get 3 victories.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:45 pm

I've just had a play with the BBC Predictor thingie.

If we win our remaining three games and no-one does us any favours, then the worst case scenario is that we finish 8th on goal difference. But that relies upon our play off rivals all picking up maximum points too. If Chesterfield or Port Vale draw one and win two, then our three wins would put us in there.

Beating D&R and Aldershot are both 'must win' games. Even a draw in either of those would probably leave us with too big a gap based on our goal difference compared to theirs.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Last week I played around with the predictor and based it on losing 4-1 to Notts County, beating Dagenham, drawing with Shrewsbury and beating Aldershot and had us finishing 9th. I'm sticking to that for now ;)

If we win our last 3 games I have us finishing 5th with 73 points, if we do as I predict (2 wins and a draw), I have us finishing 9th with 71 points
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Can't afford any slip ups at this stange don't usally look forward more than a couple of games because you never know what other teams are going to do but if we can win our last 3 games I think we will make it.
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:22 am

3 Cup finals for me but without extra time and penalty shoot outs. Must win all 3 I.M.O.
Thought a draw would have been enough at Shrewsbury before the Bradford game.
Hopefully the 2nd half capitulation against Rochdale won't ultimately cost us.

Come on Shrimps all to play for :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby lancaster shrimp » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:32 am

i think 6points will do it at a squeeze, win on sat and who knows how many we will take to shropshire? i did the bbc predictor thingy last night and it said we would finish in7th

BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!
lancaster shrimp

Postby shrimper » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:04 pm

I've done a couple of the predictor thingies.

First I did a 'worst realistic scenario I can imagine' and we end up 11th and a few points off.

Then a 'most optimistic realistic' one (ie being positive but not anticipating ALL results to go our way) which saw us end up 6th.

The one I did which predicted what I actually thought would be the results, game by game, (envisaging four points from our next two games) saw us get to the last game needing to beat Aldershot and then hoping Daggers don't win at Darlington, to scrape into the play-offs.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Bradford_Shrimp » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:13 pm

First of all, we can't get eight points. 6, 7,or 9 are possible. More important wins against Daggers and Shots means they can only get a maximum of six points, and if we win those two and the away game at Shrews then we will be in the play offs. Any less than 3wins makes it extremely unlikely unless every one else collapses around us. Three wins it must be.
Bradford_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion