Sammy Reaction To Notts Co Defeat - Listen Here

Sammy Reaction To Notts Co Defeat - Listen Here

Postby The Bay » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:33 am

The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Sammy Reaction To Notts Co Defeat - Listen Here

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:24 am

Not happy is he?! Lets hope he gets some sort of a reaction next Saturday as a win could put us right back in it. 7 points out of 9 may well just do it but we can't approach any of the last 3 games looking for anything other than a win!
Wild Bill

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:28 am

The Bay wrote:http://www.thebay.co.uk/goto.php?sess=+A5C534C525B53+F1D435B53+915595440141C5E574019+B51+F+4415B5E46545F1D14594113+345&id=17730

The one thing about Sammy is that he defends his charges on most occassions but when necessary he tells it as it is.

Not too happy about the defence v Notts.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby N Saban » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:50 am

I have to say having been to Notts County yesterday I think Sammy is being a bit harsh on the defence to mask a mistake in the initial team selection. I think most people (not all) who went to both Bradford and Notts County were suprised that Duffy was starting and equally bemused by the fact that Gary Hunter was on the bench. When he came on yesterday 2nd half is when we got more of a foothold in the game.! he should definately start saturday. plus points from yesterday I felt Andy Parrish yet again was superb, also the 2nd half performance was so much better than the first and we more than matched them in terms of possession and spirit. I don't think many people expected a positive result yesterday and the injuries to Wilson and Jevons definately didn't help but what is important is that Sammy and the team learn from the 1st half performance and the goals conceded.

musts for dagenham:

Hunter must start.
Bentley needs to be in the team (his leadership is vital at the back)

team (if fit)

Roach
Wilson, Bentley Haining Parrish
Hunter Stanley Drummond Wainright

Curtis Mullin
N Saban

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:53 pm

N Saban wrote:team (if fit)

Roach
Wilson, Bentley Haining Parrish
Hunter Stanley Drummond Wainright

Curtis Mullin

Wouldn't argue to much with that 'N', although I wouldn't be too upset with...

______________Roach
Wilson__Bentley____Haining____Parrish
Hunter__Stanley__Drummond__Wainright
___________Duffy
__________________Mullin

But I'd be looking to bring Wayne on while he still has time to get in to the game. A few weeks ago, I was calling for Wayne to start ahead of Mullin but the last few games Mullin has been superb. On that basis, I think Duffy may be the player who is currently best to play off him.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Dids » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:10 pm

sorry but what has duffy done in the last couple of games to suggest he should even by in the team, injurys or no injurys. for instance yesterday. every time he got the ball he ran towards the defender then turned around and ran the other direction, to then fall flat on his face. this is what has been happening the majority of the season. how many crosses has he made in the last 2 games? 1 or 2. and even they were shocking. as for playing as a striker in the next game, i think its utterly ridiculous as he cannot shoot, or prevent himself from falling.
Dids

Postby John L » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Dids wrote:sorry but what has duffy done in the last couple of games to suggest he should even by in the team, injurys or no injurys. for instance yesterday. every time he got the ball he ran towards the defender then turned around and ran the other direction, to then fall flat on his face. this is what has been happening the majority of the season. how many crosses has he made in the last 2 games? 1 or 2. and even they were shocking. as for playing as a striker in the next game, i think its utterly ridiculous as he cannot shoot, or prevent himself from falling.

I don't think the fact that they watered the end we were attacking in the 1st half prior to the match helped, then watering the other end at half time!
John L

Return to General Discussion