Jevons and Wilson

Jevons and Wilson

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:41 am

How long will these two be out for as we really need them both for last 3 games to stand chance of getting in play offs ???
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Jevons and Wilson

Postby mfcbro » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:35 am

Jevons out for season,Wilson should be ok for next week.
mfcbro

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:48 am

not to bothered about Jevons he needed replacing/resting

Wilson is a blow with his left foot delivery's best left-back in L1 by a long shot for me
George Dawes

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:11 am

DawZi wrote:not to bothered about Jevons he needed replacing/resting

How can you not be bothered. If it's true about Jevons, we're getting down to the bare bones as far as attacking options are concerned. Surely we needed everbody fit and available for the last 3 games.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:35 am

Sammy doesn't have many striking options left if PJ is out.

Step forward Wayne and earn that contract for next season?

Taylor made a very late appearance as sub, maybe to see if there was a reaction to his injury.

Gaz used to be a prolific striker in his youth. Just wonder if Sammy is aware of that? Interestingly he played just off the front man in the reserves the other night. With a res game this week maybe a chance for Sammy to have a look at Gaz to see if he could be used in that role if required?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:21 am

we need Wayne firing on all cylinders for this one.

The Daggers are struggling with injuries so we have to go for it.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:28 am

broadwayshrimp wrote:
DawZi wrote:not to bothered about Jevons he needed replacing/resting

How can you not be bothered. If it's true about Jevons, we're getting down to the bare bones as far as attacking options are concerned. Surely we needed everbody fit and available for the last 3 games.

SM would have carried on with Jevons when he's clearly way off his game, even though we have a fit a raring to go Wayne Curtis who id like to see given a fair crack of the whip as a center forward who fights for the ball and not shy of shooting

plus we still have Duffy who could easily play center forward
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:39 am

if it's true about Jevons then it's a massive blow but it gives Wayne a chance to show what he can do
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:46 am

not as massive if it had been Wilson, losing Wilson unsettles the back four to much where we'd have to shuffle other players about like moving Parrish over who's been superb and settled at right-back
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:47 am

DawZi wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:if it's true about Jevons then it's a massive blow but it gives Wayne a chance to show what he can do

not as massive if it had been Wilson, losing Wilson unsettles the back four to much where we'd have to shuffle other players about like moving Parrish over who's been superb and settled at right-back

your not wrong there ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:06 am

That's the biggest load of garbage i have ever read on this board dawzi ...we get a striker who can get 20 goals a year and you say hes no loss ...just think where we would have been without him before spouting rubbish
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:16 am

Fgh shrimp wrote:That's the biggest load of garbage i have ever read on this board dawzi ...we get a striker who can get 20 goals a year and you say hes no loss ...just think where we would have been without him before spouting rubbish

ok then whats he been doing in the last 2/3 months ? he's clearly off form the goals have dried up and he's not playing his part in the team
George Dawes

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:23 am

I am not going to argue with you or anyone else dawzi ....the fact is without pj we would not be anywhere near the play offs
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:25 am

oh yes we would :P
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:56 am

Fgh shrimp wrote:I am not going to argue with you or anyone else dawzi ....the fact is without pj we would not be anywhere near the play offs

Good shout John
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:57 am

Duffy could easily play center forward?? Heard some whoppers on here but thats at the top right now. PJ or Duffy upfront?? Fact is its a big blow, you need your big players especially if we get into the play-offs.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:05 pm

ezz wrote:Duffy could easily play center forward?? Heard some whoppers on here but thats at the top right now. PJ or Duffy upfront?? Fact is its a big blow, you need your big players especially if we get into the play-offs.

There's a school of thought that the perfect strikers combination is a big 'un and a little 'un.

Mullers and Gaz :?: :?: :?:

Gaz was prolific as a striker.....
Christies Child

Postby The Fury » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:07 pm

DawZi wrote:
Fgh shrimp wrote:That's the biggest load of garbage i have ever read on this board dawzi ...we get a striker who can get 20 goals a year and you say hes no loss ...just think where we would have been without him before spouting rubbish

ok then whats he been doing in the last 2/3 months ? he's clearly off form the goals have dried up and he's not playing his part in the team

Meh, it's not as if Jevons ever really got overly involved in our play prior to his injury. His game revolves around him having a knack for being in the right place at the right time and being a potent finisher. Take that away and, over the next few game, you may realise just how valuable that knack is.
The Fury

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:15 pm

you could argue he does miss Craney maybe he's not getting the right service and balls to his feet but things are clearly not been working of late

and i do think Mullin and Duffy could have potential
George Dawes

Postby parceldave » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:18 pm

been doing in the last 2/3 months ? he's clearly off form the goals have dried up and he's not playing his part in the team
DawZi wrote:

Your right he hasn't done much for the last couple of months since returning from injury but, i think he's still the best option we have up front now we havn't got Twissy to fall back on . Wayne had his chance yesterday but didn't cause much of a threat , there were a few times when he had a goal scoring chance but passed the ball instead. Good strikers are selfish bugga's and any sniff of goal and they will have a go and if Jevons had been in those positions yesterday im sure he would have had a go . Maybe we should try Andy Parrish as centre forward on Saturday as he's played well in any other position SM cares to play him, and he's certainly got the pace to get round that Roundabout. ;)
parceldave

Postby The Bay » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Loz is an illness and should be fine next week.

Sammy told me thinks Jevons is probably out for the season, I for hope hope that doesn't include any potental play off games.

Yesterday, we started with Curtis wide right and Duffy just behind Mullin up front. This was changed at 3-0 down but I suspect Duffers would have stayed in that role had things gone better in the first half.

I wouldn't rule out Duffy/Mullin in a front two on Saturday.
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:22 pm

u MUPPET dawzi how can you say that about Phil Jevons hes been amazing whilst hes been on loan for us ,His goals have helped us get to the position were in.Hope hes not out for the rest of the Season because if hes fit he could get us in Play-Offs
northstandshrimp2009

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:33 pm

northstandshrimp2009 wrote:u MUPPET dawzi how can you say that about Phil Jevons hes been amazing whilst hes been on loan for us ,His goals have helped us get to the position were in.Hope hes not out for the rest of the Season because if hes fit he could get us in Play-Offs

read posts properly before you start name calling
George Dawes

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:39 pm

I am pretty confident that had Wayne Curtis had a prolonged starting run in the team had he would have as many, or very nearly as many, goals as Jevons.

Somebody near to where I was sat, at Notts County, made a comment after 20 minutes that Wayne had done more than the man he replaced had in the previous 5 matches, just in those 20 mins.
Whilst I feel that comment is slightly harsh, I understand the sentiment behind it.

Jevons is a goal machine at this level, but the wheels have needed a good greasing recently.
morecambe mick

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Still think that Jevons is the best forward we have got and hope we can agree something with Huddersfield to keep him if he wants to stay.
heysham_mfc

Next

Return to General Discussion