I really hope

I really hope

Postby Tammy_VIP » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:27 am

You make the play offs.

I think you're the only set of fans who haven't given us loads and loads of shit.

Come on you Shrimps! :D

We want to see you in league 1 next season

x
Tammy_VIP

Re: I really hope

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Tammy_VIP wrote:You make the play offs.

I think you're the only set of fans who haven't given us loads and loads of shit.

x

I can't agree with that sentiment, after the torrent of verbal abuse from a certain "gentleman" in the car next to our minibus. I'm glad there were no kids present. :(

Best not mention a certain heavy handed, aggrogant and aggressive steward you have in the away section. Oh, and he was the supervisor :o
He desperately needs to go on a crowd management course.
Most of the people travelling with me said they wouldn't go there again, even if we did go up - on principle.
morecambe mick

Postby Sammy h » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:31 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
Tammy_VIP wrote:You make the play offs.

x

I can't agree with that sentiment, after the torrent of verbal abuse from a certain "gentleman" in the car next to our minibus. I'm glad there were no kids present. :(

Best not mention a certain heavy handed, aggrogant and aggressive steward you have in the away section. Oh, and he was the supervisor :o
He desperately needs to go on a crowd management course.
Most of the people travelling with me said they wouldn't go there again, even if we did go up - on principle.

I think the less said about this incident the better, i have already sent my complaint into them, the county fans agree on their message board.
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:07 pm

just been reading on there forums seems like some of them stewards are well known for it

notts county STEWARDS DISGRACE............. ...

got an update about the thug steward from tuesday nights game who had a lincoln city fan in a headlock only to be led out by the police and stripped of his tabard and relieved of his duties.
well he was back on duty today and back in the sirrell stand with the away fans.
step forward..........no not mr alan thug justice.

but no other than mr alan thug justice junior, yes his son !!!!

I saw that lad being booted out from Morecombe end.

They were 3-0 down after 19 mins.....they were causing no trouble, having a good time and not winding us up at all (like us at the Fulham game).

Then they got a well deserved goal, the young lad got up to celebrate and he gets kicked down the stairs by some wanna be Nazi steward.....I mean I saw him actually being booted down the stairs....

Its not like he was a Forest fan is it! Is this really what we want at the lane?

You need stewards to control large crowds in big games. We have stewards who on the surface appear to only want to spoil peoples fun. what possible harm to anyone other than themselves could come from a few morecambe fans dancing and singing? The only people who need a warning are the stewards involved in this and those that tell them what to do. I look forward to seeing how they handle Leeds next season if they dont go up. We'll see how hard they are then.

the link is here if anybody is intrested in reading more --> http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2121957255
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:36 pm

we win the next three games and just hope stanners and hunter are playing in the remaining games
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:13 pm

you have to wonder what would happen if some away fans did start causing trouble whould they act in the same way...
heysham_mfc

Postby Sammy h » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:26 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:you have to wonder what would happen if some away fans did start causing trouble whould they act in the same way...

As Dawzi said above, read the board and there is alot about the stewards, they did say that it has happened in the past where Port vale came and ripped off seats and the stewards were nowhere to be seen....
Sammy h

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:40 pm

how do we spell morecambe :lol: :lol: :lol:

its not a matter of being hard. its a matter of asking people too follow a few simple rules set out by the council and FA. Everybody should be able to enjoy the game. Morcombe fans were taunting Notts fans. Certain stewards aren't up too the job and this is being dealt with. if you are a true Notts supporter get behind the players and enjoy the game if not you will not be welcome at MEADOW LANE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tommopie8
#15 17 Apr 2010 21:10 Complain |
Signed: November 2004 re: re: re: re: re: notts county STEWARDS DISGRACE............. ...
Hall of Fame

Thought they acted well today, Trew requested no pitch invasion until Champions. I'm happy they didn't get on the pitch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rebelmagpie
#16 17 Apr 2010 21:12 Complain |
Signed: October 2008 re: re: re: re: re: notts county STEWARDS DISGRACE............. ...
Hall of Fame

'tommopie8' wrote at 21:10 on 17 Apr:
Thought they acted well today, Trew requested no pitch invasion until Champions. I'm happy they didn't get on the pitch.

Agree with you there Tommopie8... Most of the fans were happy staying off the pitch... Only that berk of a 'lady' and a few down in the corner... Still work to be done in securing title - celebrate then!

Habilis
#17 17 Apr 2010 21:24 Complain |
Signed: July 2009 re: re: re: re: re: notts county STEWARDS DISGRACE............. ...
Trialist

I concur with most that I have read here. yes I feel it is wong that the individual was back on duty today, yes I agree certain stewards are 'over the top', and yes I agree others are not up to the job.
I am a steward at Meadow Lane, and have been for several years, I will not apologise for those who 'step out of line' but just be aware where the CCTV cameras are (if you understand me). I luv the pies and their supporters, and am more than happy at their success.
However, please all, We are NOT all the same, some of us have 'proper jobs' outside stewarding, and yes so much as we get paid. some of us would do it for the love of the club.
To all; best of all luck and thanks for been Pies Supporters.

McSweeeeeeeeeegan
#18 17 Apr 2010 22:21 Complain |
Signed: April 2010 re: re: re: notts county STEWARDS DISGRACE............. ...
Trialist

I saw that lad being booted out from Morecombe end.

They were 3-0 down after 19 mins.....they were causing no trouble, having a good time and not winding us up at all (like us at the Fulham game).

Then they got a well deserved goal, the young lad got up to celebrate and he gets kicked down the stairs by some wanna be Nazi steward.....I mean I saw him
:lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:41 pm

One can only hope, for their sake, that both Leeds and Millwall win promotion in the next few weeks...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Sammy h » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Sammy h

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:37 am

Strange that they mention a headlock because I saw the same tactic used on Sammy h.
morecambe mick

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:46 am

The stewards certainly had their handsfull in the Kop End. The fans were trying everything to get on the pitch
NottsCop1.JPG

NottsCop2.JPG

NottsCop3.JPG
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:48 am

NottsCop4.JPG

NottsCop5.JPG

Until one finally escaped

NottsCop6.JPG
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Here is my first response from County -

Sam,

I hope you are well and had a safe journey back up north.

I have passed this onto both the Chief Executive and our Safety Officer.

They should hopefully get back to regarding that matter.

I would like to say that your team played some neat football. Good to see that your heads didn’t drop too much. One of the better passing teams we have seen down the Lane recently.

I wish you well in your promotion charge.

Kind regards,

Ralph Shepherd

Notts County Press Officer

Office: 0115-9557203 / Mobile: 07796544226

ralph.shepherd@nottscountyfc.co.uk

“The World's Oldest Football League Club”
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Sammy h wrote:Here is my first response from County -

Sam,

I hope you are well and had a safe journey back up north.

I have passed this onto both the Chief Executive and our Safety Officer.

They should hopefully get back to regarding that matter.

I would like to say that your team played some neat football. Good to see that your heads didn’t drop too much. One of the better passing teams we have seen down the Lane recently.

I wish you well in your promotion charge.

Kind regards,

Ralph Shepherd

Notts County Press Officer

Office: 0115-9557203 / Mobile: 07796544226

ralph.shepherd@nottscountyfc.co.uk

Good luck with that ;)
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:50 pm

Good morning Sam
Below is the response from the club, i did not mean for anybody to lose their job over this. I have responded back to the club and have highlighted the above point.

I am glad to hear they will be receiving training over the summer, as i am sure it is much needed.

Good morning Sam,

Firstly let me apologise for the ‘over-policing’ at the game on Saturday, this was, as you assumed, a reflection of the problems we had at the Lincoln match and at several previous games where away spectators caused problems. I would also like to say that the stewards are tasked with ensuring ground regulations are complied with and one of those is that spectators may not stand in seated areas whilst play is in progress, had you in fact sat down when requested you would not have subsequently been ejected, however, this does not excuse the manner of the ejection. We have reviewed the footage of the Kop stand and, whilst there were quite a few fans standing, most were indeed sitting down when requested by the stewards.

Myself and the deputy safety officer reviewed the CCTV footage yesterday and, along with your email, have made the decision to inform the supervisor concerned that he will no longer be working for the club. We also already had extra training planned for the stewards during the closed season and of course this will cover customer service, ejections, etc.

If you would like any further information or would like to discuss anything with me please feel free to call me.

Regards

Elaine Carpenter

Operations Manager

Notts County FC

Tel: 0115 955 7283

Fax: 0115 955 3994

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Notts County FC. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender.

Sammy h

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Good to see a response and an apology that demonstrated that the complaint was taken seriously. A head-lock can never be excused in a 'planned' situation, and that is from someone who has done both Control & Restraint in acute psychiatric units and was previously an instructor for Non-Violent Chris Intervention.

That said, 'learning' rather than 'sacking' is probably a better approach.

Oh, and back to the original post, thanks Tammy for your kind wishes.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sammy h » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Keith wrote:Good to see a response and an apology that demonstrated that the complaint was taken seriously. A head-lock can never be excused in a 'planned' situation, and that is from someone who has done both Control & Restraint in acute psychiatric units and was previously an instructor for Non-Violent Chris Intervention.

That said, 'learning' rather than 'sacking' is probably a better approach.

Oh, and back to the original post, thanks Tammy for your kind wishes.

It was much worse than a headlock, see the link above on their website. I do agree with you though, that learning is the better approach rather than sacking and i have said that to the club.
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion